Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
There might be future considerations without saying so in writing. I’d bet that’s the case if he’s claimed by SJ.

What a f***ing day to be Barclay Goodrow. Yeesh.
He’d be going back to a place where he started his career with a shit load more money. And he’s not getting sent to Winnipeg, it’s the Bay Area

He’ll be just fine. If anything it’s a great day for Goodrow

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
He’d be going back to a place where he started his career with a shit load more money. And he’s not getting sent to Winnipeg, it’s the Bay Area

He’ll be just fine. If anything it’s a great day for Goodrow

Going from a cup contending NY team to the worst team in the league at his age doesn’t amount to great day for anyone other than the NYR. I’m sure he hates today.

Ranger Wolf

Red Dwarf XI & XII
Feb 12, 2003
Temecula, CA
Visit site

Feel Shame

May 8, 2024
I don't want to do conspiracy theories, but maybe at his exit interview Goodrow shouldn't have said team darlings Panarin and Zibanejad are playoff imbeciles and that Trocheck's Gran-ma-ma could've had more playoff production.
Had to have said something along these lines. The Weekend probably watched Goodie’s regular season and decided that this was the move, even if he was one of five skaters to show up for the entirety of the playoffs. My only hope is we don’t hunt after Marner, just a hard ass no. Mika and Kreider need a puck transporter/ distributor if they are to remain together. It’s a glaring issue.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I LOL at the question if Drury was serious about winning. Our fansbase is so funny. I wonder if the Flyers or the Devils fanbase think we are serious about winning after leading the NHL in points and going to the ECF. :D

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I feel like this is a move we saw coming when Goodrow signed. He just makes too much for the role he plays.
I've always been pretty adamant that there was rough plan to move him around the year 3-4 mark. I do think Drury was hoping/expecting the cap to rise a bit faster post covid than it has.

In some ways $3.6m for a 30 point player with 'intangibles' and long playoff experience, and who can PK isn't that crazy, which is why I think there may be some interest for him out there.
From a points perspective he's had his best 2 regular seasons while a Ranger, and this playoffs was his best.
The fact that Lavi basically refused to promote him above the 4th line all season did show that his time here was basically done though

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I still think if he goes to SJ there is someone coming back. I’ve mentioned Kostin in the past. He’s a big bodied winger who had some success in Edmonton. RW. He will drop the gloves if needed. He has 1 year left at $2m. That would make some sense.
That would be a solid move to save cap space and get a physical winger who can play and agitate

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I still think if he goes to SJ there is someone coming back. I’ve mentioned Kostin in the past. He’s a big bodied winger who had some success in Edmonton. RW. He will drop the gloves if needed. He has 1 year left at $2m. That would make some sense.
Not sure why they would trade us Kostin, let alone for Goodrow. He played well for them after he was traded to them at the end of the season, and still a RFA after next season.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Drury hasn't done anything where he has spent for 4th line types. It was something he probably weighed last summer but was hesitant cause of Gallant being such shit.

This cap space is going to turn into a legit player. We have enough guys on cheap deals to have an effective 4th line. 1 top 4 LHD and 1 top 6 forward. It can be done now.

Toffoli and Chychrun should be the targets. I think they fill a lot of what this team needs.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Ive said if theres a team that wants trouba but he has them on their list, do this to trouba. Doing it to goodrow is very nice as well

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

feels like kostin has some value being big n cheap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad