Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I hope Drury has the guts to do this with Trouba.

After that get Roy and Chychrun.

Chychrun Fox
Miller Roy
Jones Schneider

Trading for an injury prone dman makes no sense. He only played more than 70 games once and that was this year with 82. Might as well keep Lindgren. Trading a package for an injury prone player is just giving away assets. What if Chychrun goes back to playing 60 games a year. Not worth the risk.

Reactions: leetch99

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Trading for an injury prone dman makes no sense. He only played more than 70 games once and that was this year with 82. Might as well keep Lindgren. Trading a package for an injury prone player is just giving away assets. What if Chychrun goes back to playing 60 games a year. Not worth the risk.

Keeping Lindgren is just giving away the season.

It doesn't have to be Chychrun but it can't be Lindgren in that spot come opening night 2024.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Drury may have had some conversations and perhaps another GM told him they would pick him up if he were waived. Timing is too bizarre to be anything else.

Timing is weird but if someone takes him then they are on his no trade and Drury will have a side deal saying thanks

Probably a prospect or two gone not picks ?

Reactions: Tob

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
If there isn't a GM who already phoned in willing to take on Goodrow, this seems like a boneheaded move by Drury. Like you can at least pretend you want to keep Goodrow and trade him. Now you've ceded all negotiation power. If this is for a buyout, well, I get it but it's disappointing to see Drury pay twice for his mistakes.

Mistake 1 signing Patrick Nemeth to a horrible contract and then trading TWO 2nds to dump him
Mistake 2 thinking Sammy Blais was sufficient value for Buch and then trading him back to STL. Mistake 3 here is thinking Goodrow is worth his $3.6M and then buying him out?

I'm sure I'm missing more mistakes here, folks. Please someone claim him. We need a W here. Not another big fat L. Too many of those this past month.

Mistakes tend to happen when you throw gobs of money at the bottom of the lineup.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
That guy is a moron. He knows jack shit about the Rangers. Frankie had the Rangers signng Kane last fall when they had no interest in Kane. He linked Kane to the Rangers this morning. That's what the Rangers need. A gimpy perimeter player. Those guys love Kane. Frank, Jonny Lazerus and Colby Cohen. They would fight each other to blow Kane when Kane's girlfriend isn’t available.
There’s the vintage RB we’ve been longing for! 🔥🔥🔥

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers clearing up space to sign Ryan Lomberg on July 1. Rangers have a tendency to sign players that played well vs them in the playoffs in a short sample size.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
8ua5p1.jpg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I mean if someone takes him off our hands for free u see it as an absolute win.

Never thought that was a possibility.

Not to diminish what he did in the postseason because he was much better at the best possible time but I still take a free claim at that age and salary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad