Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Someone has to be claiming him. You wouldn't need to put him on waivers now if not cause if a buyout was happening, you have to place the player on waivers before you do it during the buyout window. Unconditional waiver for the purpose of a buyout, I believe.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
We don't know what we don't know.

The extended travel (warranted) gaps are adding to this because of how far away these two teams are from each other.
Unless it went to 2 3 2 format when series is for certain distances. Puts extra emphasis on getting home ice advantage.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
At league minimum we would have to consider it .
Sure, but why would he take league minimum?

He didn't produce for us, but his body of work is enough to earn him at least a couple mil. He made 5 mil last year.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Someone has to be claiming him. You wouldn't need to put him on waivers now if not cause if a buyout was happening, you have to place the player on waivers before you do it during the buyout window. Unconditional waiver for the purpose of a buyout, I believe.
Drury may have had some conversations and perhaps another GM told him they would pick him up if he were waived. Timing is too bizarre to be anything else.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Sure, but why would he take league minimum?

He didn't produce for us, but his body of work is enough to earn him at least a couple mil. He made 5 mil last year.
Well....just a couple I can think of...he wants a Cup ? ....his wife loves NYC ? It's all speculation of course and he likely will get more even from us . They might even consider him at 2 million . Nobody knows how Chytil will handle a full season or whether Edstrom is capable . So....he might be cheap insurance for us. Having 4 solid C's and a guy that can move up is good strategy with two rookie wingers in tow .

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
I hope Drury has the guts to do this with Trouba.

After that get Roy and Chychrun.

Chychrun Fox
Miller Roy
Jones Schneider

Reactions: zlev

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think this is more likely to be a deal that was consummated and Goodrow’s list nixed it. This is Drury’s way around it. And if that’s the case, I’m expecting a trade to follow with a contract coming back. Say like Kostin from SJ or something like that

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Rangers clearly are after a big fish, making this move at this point.

Watch them get Marner and trade Kakko and Lindgren (or Trouba) to Toronto.
Marner is Panarin lite. DO NOT WANT!

This is what Tampa did with McDonagh except he greenlit the trade to Nashville instead of risking winding up in the graveyard that is Columbus.
And look where Mac is now!

This is what Tampa did with McDonagh except he greenlit the trade to Nashville instead of risking winding up in the graveyard that is Columbus.
And look where Mac is now!

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Rangers can technically do this do Trouba as well. Would be quite Machiavellian but if no one wants Jacob it could be a time bomb on the locker room if the team isnt willing to buy him out.
Free agents won't come here unless they get a full NMC and Drury doesn't like giving them out. No GM should.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Is this Drury trying to get something more (or anything) out of teams on his NTC list? As in, pony up a 3rd for Goodrow with a minimum wage guy in there as well, or some other team just claims him on waivers and you miss out on your gritty playoff vet...

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I assume this means he will be claimed or (more likely) bought out. No other realistic alternative.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
One of the more bittersweet things I’ve experienced as a fan. Huge cap relief and the perfect time for it, but Goodrow is a hell of a guy.

But the best news out of all this is that Drury does not give a F. And that’s what I want in a GM.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Hopefully they got a team that told Drury they would claim him, him still being owed over 11 million dollars is gross, what a disgusting contract.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Props to Dru tho on giving us some topics of conversation here. Maybe he's a reg and was got bored reading the roster building thread

Reactions: mike14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad