Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Hard to imagine there's not a young team out there that doesnt grab Goody.

I think this may indicate the Rangers are going big game hunting this off season.

Reactions: McRanger92

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
What does this mean dollars and sense wise? Or is this just a precursor to a buyout if they cant find a trade?

Goodrow was/is a warrior but his reputation among Ranger fans will never be good because of his contract, and I wish him well. At least he had his playoff moments. Wouldve preferred not to go this route, but its kind of a no brainer.

Let me look on CapFriendly. Oh wait...

Feel Shame

May 8, 2024
Trouba should take notes. This will be his future as well. Maybe not this year, but definitely in the cards.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So if someone claims Goodrow and the Rangers get 3.6 mil in cap space for free, it wasnt a smart move? Maybe Goodrow blocked a deal to Chicago or san Jose and Drury outmanuevered him. The cap space is far more valuable than any mid round draft pick.
Well obviously if it works out (and I have a feeling it will work out and someone claims him) then yes, for us this is a smart move. I guess I misworded it: it kinda shows that there is not enough interest in Goodrow (from 17 teams) to work out a trade.

I'm 100% on board with getting rid of him. Nice playoffs, but begone.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Interesting that anyone can claim Goodrow, and he can't block it. Smart move by Pizza Man. Trouba next?
I do wonder if he worked out a deal and Goodrow said no. All the reporters got the memo from Drury about how much they respect him. I guess we'll find out soon enough if someone claims him. I have a feeling someone will, especially the floor teams.

He can PK and that's really about it, but some teams need that and need a veteran to help their younger players. He'd be perfect for that role.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Guy cracks me up. Is his source Friedman?

I don't really get why people get so up in arms about Vince. He's not a "break secret news because he has snitches in the organization" reporter but yeah I'm sure he checked with the Rangers about whether it was true and got a little extra info from his contacts with the Rangers.

He doesn't have breaking news sources but if you think he doesn't talk to the organization and get info directly from them (rather than Friedman who likely just gets stuff from league sources) then I think you're out to lunch

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
So if someone claims Goodrow and the Rangers get 3.6 mil in cap space for free, it wasnt a smart move? Maybe Goodrow blocked a deal to Chicago or san Jose and Drury outmanuevered him. The cap space is far more valuable than any mid round draft pick.
Stephane Quintal. He had a no trade clause. Sather had a deal worked with Chicago. Q wanted no part of Chicago. Rangers waived him. Hawks claimed him and traded Grosek and Brown to the Rangers for future considerations. 2000.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Stephane Quintal. He had a no trade clause. Sather had a deal worked with Chicago. Q wanted no part of Chicago. Rangers waived him. Hawks claimed him and traded Grosek and Brown to the Rangers for future considerations. 2000.

Rangers can technically do this do Trouba as well. Would be quite Machiavellian but if no one wants Jacob it could be a time bomb on the locker room if the team isnt willing to buy him out.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad