Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
What does this mean dollars and sense wise? Or is this just a precursor to a buyout if they cant find a trade?

Goodrow was/is a warrior but his reputation among Ranger fans will never be good because of his contract, and I wish him well. At least he had his playoff moments. Wouldve preferred not to go this route, but its kind of a no brainer.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What does this mean dollars and sense wise? Or is this just a precursor to a buyout if they cant find a trade?

Goodrow was/is a warrior but his reputation among Ranger fans will never be good because of his contract, and I wish him well. At least he had his playoff moments. Wouldve preferred not to go this route, but its kind of a no brainer.
If unclaimed: Rangers save 1.15mil on the cap with him on the minors. If claimed, obviously off the books. I haven't looked at what the buyout is like, but the window opens after the finals are done.

nyrob13

Jun 21, 2015
The bottom feeders needing to reach the cap floor should be interested. A return to San Jose perhaps.

Reactions: yrrebbor

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Guy just shows us he’s one of the only players on the team with a clutch gene and they’re rushing to ship him out.
Barclay Goodrow shot 30% at 5v5 in the playoffs but still got outscored 6-5 at 5v5 when he was on the ice

how is that possible? because he had the worst 5v5 shot, scoring chance, high danger scoring chance differential rates in the entire playoffs and was outshot 46-100. Igor's 94% save% at 5v5 wasn't enough to bail that out

scored big goals but overall has been a detriment to NYR on both sides of the ice and they are way better off without him and that cap hit on the books.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Interesting that anyone can claim Goodrow, and he can't block it. Smart move by Pizza Man. Trouba next?
I mean I don't know if it's smart. It kinda shows that no-one was interested in trading for him, or the teams interested were on his 15 team NTC. Because surely the first option would be a trade.

Tampa traded McDonagh to Nashville by basically saying: "We have a trade ready with Nashville, you can either waive your NTC or we can waive you and you will end up in Columbus or Ottawa or some other hell hole".

Reactions: yrrebbor

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Seravelli mentioned that they’re still interested in Guenzetel as well
That guy is a moron. He knows jack shit about the Rangers. Frankie had the Rangers signng Kane last fall when they had no interest in Kane. He linked Kane to the Rangers this morning. That's what the Rangers need. A gimpy perimeter player. Those guys love Kane. Frank, Jonny Lazerus and Colby Cohen. They would fight each other to blow Kane when Kane's girlfriend isn’t available.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I mean I don't know if it's smart. It kinda shows that no-one was interested in trading for him, or the teams interested were on his 15 team NTC. Because surely the first option would be a trade.

Tampa traded McDonagh to Nashville by basically saying: "We have a trade ready with Nashville, you can either waive your NTC or we can waive you and you will end up in Columbus or Ottawa or some other hell hole".

So if someone claims Goodrow and the Rangers get 3.6 mil in cap space for free, it wasnt a smart move? Maybe Goodrow blocked a deal to Chicago or san Jose and Drury outmanuevered him. The cap space is far more valuable than any mid round draft pick.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

If unclaimed: Rangers save 1.15mil on the cap with him on the minors. If claimed, obviously off the books. I haven't looked at what the buyout is like, but the window opens after the finals are done.
The 1.15 mil savings won't apply until next season starts and he actually gets sent down. My guess is he will be gone before then, one way or another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad