Value of: Goodrow Back to Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Would NYR be willing to trade Goodrow back to Tampa w/some salary retention?

Tampa has somewhere around 2.2-2.5M in space after Jeannot. He was amazing in Tampa. Tampa needs another forward. Rags seem like they'd like to get out from under his contract. Seems it could be mutually beneficial.

Any chance of this? What would it take?

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

Tampa has somewhere around 2.2-2.5M in space after Jeannot. He was amazing in Tampa. Tampa needs another forward. Rags seem like they'd like to get out from under his contract. Seems it could be mutually beneficial.

They're in the red by almost 4 million they have to move someone just to be compliant and I doubt they want to add more expensive third or fourth liners to the cap.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

How much retention are you looking for, but yes please take him.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The Rangers would be far better off just buying Goodrow out. The hit is only 100k next year and 200k the following year, then bumps up to 3.6m when the cap is supposed to go up anyway. After that it's a sub 2m hit for like 3 more years. I can't imagine them holding 50% for 3 years for a team they have to get through in the playoffs whem space is so tight as it is.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
They're in the red by almost 4 million they have to move someone just to be compliant and I doubt they want to add more expensive third or fourth liners to the cap.
This is not accurate. Bolts have somewhere around 4-4.5M after burying contracts.

How much retention are you looking for, but yes please take him.
His cap hit is 3.6M i believe. Lightning will have somewhere around 2.5ish to spend.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The Rangers would be far better off just buying Goodrow out. The hit is only 100k next year and 200k the following year, then bumps up to 3.6m when the cap is supposed to go up anyway. After that it's a sub 2m hit for like 3 more years. I can't imagine them holding 50% for 3 years for a team they have to get through in the playoffs whem space is so tight as it is.
It's -200k next year and -100k the year after, though it's moot because the buyout window is closed and we won't get a 2nd one.
Goodrow to Detroit.

Goodrow(3.7, 4 years)
NYR 2024 1st

For

Zadina
Detroit 2024 3rd
You already know the answer to this.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It's -200k next year and -100k the year after, though it's moot because the buyout window is closed and we won't get a 2nd one.

You already know the answer to this.

Just a proposal, negotiations can happen......😁

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Would NYR be willing to trade Goodrow back to Tampa?!

Would NYR be willing to trade Goodrow back to San Jose!!!!!

We miss you Goooooody

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Didn't the Bolts trade Colton to free up cap space? He's currently probably much better as 3rd C, so I'm not sure why they'd want to fill it with a pricey lesser option like Goodrow.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Didn't the Bolts trade Colton to free up cap space? He's currently probably much better as 3rd C, so I'm not sure why they'd want to fill it with a pricey lesser option like Goodrow.
He's definitely not going to be more pricey than Colton. Especially if NYR retains some.

Also, I dont know about now, but Goodrow was way better for us than Colton was when he was here. And that's not a shot at Colton - who played well.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Imagine a third team would have to be involved. Rangers need caproom also

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He is available.
IMO, ny only really considering to move for cap recovery. He is not great, but good + value, and only overpaid by about a half a mil.
Unless the incentive to retain at all was stupid good to force even being considered, he will not be dealt with retention.

If ny were stupidly impatient, it would deal now, no retention, for a 6th, effectively a cap dump.

If they ltb [listen to bern], they will go into the season w/him, wait for inevitable injury creating a need, and THEN sell higher and get it due to increased need upping demand.
Depending on who else becomes available, at what price,, that could look something like:
Good + 4th for a 3rd
Good + 3rd for a 2nd

Rs should not give this guy the bum's rush, but once circumstances make sense, should move, repurposing his cap, and giving his mins to youth

That is your base.
99% we will not retain.
If you insist on retaining, add significantly

imo,, hope you found this helpful

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Seabrooks 6,875m isn't officialy on LTIR yet so they have 2,975m in cap space at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad