Other Sports: Golf Thread - Majors Draft 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Bryson's pace of play is still annoying as hell, but he's really become one of the more likeable guys out there. He acknowledges the fans, which is something 99% of them blow off unless there's a camera around running a segment for a network.

It's kind of refreshing to see a personality. Scottie and Rahm have largely been the face of the sport for the last couple of years, and they're about as lively as a funeral home.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Really the hat change made Bryson likable. I just couldn’t support him wearing the douchenozzle hat. Now that he wears a normal baseball cap, he’s turned completely face.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Really the hat change made Bryson likable. I just couldn’t support him wearing the douchenozzle hat. Now that he wears a normal baseball cap, he’s turned completely face.
Ya he was a douchebag, but how anyone couldn't love his performance and how he interacted with the fans and media. How he didn't strangle scumbag Chamblee is worth a medal as well.

End this BS and let them play wherever, always was my stance.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Love the clip going around....

Bryson watching Xander putt for the win....then going out out and shaking Xanders hand to congratulate him.

Then Rory watching Bryson's putt go in for the win, being a puss and booting it out of there as quickly as possible.

Also saw that from the time Bryson putt went in to the time Rory plane took off, was 53 minutes. Could not get out of there fast enough.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Love the clip going around....

Bryson watching Xander putt for the win....then going out out and shaking Xanders hand to congratulate him.

Then Rory watching Bryson's putt go in for the win, being a puss and booting it out of there as quickly as possible.

Also saw that from the time Bryson putt went in to the time Rory plane took off, was 53 minutes. Could not get out of there fast enough.
And was like 5 mins from when Bryson sunk putt.

Be a grownup, go shake his hand and then bolt for your temper tantrum.

How's your guys weather been, my course has been closed this year more than the last 2 years already this year. So much damn rain, it is maddening.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And was like 5 mins from when Bryson sunk putt.

Be a grownup, go shake his hand and then bolt for your temper tantrum.

How's your guys weather been, my course has been closed this year more than the last 2 years already this year. So much damn rain, it is maddening.
we got all our rain in April, been great ever since. Been like 18-24 degrees everyday so great golfing temp too. We have that heatwave coming tomorrow so 38 Wed, 40 Thur then back down to 29, 24, 24 again so 2 days of ultra hot.

Side note.....have lost 18lbs since Jan 1st just by walking and eating better...though I still eat lots of bad.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
While I agree it was poor sportsmanship from Rory, I don't blame him. He gave away the open with an awful stretch of holes. It was a huge choke job, and he knows it. He's not going to have many more opportunities to win majors, this was in his fingertips and he blew it. That loss is not easy to get over.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
While I agree it was poor sportsmanship from Rory, I don't blame him. He gave away the open with an awful stretch of holes. It was a huge choke job, and he knows it. He's not going to have many more opportunities to win majors, this was in his fingertips and he blew it. That loss is not easy to get over.
Others chocked it away and faced the media:

Never one to shy away from providing the media with gold, Mickelson immediately offered a stark review of his play on the 18th.

"I still am in shock that I did that," he said, building up to the now-iconic quote. "I just can't believe I did that. I'm such an idiot."

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Others chocked it away and faced the media:

Never one to shy away from providing the media with gold, Mickelson immediately offered a stark review of his play on the 18th.

"I still am in shock that I did that," he said, building up to the now-iconic quote. "I just can't believe I did that. I'm such an idiot."
Phil had 2 majors wins in 2004, one in 2005, and the masters in 2006, a few months before this quote. Rory hasn't won a major in 10 years. Those are not comparable situations.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Bryson and Phil vs the field ??? I know who I take !! :)

Looking like LaQuinta in Palm Springs end of September !!! :)

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad