GDT: Gold star - Russian Combine- starting June 18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Iginla isn’t big either.

In fact Demidov and him are probably the same size.

What does size mean to you? Height? Because I think Iggy is 1" taller and has more weight already at a younger age.

Demidov might top out at 6'-0" and 185-190 lbs. Iginla might top out at 6'-1" and 200-210 lbs. His father was 6'-1" and 210. I would have high confidence he has that size/weight.

Call me crazy but I have these two very close in potential and I would lean towards Iggy because I think he has a better all around game. A hard working Canadian with his fathers pedigree and work ethic. Young and hot trending. I think Iggy is going to want to battle for the puck more than Demidov in tight spaces. Edge to Demidov in skating but that is not a big edge. Iggy's shot is just as impressive or more impressive vs Demidov's shot.

Reactions: Troyp

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd be shocked if their entire thought processed changed over a couple of inches.

If they were set on Levshunov and put in all that work, that's not going to make them change course.

Rumor is that they've been debating Levshunov vs. Demidov, all it takes is one of the questions to go away to flip.

I don't like this little showcase, if Demidov erases all doubts then him getting to 5 becomes a more difficult proposition.

Reactions: Rozz

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Rumor is that they've been debating Levshunov vs. Demidov, all it takes is one of the questions to go away to flip.

I don't like this little showcase, if Demidov erases all doubts then him getting to 5 becomes a more difficult proposition.
If they were/are truly debating both players, giving the edge to one because he's a couple of inches taller than originally thought, would be an odd way to split the tiebreaker.

Demiov's height, was probably not as much of a mystery or even concern to teams, as it was to fans/media.

Reactions: jaffy27

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If they were/are truly debating both players, giving the edge to one because he's a couple of inches taller than originally thought, would be an odd way to split the tiebreaker.

Demiov's height, was probably not as much of a mystery or even concern to teams, as it was to fans/media.

What I'm saying is, if he's not considered 'small' then you remove the small winger label from him and things get closer, and they were already close if it was a debate.. and then if they interview with him, character checks out, the contract concerns check out.. and suddenly those questions you had - is he big enough? Will we be able to get him over? What will his development look like before he comes to us? are answered in a positive light, it can tip the scales back in his favor and they take him at 2.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What I'm saying is, if he's not considered 'small' then you remove the small winger label from him and things get closer, and they were already close if it was a debate.. and then if they interview with him, character checks out, the contract concerns check out.. and suddenly those questions you had - is he big enough? Will we be able to get him over? What will his development look like before he comes to us? are answered in a positive light, it can tip the scales back in his favor and they take him at 2.
Well if that's the case and it pushes Demidov to the Hawks at 2.

Than its time to activate the “break in case of emergency plan” of bailing the Blue Jackets out of their Patrick Laine situation by trading for him, absorbing his entire salary by swapping picks 4 & 5 (with more included of course).

Habs are leavin’ with one of Demidov or Lindstrom.

Like the great poet Nas’ once said

“It was written”

Reactions: Redux91

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Time for Demidov to tell ANA, CHI and CBJ he wants nothing to do with them.

a8915929-6ef4-4de1-a3ba-c85dbffb0df3_text.gif

Wish he just showed up like this and left.

Attachments

• 1718718539099.png
    1718718539099.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 2

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Taller than expected to who? We should be wary not to conflate information new to the public with information new to teams. I'm positive every team in position to draft Demidov has had this intel for a while now.

Him speaking English is a bigger deal I would think. It speaks about his dedication to the NHL and allows teams to have actual conversations with the kid.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
IMHO Chi would benefit most from picking Levshunov. I think Dickinson is the wild card pick in the top 4. If he is selected we get one of the top 2 forwards.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
We get 1st overall in a draft without generational talent, then we proceed to pick at 5 in back to back seasons, just out of range of the top tier of forwards. We're clearly not meant to have elite talent up front, let's take the hint from the hockey gods and draft Buium at 5, then Cole Hutson at 26.

We'll just run 2 forward and 3 D on each line, who's gonna stop us?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad