Value of: Goalie to NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
With Wedgewood claimed off of waivers back in June and Daws/Bernier out with what appear to be long-term injuries, Devils have two goalies on NHL deals Blackwood and Schmid, both who are now on the main team.

Devils likely would be in the market for a backup goalie (ideally more of a tandem option) for Blackwood and possibly an AHL goalie as well.

Curios to see what is potentially out there aside from Dallas.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Buffalo will have AHL goalies available closer to the deadline.

Tokarski, another Subban?

I doubt Craig Anderson is coming back, but if he does he would be a good insurance plan (2nd/3rd) goalie for the playoffs.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
With Wedgewood claimed off of waivers back in June and Daws/Bernier out with what appear to be long-term injuries, Devils have two goalies on NHL deals Blackwood and Schmid, both who are now on the main team.

Devils likely would be in the market for a backup goalie (ideally more of a tandem option) for Blackwood and possibly an AHL goalie as well.

maybe thats why the Leafs signed Mrazek to a 'decent' 3 year deal ...to deal him when other teams lose their goalies

Mrazek for Schmid ...platoon for you, cap for the leafs (and to be honest, i know diddly squat about Schmid, other than his stats)

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

What's up with Bern? did not hear anything

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Greiss gets the Wings what?

Devils have a bunch of young forward prospects that could likely carve out a bottom six role very soon. I’d offer up Studenic or Zetterlund for Greiss, if they think he can offer them 20-25 quality games for the rest of this season.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Dallas is your answer for a trading partner.

Only issue is the Devils would likely be looking for an expiring contract on the off chance Bernier returns next year. That rules out Bishop or Khudobin. Oettinger makes no sense for either side to deal. Holtby is the only option but I’m not sure I’m sold on his rebound after how poor he’s been the last few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad