Goalie Logan Thompson (VGK) living the dream at 25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
AMBHL, AMMHL, AMHL, AJHL, WHL, U-Sports, ECHL, AHL ...
11 different teams and now in the NHL, undrafted.

Logan made his NHL debut last season, played about 10 minutes,
saved two shots, not allowing a goal.

Logan had his first career W, in his 3rd career game,
he has seen total of 64 shots in his short NHL career and allowed 4 goals,
sv% .940 and gaa is at 1.94. SMALL-SAMPLE-SIZE

February 20th against the Sharks in San Jose, where he got his first career win in the NHL
- after saving 35 of the 36 pucks

He has come a long way and sometimes....
someone's misfortunes opens up opportunities to others to shine.

Logan Thompson is at the top at the moment, hopefully he can remain there.

PS. 14 goalies got drafted before him in the 2012 WHL Bantam draft

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Congrats that's awesome.

You love even when highly touted players, or goalies make it, but when someone goes through that to make it, it's even more awesome

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
I’m sure he has a chip on his shoulder. Never under estimate the heart and drive of an athlete. Especially if it’s been earned and not given. Having the easy path isn’t always what’s best.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Nothing makes my day more than reading a story like this. I save shit like this for a rainy day lol. Are you having a bad moment? Feel a little off? Read something like this and see if you don't feel at least a little better afterwards.

Reactions: crassbonanza

CF Magic

Jan 30, 2022
Calgary
Congrats Logan, always great to see these kinds of stories! There's just something about never giving up and chasing your dream despite no guarantees that it pans out.

Not to take anything away from him, but Derek Ryan must have had one of the craziest journeys to the NHL: 4 years in the WHL, 4 years in the Canadian University circuit at UofA, 3 years in Austria, 1 year in Sweden and 2 years in the AHL before making it at the ripe old age of 28. Ahhh, how can you not be romantic about hockey?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It was always crazy to me because this guy had nights for the HSK where he just looked like prime Patrick Roy and i was like "where the hell was he drafted?"

Even on one of our biggest rivals still an easy guy to root for and I wish him much success.

Reactions: HanSolo

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Congrats Logan, always great to see these kinds of stories! There's just something about never giving up and chasing your dream despite no guarantees that it pans out.

Not to take anything away from him, but Derek Ryan must have had one of the craziest journeys to the NHL: 4 years in the WHL, 4 years in the Canadian University circuit at UofA, 3 years in Austria, 1 year in Sweden and 2 years in the AHL before making it at the ripe old age of 28. Ahhh, how can you not be romantic about hockey?

Indeed.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Logan would have had a shutout, except that the VGK being comfortably up three in the third period and with the game winding down decided that it was maybe a good time to maybe take a nap.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
It is so heart warming to watch this happen.
What a difference maker for the Vegas Golden Knights.

I hope he continues to improve and plays even better in the next season.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
A difference maker? They are about to miss the playoffs and would have made it if they kept Fleury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad