Goal scorers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
It's very hard to isolate a particular skill and rank it -- and of course there's a lot more that goes into volume of goals scored than just the player's ability -- but anyway, I'll try (this is just NHL based, btw, if that wasn't obvious):

1. Mario Lemieux
2. Alex Ovechkin
3. Bobby Hull
4. Maurice Richard
5. Wayne Gretzky
6. Gordie Howe
7. Brett Hull
8. Mike Bossy
9. Phil Esposito
10. Jaromir Jagr / Pavel Bure / Auston Matthews

I feel like Charlie Conacher's and Jari Kurri's periods as elite goal scorers were just a tad too short to make the top 10.

It's still early days on Matthews, but if he can get another 60-ish goal season this year, maybe he kicks aside Jagr and Bure and starts to climb up the list further...

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
It's very hard to isolate a particular skill and rank it -- and of course there's a lot more that goes into volume of goals scored than just the player's ability -- but anyway, I'll try (this is just NHL based, btw, if that wasn't obvious):

1. Mario Lemieux
2. Alex Ovechkin
3. Bobby Hull
4. Maurice Richard
5. Wayne Gretzky
6. Gordie Howe
7. Brett Hull
8. Mike Bossy
9. Phil Esposito
10. Jaromir Jagr / Pavel Bure / Auston Matthews

I feel like Charlie Conacher's and Jari Kurri's periods as elite goal scorers were just a tad too short to make the top 10.
A six year span as the top goal scorer in the league is a tad too short? I can't get behind that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad