GDT: [GM80] Canucks @ Oilers | Sat. Apr 13th, 7:00pm | HNIC/SNP | We Have the Best Conor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
With Arizona's GM flying into Edmonton to meet with the players and update them on the situation, I see two realistic outcomes for tonight's game.

1) Arizona defies all odds and has a great game, managing a win.

or

2) Arizona dies on the ice and the Oilers absolutely shitmix them.

2 feels a lot more likely at this stage.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
With Arizona's GM flying into Edmonton to meet with the players and update them on the situation, I see two realistic outcomes for tonight's game.

1) Arizona defies all odds and has a great game, managing a win.

or

2) Arizona dies on the ice and the Oilers absolutely shitmix them.

2 feels a lot more likely at this stage.

Third option! Edmonton pumps Arizona per that second scenario and rolls into Saturday fat, happy and overconfident. Leading to some deja vu of us breaking them again.

I like this outcome. Let's go for that one. :D

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Is Luongo getting the start? Otherwise we don’t have a chance with Silivs or DeSmith.

I'm guessing DeSmith gets the start.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he gives us a chance in this one - he knows his recent performances weren't great, he watched Silovs start a few in a row, I think he'll be motivated.

I think whether or not we win this game will depend on which version of the Canucks shows up. It it's the version that took it to Vegas the game before last, and came to life in the 3rd against Arizona, I think we can win it.

If it's the version of the first two periods vs. Arizona, or the shoot-yourself-in-the-foot Canucks we saw on the road in LA and Vegas, I think it'll go very badly indeed.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
My head canon tells me that Tocchet is mixing weird lines and making strange callups and sits to get players practice in for the playoffs.

Luo Demmer is going to have to play at least one of these games to see if he's ready; not unlike the Fuhr/Ranford situation where the Oilers worried Fuhr couldn't play (myself, I was worried he wouldn't for the opposite reason, and sadly, he didn't).

I'm guessing DeSmith gets the start.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he gives us a chance in this one - he knows his recent performances weren't great, he watched Silovs start a few in a row, I think he'll be motivated.

I think whether or not we win this game will depend on which version of the Canucks shows up. It it's the version that took it to Vegas the game before last, and came to life in the 3rd against Arizona, I think we can win it.

If it's the version of the first two periods vs. Arizona, or the shoot-yourself-in-the-foot Canucks we saw on the road in LA and Vegas, I think it'll go very badly indeed.
He had to sit for 2 games so he'll be motivated because he knows it's his backup job to lose.

Like Demko under Markstrom he needs to learn to settle down. More importantly, he can't wander too far out of net like he's been doing and he has to compensate for his big vulnerability - i.e. catch shots that are fired high.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
My head canon tells me that Tocchet is mixing weird lines and making strange callups and sits to get players practice in for the playoffs.

Luo Demmer is going to have to play at least one of these games to see if he's ready; not unlike the Fuhr/Ranford situation where the Oilers worried Fuhr couldn't play (myself, I saw was worried he wouldn't for the opposite reason, and sadly, he didn't).

He had to sit for 2 games so he'll be motivated because he knows it's his backup job to lose.

Like Demko under Markstrom he needs to learn to settle down. More importantly, he can't wander too far out of net like he's been doing and he has to compensate for his big vulnerability - i.e. catch shots that are fired high.

Agreed. DeSmith plays very aggressively, and it frequently takes him out of the play for 2nd/3rd chances, as well as cross-ice passes.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Theirs been a few shows about the all star game this year

The oilers players don’t like our players. This is a big rivalry as we’re exceeding expectations and they were under performing. The oilers feel like they are better. Our sucess embarrassed them. They’re coming to prove it tmro.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Not gonna lie, it's pretty funny us being all doom and gloom then I lurk over to HF Oilers and now they're saying they won't win the division even though that's easy if they beat us... lol

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Overall this year we performed worse than the oilers outside of games against them.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Feel like we all saw the Oilers grabbing most of the points against Arizona in our race projections…

but arizona’s final game as a franchise is on home ice against edmonton. that game is going to have a lot of emotion now.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Feel like we all saw the Oilers grabbing most of the points against Arizona in our race projections…

but arizona’s final game as a franchise is on home ice against edmonton. that game is going to have a lot of emotion now.

Are the Arizona Money Washers for sure gonna be moved? I was not following the situation.

• Haha
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Are the Arizona Money Washers for sure gonna be moved? I was not following the situation.
all signs point to it. most itk arizona media guy has been on it for longer than all the nhl insiders. he’s still saying it’s trending that way and so is everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad