GDT: [GM80] Canucks @ Oilers | Sat. Apr 13th, 7:00pm | HNIC/SNP | We Have the Best Conor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Basically a 'winner take all' game in terms of top-spot in the Pacific. And not bullish on the Canucks chances--since they've basically been a .500 team since the all-star break.

And even without McDavid, the Oilers will be super-motivated, having been beaten three times by the Canucks earlier in the season. Oilers will do what a lot of teams are doing to the Canucksthese days--subject the d-men to a hard forecheck and then begin the cycling.

Canucks PK is on the ropes right now.....so they have to stay out of the box or it could be a long night.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
again I’m confused why we’re trying to spread the lines again, especially now that Lindholm is back???

Reactions: dez

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Oilers are probably hyping themselves up for a revenge game for the first 2 games of the season.

On a back to back, they might over extend themselves to get an early goal, if Canucks can prevent a goal in the first 10 minutes it can be a smooth sailing road game IMO.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Tocchet has stated he prefers JTM, EP, and EL as centers instead of wingers. Lindholm has also said he feels more comfortable in the middle. Expect Lindholm will move up situationally, but it will be a top 9 to start games. Might as well accept it.

Feel it was a missed opportunity not getting Podz some reps with JTM. I'm fine with Aman for his spot in the roster, but that's never going to be in the top 6. Only a placeholder, I understand that. But seems like wasted reps having Aman in over Podz. Wonder what Podz did to get in the doghouse?

I'm resigned to 2nd in the division. Radio today seemed pretty certain it won't be Demko in net, so don't like our chances. Hoping the boys prove me wrong, spank the Oilers and send them into another tailspin. But really, just hoping for a 60 minute effort and not getting embarrassed.

That second line is gross -- poor Miller.

Get Podz in for Aman and stop blending the lines every game.

Aman will be Boeser. He's taking a maintenance day.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
stop tinkering the lines. they will get stomped by edmonton. let them have the division we dont want it

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Really want the team to secure the W, would have a high chance of avoiding the Kings if we do so. But it'll be a tough game, the Canucks basically got Woodcroft fired earlier in the season and I'm sure most of the Oilers gang want a measure of revenge.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Really want the team to secure the W, would have a high chance of avoiding the Kings if we do so. But it'll be a tough game, the Canucks basically got Woodcroft fired earlier in the season and I'm sure most of the Oilers gang want a measure of revenge.

They'll want revenge because they hate us, and we beat them last time. But I'm sure most of them are happy that we helped them kicking out their creepy ass ex-coach, who looks like he's on a first-name basis with Ed Gein and Buffalo Bill.

Unless Demko came back with a great performance, I don't see this going well for us. Tocchet has been making some baffling line up decisions. They may also want to take absolutely no risk and ensure that Demko will be 110% when playoffs roll around (despite Demko saying he's feeling fine), which means he'll likely still be shelved. Not that I'm against such practice, but the trade off would be that we'll likely surrender a few more losses before the season wraps up, and probably relinquishing division lead.

Either way, win or lose, as long as no one is hurt (for both teams), I'll be happy.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I thought this was fine. Zadorov/Myers calls were bad.

It went both ways. Canucks got away with a couple of obvious ones in the 3rd and also drew a penalty after an icing got waived off which I didn’t understand, looked like the Canucks clearly iced it to me.

Vegas game was actually one-sided, they got away with so much shit.
Agree.

Looked fine to me.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If they get good goaltending this game they'll be fine, some of y'all stressing way too much.
The unlikeliness of that "if" is why people are stressed out.
--
Also, how on earth are people complaining about Lindholm playing on the third line when he's getting the opportunity to play with our two best wingers (and outside of Miller, our strongest play-drivers-- which is exactly what he needs to be effective) in Garland and Joshua?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Hard to be particularly optimistic about a win here, Oilers on a 3-game win streak and Canucks have been underwhelming. Still have goaltending issues.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Pod should not be sitting.

Agreed. PDG has had some good moments, and it makes sense to rotate him in if someone isn't going at full tilt. But Podkolzin has been by and large stronger than PDG, and I didn't feel like PDG created any sort of impact in the last game.

-

Canucks need to be wary of a hot start from the Oilers. Teams playing on the second half of a back to back usually come out quick, but fade a bit as the game goes on (usually - not always). Would be nice not to start this game down 2-0 or 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad