GM Game #7 by 79AM, RR, and IR4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Personally, I think it is a dirty play on your part.

I dont know what was said between you two but in a deal with a impending UFA i think it would your professional duty to inform the GM you were working with they were trading for the rights to Jokinen

If you did not state in the trade the trade was so and so for the rights to jokinen, i feel that is sneaky and deceitful on your part.

Obviously the other GM should have done his research and been aware of this but this is questionable GMing on your part, IMO

I'm awesome like that :laugh:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
*** VERY IMPORTANT : FREE AGENCY ***

Free agency will officially starts at noon ET on Friday. Discussions with players agents will be allowed at 6PM ET tomorrow (Thursday) but of course, there will be no announcement before Friday at noon ET.

Agents will post the list of the players they represent shortly.

*** AGENTS : YOU CAN POST THE LIST OF THE PLAYERS YOU REPRESENT BETWEEN NOW AND 6PM ET TOMORROW. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. AS AN AGENT MYSELF, MY LIST WILL BE POSTED AT SOME POINT TOMORROW MORNING. ***

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Personally, I think it is a dirty play on your part.

I dont know what was said between you two but in a deal with a impending UFA i think it would your professional duty to inform the GM you were working with they were trading for the rights to Jokinen

If you did not state in the trade the trade was so and so for the rights to jokinen, i feel that is sneaky and deceitful on your part.

Obviously the other GM should have done his research and been aware of this but this is questionable GMing on your part, IMO

All I can say was I assumed (I guess wrongly) that he knew he was trading for an impending UFA. There was no deceit on my part, and I definitely wasn't trying to be a dirty player, especially since he messaged me with the offer. I shouldn't assume he (or anyone else) knows that for that matter.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
All I can say was I assumed (I guess wrongly) that he knew he was trading for an impending UFA. There was no deceit on my part, and I definitely wasn't trying to be a dirty player, especially since he messaged me with the offer. I shouldn't assume he (or anyone else) knows that for that matter.

We've all screwed up before and will again. I've found when you're on the receiving end of a favorable deal like this, better not to rub the other player's face in it. ;)

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Damn, I gotta sit back and read through FA Game #11 again. Takes forever, but if you have 3 hours with nothing to do, it's a good idea.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Chicago Blackhawks Draft recap

1st round - 25th overall
G Jack Campbell

camp-t_40885.jpg

Hawks got the prospect we coveted in this years draft. A longterm goalie we view as a franchise netminder. With Niemi and Enroth in nets in Chicago , Martin Jones in AHL and Anders Nilsson in Europe the future is bright in net.

1st round - 29th overall
RW Tyler Toffoli

ty-t_47163.jpg

We are pleased with being able to select Toffoli. With Kane and Hossa at RW with big club we can be patient with Toffoli's development. The kid has top 6 potential

1st round - 30th overall
RW Charlie Coyle

coylecharlie_sm_43214.jpg

Another RW prospect. Coyle is an amazing skater and we view him as a RW equivlent of current Hawks prospect Billy Sweatt. We are very pleased that Coyle was still available with our pick

2nd round - 36th overall
D Stephen Johns

john-t_40859.jpg

The Blackhawks feel we may have the biggest steal of this years draft. We have loved the development of Johns in US program and are happy with his plans to attend Notre Dame University. He will join fellow Blackhawk defensive prospect Joe Lavin on there blue line.

2nd round - 59th overall
LW Brendan Woods

woods%20150.jpg

The Blackhawks love the size and potential of Woods at LW. Over recent years we have begun to address the LW weakness (Historical weakness) of our organization with pick Kyle Beach and Billy Sweatt. We are very pleased to add Woods to our system. We have had plenty of chances to see him here in Chicago with his USHL team

Current prospects in system
LW Kyle Beach
LW Billy Sweatt
C Marcus Kruger
C Brandon Pirri
C David Pacan
C Byron Froese
RW Akim Aliu
D Dylan Olsen
D Nick Leddy
D Shawn Lalonde
D Simon Denis-Pepin
D Joe Lavin
D Blake Kessel (Acq NYI)
G Martin Jones (Acq LA)
G Anders Nillson (Acq NYI)

Current lineup

Troy Brouwer - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Brett Maclean (R) - Dave Bolland - Marion Hossa
Andrew Ladd - Victor Tikhonov - Jack Skille (R)
Byran Bickell (R) - Jake Dowell (R) - Tomas Kopecky

Duncan Keith - Matt Greene
Brian Campbell - Niklas Hjalmarsson
? - Brian Connelly (R)

Antti Niemi
Jhonas Enroth (R)

We will be fielding a young team after the cap situation forced us to move several players. After winning the Stanley Cup we feel we will be capable again and that the youth entering the lineup will help offset the loses. We also have alot of cap room for short term impact players and for longterm extensions next offseason for players such as Troy Brouwer.

We are planning to be fairly active come Free Agency

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Martin Havlat - Mikko Koivu "C" - Guillaume Latrendresse
Tomas Fleischmann - Andrew Ebbett - Andrew Brunette "A"
Cal Clutterbuck - Kyle Brodziak - Anti Miettinen
Robbie Earl - James Sheppard - Derek Boogaard
Owen Nolan

Marek Zidlicky "A" - Cam Barker
Nick Schultz - Shane Hnidy
Greg Zanon - Brent Sopel

Niklas Backstrom
Josh Harding

The Minnesota Wild are going for a rebuild, we are planning to build our team into a highly offensive skilled team with 2 Way Defenceman. It will take a lot of training and signing but I believe that we can do it. So offer on anyone.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Martin Havlat - Mikko Koivu "C" - Guillaume Latrendresse
Tomas Fleischmann - Andrew Ebbett - Andrew Brunette "A"
Cal Clutterbuck - Kyle Brodziak - Anti Miettinen
Robbie Earl - James Sheppard - Derek Boogaard
Owen Nolan

Marek Zidlicky "A" - Cam Barker
Nick Schultz - Shane Hnidy
Greg Zanon - Brent Sopel

Niklas Backstrom
Josh Harding

The Minnesota Wild are going for a rebuild, we are planning to build our team into a highly offensive skilled team with 2 Way Defenceman. It will take a lot of training and signing but I believe that we can do it. So offer on anyone.

I have Greg Zanon man, you have Michal Roszival.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
When can we find out if guys are retiring?

I have contract offers on Selanne and Niedermayer but was told the UFA agents would decide what they intend to do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad