GM Game #7 by 79AM, RR, and IR4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:flames

Land goaltender Cory Schneider from Division Rival Canucks

The trade sees

:flames
Cory Schneider
:nucks
Tim Erixon
Phi 2nd 2010

We feel we had to pay a tad too much for a goalie whose yet to make it big in this league, but another superb season in the AHL and an amazing butterfly stance has us believing in this kid as a legitimate NHL starter. Losing Erixon hurts, but we acquired Orlov in the Semin trade and he'll fill his gap in the future.

Confirmed. We needed a top defensive prospect, and we got one. Schneider was stuck behind Luongo in Vancouver, and now he'll get a chance to shine.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sens

Jared Cowen is being shopped around. If you're interested, we'd like a potential top six forward prospect coming back.

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
:isles
New York Islanders Shake Up The Defense

article_22028_2.jpg

The New York Islanders have removed the best piece out of the league's worst defensive core, in what many consider to be a setback in their planned rebuild. Mark Streit, the Islanders #1 defenseman and powerplay QB, has been shipped off to the Boston Bruins in exchange for their 1st round pick (15th overall) and 26 year old defenseman Johnny Boychuk.

The New York Islanders were hard-pressed to follow through with this deal, but the management felt the acquisition of another 1st round draft pick would allow the franchise to acquire a certain player they've had their eye on

The Islanders now have the 6th and 15th overall picks, as well as the 58th overall pick. Both 1st round picks are available, but a top pairing defenseman or forward must be included in the deal. One or both of these picks can be moved asap

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
My guess is Edmonton... considering that they already have him on their roster in the roster thread! ;)

Awww, way to ruin the speculation.

I'll announce it then.

PATRICK O'SULLIVAN A MEMBER OF THE AVALANCHE
posullivan7845.jpg

The Colorado Avalanche have announced the acquistion of Patrick O' Sullivan from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for young forward T.J Galiardi.
Player | Description
8470649.jpg
| Patrick brings to the team a young scoring winger, who has plenty of speed and soft hands. This acquistion is one that wasn't expected to go down, but the Avalanche were interested in O'Sullivan, and just threw out a trade. GM Joe Sakic wasn't expecting such a quick reponse. O'Sullivan will play on the second line along side Paul Stastny and power forward Chris Stewart.

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Could've gotten much more for Streit if you ask me.

I'm curious to see how the Bruins will manage their cap situation since they are already over the cap (by a couple M$ if I'm not mistaken) and they still have to complete their roster.

They have added Vanek and Streit and the only significant salary they sent the other way is Ryder.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Rangers are shopping Michal Rosival, asking for nearly nothing in return, PM me if interested in a very solid and strong 2nd pair defenseman.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Rangers are shopping Michal Rosival, asking for nearly nothing in return, PM me if interested in a very solid and strong 2nd pair defenseman.

You're talking about Roszival but who's the other player you're talking about? You know, the very solid and strong 2nd pair defenseman... :sarcasm:

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
You're talking about Roszival but who's the other player you're talking about? You know, the very solid and strong 2nd pair defenseman... :sarcasm:

Ouch that hurts, there goes what huge amount of trade value he already had.

Also, none of the commisioners are getting back to me, do I still have to hold off on posting my trade because I need it to go through so the pick will count.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
minnesota-wild-playoff-tickets.png

Wild Resign Harding and Latendresse

The Minnesota Wild have resigned RFA Josh Harding to a 3 Year Contract paying him 2 Million per year and Guillaume Latendresse to a 1 year 1.5 Million Dollar Contract.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Also, none of the commisioners are getting back to me, do I still have to hold off on posting my trade because I need it to go through so the pick will count.

Post it man no player has a NTC in the trade.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

You don't have to waive for approval unless a NTC/NMC is involved.

Once the trade is send it to both commishs, you can make the announcement.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Alright sorry about all that.

The Rangers and Washington Capitals have agreed on a deal that would send Dan Girardi to Washington for a 3rd Round Pick in this year's draft.

Dan was a good solid defender for the Rangers throughout his tenure in NY. However, with impending free agency looming we felt that we wouldn't be able to afford his contract demands, so in the interest of getting value back we shipped him off.

Rangers still looking for takers on Michal Rosival.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Alright sorry about all that.

The Rangers and Washington Capitals have agreed on a deal that would send Dan Girardi to Washington for a 3rd Round Pick in this year's draft.

Dan was a good solid defender for the Rangers throughout his tenure in NY. However, with impending free agency looming we felt that we wouldn't be able to afford his contract demands, so in the interest of getting value back we shipped him off.

Rangers still looking for takers on Michal Rosival.

Should have contacted the Blackhawks

I would have given you a 2nd rounder for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad