GM Game #7 by 79AM, RR, and IR4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
*** DRAFT ***

Don't forget to check in the draft thread to make sure that there is no mistake in the list. If for some reason there is a mistake, you will have to live with it if you didn't take the time to check and PM me.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:nucks

Team's looking for a good goalie, Cory Schneider is available. Looking for a top forward or defense prospect.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
How do we go about hiring/firing coaches?

You announce in the thread that you fire your head coach. Then, you tell the new head coach that you would like to bring over. If there is no other team interested in the following 24 hours, the guy is yours. If there is another team interested, we will need a coach agent (I can do it if needed). Of course, if it's a coach already coming from your organization, the 24 hours rule doesn't apply and you can make the announcement right away.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Eklund via twitter - I am hearing that the Flyers have acquired Rick Nash from the Blue Jackets for Jeff Carter and other assets (e4)

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
You announce in the thread that you fire your head coach. Then, you tell the new head coach that you would like to bring over. If there is no other team interested in the following 24 hours, the guy is yours. If there is another team interested, we will need a coach agent (I can do it if needed). Of course, if it's a coach already coming from your organization, the 24 hours rule doesn't apply and you can make the announcement right away.

Ok thanks.

The Columbus Bluejackets would like to hire Bob Woods as their new head coach. Bob Woods is currently an assistant with the Washington Capitals, and he lead the Hershey Bears to a Calder cup championship last year.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Ok thanks.

The Columbus Bluejackets would like to hire Bob Woods as their new head coach. Bob Woods is currently an assistant with the Washington Capitals, and he lead the Hershey Bears to a Calder cup championship last year.

Is he still under contract with the Capitals for next season? If so, you need to ask Washington if you can discuss with him.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
*** WE NEED UFA AGENTS ***

As you know, the draft results will be posted tomorrow. If we want to get the game going, we will need UFA agents as soon as possible.

3 agents for the forwards (Classic Devil, need 2 more)
2 agents for the defensemen (habsman56 and RR COMPLETE)
1 agent for the goalies (BiLLY_ShOE1721 COMPLETE)

Please show your interest in the thread.

Last edited:

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
I could be an agent, any agent position is fine, I don't have the cap space, or need to sign anybody.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I honestly had no idea. The Caps usually aren't very open(public) with stuff like that...I wouldn't see any reason why he'd turn down a head coaching job in the NHL.

Well, the thing is that if he is still under contract, it could be a problem.

Let's wait until IR4 and RR give their opinion.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:flames

Fire both head coach and GM Sutters.

Would like to extend an offer to Scott Arniel of the Manitoba Moose and Steve Yzerman to fill their respective positions.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:flames

Fire both head coach and GM Sutters.

Would like to extend an offer to Scott Arniel of the Manitoba Moose and Steve Yzerman to fill their respective positions.

You can't hire a new GM because you are actually the Flames GM. Of course, unless you want to fire yourself! ;)

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
*** WE NEED UFA AGENTS ***

As you know, the draft results will be posted tomorrow. If we want to get the game going, we will need UFA agents as soon as possible.

3 agents for the forwards
2 agents for the defensemen (habsman56, need 1 more)
1 agent for the goalies (BiLLY_ShOE1721 COMPLETE)

Please show your interest in the thread.

I'll be 2nd D-man.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
If a coach is under contract with another team, no, you may not hire them.

There is also no hiring/firing of GMs. They've already been fired - you're now the GM!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs HENRY BACK WITH THE BULLDOGS AND MORE

The Montreal Canadiens have re-signed defenseman Alex Henry to a two-way contract. The deal will pay him $500,000 in the NHL and $200,000 in the AHL.

In other news, we are still looking for a backup goalie and a depth defenseman but we could very well address those needs in free agency. Other than that, our team is pretty much set but we are still listening to offers.

My roster is updated in the roster thread.

PM!

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Philadelphia Acquires Rick Nash
rick-nash.jpg

To :flyers: Rick Nash
To :cbj: Jeff Carter and Braydon Coburn

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have acquired Rick Nash, the face of the Columbus Blue Jackets organization. Philadelphia sent forward Jeff Carter and D-Man Braydon Coburn to Columbus. With this move Philadelphia traded away one of their best young goal scorers and a young defenseman but they also receive a legitimate superstar. It may seem like a perculiar move for the team from Philadelphia as Jeff Carter was one of the locker room favorites but Philly's GM had this to say about Carter's departure:

"Jeff was a great player for us and the players loved him but that isn't my job. Their has been something going around the locker room the last couple years that makes the players come out flat and sometimes play like they don't care and that is unexceptable. We are not saying that Jeff was one of these players by any stretch but we want to show the players that no one is safe. We want to win. It's as simple as that."

"Rick Nash is one of the best players in the world. Nash played with Mike back in February with Team Canada and they seemed to develop some chemistry. We hope that that can translate to the NHL game."

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Philadelphia Acquires Rick Nash
rick-nash.jpg

To :flyers: Rick Nash
To :cbj: Jeff Carter and Braydon Coburn

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have acquired Rick Nash, the face of the Columbus Blue Jackets organization. Philadelphia sent forward Jeff Carter and D-Man Braydon Coburn to Columbus. With this move Philadelphia traded away one of their best young goal scorers and a young defenseman but they also receive a legitimate superstar. It may seem like a perculiar move for the team from Philadelphia as Jeff Carter was one of the locker room favorites but Philly's GM had this to say about Carter's departure:

"Jeff was a great player for us and the players loved him but that isn't my job. Their has been something going around the locker room the last couple years that makes the players come out flat and sometimes play like they don't care and that is unexceptable. We are not saying that Jeff was one of these players by any stretch but we want to show the players that no one is safe. We want to win. It's as simple as that."

"Rick Nash is one of the best players in the world. Nash played with Mike back in February with Team Canada and they seemed to develop some chemistry. We hope that that can translate to the NHL game."

Looks like Eklund was right! ;)

Great deal for the Flyers. I thought that the Jackets would get more than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad