Post-Game Talk: GM 45: Canucks def. Wings 2-1 (SO) - Clinch Playoff Berth

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I like what Elliote said, by grinding out so many games this year, that could be very helpful come playoff time. Just trying to be somewhat optimistic.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
kesler played well but he looks like he's back to generating jack **** offensively 5 on 5

maybe it's just cuz he was playin with negative corsi magnet kassian

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
Compltely disagree with the panel about Roy not bringing something extra to our offense.

PJ Stock and Glen Healy are both clueless in general. Healy in particular always makes these generalized anti-Canuck arguments, most often with little actual evidence to suggest he really watches the team.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
I like what Elliote said, by grinding out so many games this year, that could be very helpful come playoff time. Just trying to be somewhat optimistic.

naw, looks like the same lazy ass team as late last year, but better on paper so there's at least some potential there

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
Not sure if serious. Hawks have too much offensive power and speed for the game to be boring. I'm hoping Kassian introduces himself to Duncan Keith. :nod:
Have you seen the last two games Canucks played against Chicago? They were absolute snoozefests and I don't see these two teams playing for a lot.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Compltely disagree with the panel about Roy not bringing something extra to our offense.

PJ Stock and Glen Healy are both clueless in general. Healy in particular always makes these generalized anti-Canuck arguments, most often with little actual evidence to suggest he really watches the team.
Exactly what my post was referring too.

I swear these morons watch nothing.

Roy has been great, so crafty, you can see his offensive "pizzazz" all the time.

just22

Aug 2, 2009

Cause it helped us so much last year :sarcasm:

Hopefully we can get Higgins and at least one of Bieksa or Tanev back before the playoffs and you'll see a much different team

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006

how is getting badly outplayed and gettting bailed out by goaltending "grinding out" the win?

Kesler needs to provide offense.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
This game exemplifies everything I hate about AV and his coaching style.

14 shots on home ice!?

Out-shot 17-2 in the 3rd period of a tie game?

It's nice to get the two points, but this type of hockey is excruciatingly boring to watch and doesn't give the team a very good chance to win tight games.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
This game exemplifies everything I hate about AV and his coaching style.

14 shots on home ice!?

Out-shot 17-2 in the 3rd period of a tie game?

It's nice to get the two points, but this type of hockey is excruciatingly boring to watch and doesn't give the team a very good chance to win tight games.
Yup.

If you are going to be a boring team at least actually shut down the opposition.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not saying I'd throw a party for it, but if the Canucks missed the playoffs for nearly a decade and finally made it back, I'd rejoice a bit.

I'd definately be happy at home etc. but I wouldn't go out and party for a playoff berth.

Then again, it's better than the Oiler draft parties :laugh:

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Exactly what my post was referring too.

I swear these morons watch nothing.

Roy has been great, so crafty, you can see his offensive "pizzazz" all the time.

Roy has been good offensively, but has a pretty lazy back-check (or else he's just plain slow) most of the time. Only concerning thing for me with his play at this time. When he's back in the defensive zone he's been fine. Just the transition game.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Friedman is imo the best hockey analyst in the business along with lebrun.

It scares me how bad cbc would be without him.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
So impressed by Ken Holland and his modest approach, he's pretty much the anti-Gillis.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
The wolves are out, call up Schroder and Corrado and send Ebbett and Barker to the KHL or Swiss A league

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Boy if Kb wants more R and R time for whatever is sore again with him, and we dont have ballard monday.

Joslin-barker vs hawks......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad