GDT: [GM 19] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | Nov 21 | 7:30PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Oh, Stillman.

Imagine if Hoglander or Rathbone served up the turnover he did last game?

By even then. Nothing against the guy. But Burroughs has just been so, so, so much better.
If Kuzmenko, Podkolzin, Hoglander, or Rathbone gave up that pass they wouldn't see the ice again during the game

Stillman was literally out for the last minute of the 2nd period against the Kings in the exact same scenario. Insane

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Just like LA, the Canucks have to be able to beat teams in their own division, and that goes for Vegas, and the two Alberta teams.

That was a fantastic sign that Demko looked to be rounding into shape..If that is indeed the case, the Canucks could start clawing themselves back to .500

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Oh, Stillman.

Imagine if Hoglander or Rathbone served up the turnover he did last game?

By even then. Nothing against the guy. But Burroughs has just been so, so, so much better.

We have analytics folks in the organization and these guys should be suggesting personnel choices, and management and coaching should be working in unison to determine the best possible lineup that can be iced. I know statistics don't always present an accurate story from game to game but we have seen a large enough sample sized to suggest Burroughs is indeed better than Stillman in the lineup.

My biggest issue is Rathbones development right now. It serves zero purpose, right now and long-term to keep him in the pressbox. Get him down to the AHL asap. With Dermott back, this likely happens in due time but f***, this is a young player that's seen 6 games in the span of 6 weeks. Just totally stupid.

Brings me to my next point. You are carrying 8 defensemen which is ok, but guys like Myers/OEL should be drawing out once in a while. Load management is a thing and these guys have looked totally done at times. It would be sensible to do a rotation with Burroughs drawing in.

Nothing will change until we see an alignment of philosophy between ownership, management and coaching. It's still a f***ing mess.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'd be more concerned that the Canucks key core players show up tomorrow..That is vitally more important than making a big stink, and obsessing over one of the 3rd pairing D men.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I'd be more concerned that the Canucks key core players show up tomorrow..That is vitally more important than making a big stink, and obsessing over one of the 3rd pairing D men.
say they show up. what does that mean to you? if they don’t?

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
If Kuzmenko, Podkolzin, Hoglander, or Rathbone gave up that pass they wouldn't see the ice again during the game

Stillman was literally out for the last minute of the 2nd period against the Kings in the exact same scenario. Insane
I believe Boudreau is playing Stillman because he's trying to make a point to management. Give me crap players to play with and I'll play them. He's probably beyond frustrated that they haven't made any significant moves.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

I don’t think so. Considering Stillman is good for 1-2 egregious giveaways and we’ve this team isn’t good fighting back from holes those types of things can be literal game changing. Margin of error is razor thin against good teams especially when the Canucks themselves aren’t one

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Although nobody's confirmed it, but seems obvious that Dermott and Poolman are another couple of players with serious concussion issues. A various times this year they've joined the long-forgotten Michael Ferland on LTIR.

I realize that concussions are notoriously hard to diagnose, but three guys either traded for or signed as UFA's? I mean somebody isn't doing their due-diligence, surely.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Although nobody's confirmed it, but seems obvious that Dermott and Poolman are another couple of players with serious concussion issues. A various times this year they've joined the long-forgotten Michael Ferland on LTIR.

I realize that concussions are notoriously hard to diagnose, but three guys either traded for or signed as UFA's? I mean somebody isn't doing their due-diligence, surely.
Ferland was an injury waiting to happen but I don’t recall hearing about Poolman or Dermott being injury prone or having suffered concussions prior to being brought in here.

The other issue is how they perform if/when either of them return. Look at how Beartschi is doing in the Swiss league as a 30 year old. Concussions can really f*** you up

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t think so. Considering Stillman is good for 1-2 egregious giveaways and we’ve this team isn’t good fighting back from holes those types of things can be literal game changing. Margin of error is razor thin against good teams especially when the Canucks themselves aren’t one
per game....Miller and Myers are also good for some egregious giveaways as well..

For the record,I said right off the bat when BB scratched Burroughs that Stillman was more the liability.

I will stand by my point that this game won’t be won or lost by Stillman..It will be decided by the core group and the goalie.

There is an obsession here on HF Canucks blaming bottom of the roster players for losses ..when the ire should be directed at the big ticket players who are paid to make the difference.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Ferland was an injury waiting to happen but I don’t recall hearing about Poolman or Dermott being injury prone or having suffered concussions prior to being brought in here.

The other issue is how they perform if/when either of them return. Look at how Beartschi is doing in the Swiss league as a 30 year old. Concussions can really f*** you up
You'd think not being able to get his contract insured would've been enough to scare Jethro Bodine away (especially with a player that *HAS TO PLAY PHYSICAL* to be of any use). But nope. Another Jimbo special.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

Benning signed lots of guys with repeated "upper body" injuries over paid and gave them term and a clause. Doctors would not even sign off on Ferland so no insurance, Benning knew this before he signed him. Benning seemed like a guy with long term concussion issues himself.

Dermott has played 17 games, Poolman 43 in two years

The game will be interesting, I wonder how many of those players still remember being "Demko'd"?
Demko will have to be bubble Demko I am sure, Vegas is putting up bushel baskets of shots.

Vegas wins

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

How do you do due diligence on a player that’s never had a concussion.?

Would you blame them for not doing due diligence if the player succumbed to a broken leg after the transaction?

You’re reaching here.

Last edited:

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
D3-0BRVWkAAvAvu

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Interestingly, Canucks are .500 hockey club in November: 4-4-1. Of course the big problem is they went 2-5-2 in October. These next three games are incredibly important for the rest of the season. Win at least one and they have a chance to at least somewhat salvage the month. Still doesn't help their chances at realistically competing for a playoff spot. Canucks have to go around 8-5-1 in November to start making up ground and they are perilously close to falling even further behind. As it stands now they've kind of just tread water.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

ferland is a blithering f***ing idiot

imagine being that stupid as to start punching someone’s fist with your head your first game back after crippling brain issues

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
ferland is a blithering f***ing idiot

imagine being that stupid as to start punching someone’s fist with your head your first game back after crippling brain issues
He knew his body/head was done and had made only 5ish million for his troubles. With one signature he got 14m more and only played 16 more games. Thats some 4d chess there

Reactions: Chairman Maouth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad