Confirmed with Link: Giroux, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, 2024 5th traded to Florida for 2024 1st, 2023 3rd, Owen Tippett

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Congrats to Bunny on getting the f*** out of this trash organization.

bNQVw7a.gif

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Bunnaman and Rubtsov were dumped to open up two contract slots this year. No loss.
It's about as good as you could get once it was known G preferred Florida, Chuck wasn't going to screw G for a better deal.
If Chuck could have shopped G, he might have gotten the kind of deal people think should have been the price, but that wasn't possible.

Tippett has value, Flyers might play him for a year, see how Foerster progresses, then flip Tippett.

Wheeler 2021:

3. Owen Tippett, RW/LW, 21 (Florida Panthers)

Tippett’s going to drive people crazy and either never put it together or eventually figure it all out and be a really, really good NHL goal-scorer. There’s a great deal of power to his shot, his skating, and his overall strength on the puck, which are complemented by quick hands. He’s got the natural gifts needed to score and create chances inside the offensive zone. But a reliance on a playmaker to get him the puck and wavering consistency have thus far held him back from realizing his potential as a middle-six scorer and power play threat.
Ahhh there it is

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You don’t think he has sources on the Avs , or other teams ? He could refute that very quickly

Just don’t see Frank making that claim
Multiple sources from multiple teams were all saying they were in trade talks with the Flyers for Giroux. Remember the Avs offers, turning down the Bruins and Rags, and the other teams involved?

This one person is the ONLY source saying that wasn't true. How convenient that everyone else is lying, except the source inside the team that needs the propaganda to be spread that it's not their fault.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
never been so disappointed in this team before in my life. We totally gave up everything these last two years and are heading down a direction of.....what exactly? We have been mediocre for over a decade and have no identity or vision of what we are trying to accomplish. I get we couldn't get much in this deal but the fact that we are even in this spot f***ing sucks.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Color me skeptical that G would only waive for the Florida Panthers. Yeah I'm sure that was his preferred destination in the end, but from the jump? C'mon.
Yea I wonder why just Florida? I mean you dont have to uproot your family if the plan is to come back, so I guess G isnt coming back. I hope he states in an interview that he thinks that the whole Flyers' brass is dog shit

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Thoughts?

"Seems Chuck doesn't want Tippett.
Maybe people should refrain from hot takes until there's more information available?
When the dust clears, there will be plenty of time for criticism."

It takes two to tango, if Zito knows G turned down Colorado, he holds all the cards.

Tippett has value, maybe not so much for the Flyers and their surplus of RWs, but he's still a real asset, he may have struggled in the NHL this year, but looked solid as a rookie and in the playoffs. He's not Bunnaman. He'd be considered at least as valuable as Frost, probably more.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
This is as bad a value as someone could possibly get. Even with the circumstances surrounding him, bare minimum you should be able to get a 1st this year and not have to give up any picks or prospects of your own. As a base.

He not only gave up a depth pick and two prospects of his own, the 1st is in 2024. Literally as far out as it possibly could be. With Giroux at 50% retained.

I think a 2023 1st+decent prospect (like, one with good upside as at least a middle six or 2nd pairing D) would've been the minimum return I could hand wave at and say, "well, circumstances might not have allowed for any more than that".

This sucks. They paid more for Risto and they probably had the best piece any contending team could acquire.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yea I wonder why just Florida? I mean you dont have to uproot your family if the plan is to come back, so I guess G isnt coming back. I hope he states in an interview that he thinks that the whole Flyers' brass is dog shit

Probably easier to get back and forth to Philly, if his wife and son stay in Philly, then he's a rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad