Confirmed with Link: Giroux, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, 2024 5th traded to Florida for 2024 1st, 2023 3rd, Owen Tippett

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Desperate managers always look to shift blame. He got the message that the return was considered underwhelming to a majority if the fanbase and looked for the easiest person to blame -- literally the only person in the world who could've had an impact on the return itself - Giroux.

It's a cowardly swipe at a franchise legend. And more to your point, one more sign of a completely dysfunctional management team that isn't focused on leading and winning, but in looking good. For anyone in the management world, this is a clear-cut sign of someone managing to a metrics instead of managing people themselves. It's utterly pathetic.

It's also a cowardly swipe he knows he can get away with. Which says something in itself.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I find it amusing that Tippet is useless and Frost is gold with many here. Tippet has been better at the NHL level but he’s worthless. Frost has done nothing at the NHL level but he’s the future…lol.
Frost was drafted by us and is in the organization. He can be a 3rd line Center and a valuable piece. If tippett is a 3rd.line rw je is worth not enough cause we already have had enough of that ilk. And we payed a franchise Icon for him!!!!! What is so difficult.to grasp about these things???? No one is saying Frost is anything spezial. But tippett isnt also and has defensive Problems. Why would we praise tippett forr things we blame voracek, konecny or Frost for years now! Its a double moral within this franchise. If a player was here before Fletcher he is critizised for everything and always! If the player is acquire by chucky he cant do no wrong. Were playing the worst defenseman in the league every game and.on eben powerplay. Cause Fletcher has signed him. We playing the worst 4th line cause Fletcher signed them.... nur Frost needs to work on everything.

And Frost will.habe no leverage in trade.zqlks. tippett will.get a nice raise cause of the circumstances he was trade in!

Why we need tippet with all the players on the Roster and in the minors. He Brings nothing we dont have. We need Centers we need dman. Tippett will stay and we will trade konecny! I hope you will be satisfied.

The konecny trade will somehow play out as Justin Williams or Patrick Sharp and the slurpers will say he would never be that good for us!

Same when we trade Provorov and for sure if we trade Sanheim!

Same topics all over again! We will be bad for years and most of us knows it!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's funny to me that a lot of people who (Seemingly) think Fletcher's message of "well, my hands were tied for reasons....*coughGIROUXcough*" are downplaying the 'messaging' of it, but are more than ready to talk about how important 'the room' is. You can't tell me messaging from a GM isn't important and in the same breath go back and say that we need voices in 'the room'. Everyone in that room wants to win, its the messaging of how people say/do it, verbally or non, that's supposed to be this magical gift of leadership. You don't get to have it both ways here.

This also ignores that the messaging a GM uses about his players has an impact on the type and quality of player he can attract, and what it 'costs' to get that player attracted here to even have those conversations.

Also, this is your AM reminder that Cuck Fletcher is a dog-shit GM who reeks of cowardice and despair.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Daddy’s boy never learned about accountability. Who handed out bloated contracts to non-star players and botched RFA extensions? Who hinged his hopes on recovering from these inefficiencies by trading a player who could exercise a NMC?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Daddy’s boy never learned about accountability. Who handed out bloated contracts to non-star players and botched RFA extensions? Who hinged his hopes on recovering from these inefficiencies by trading a player who could exercise a NMC?

Probably Hextall. The same Hextall who somehow botched the cap after he was fired.

Stop the Madness

Nov 27, 2017
So I saw this fans assessment of Girouz today and wanted what you all thought. I just wanted to say that he is NOT a fan of Giroux.

This is a special report only, not a return to FB sports. I just need to express my disdain for the worst captain in Flyers history one more time. I have been correctly pointing out for quite some time that Claude Giroux is a very good player who also happens to be a total loser. He proved me right once again in his Flyers farewell.
After intense investigation into how this trade finally went down, I’d like to offer my accurate conclusions. Giroux or’G’ wanted assurances from Flyers GM Chuck Fletcher that he would re-sign with Philadelphia in the off season as a free agent. Fletcher, to his credit, could not guarantee that would happen. He also couldn’t lie to a franchise icon and totally destroy his credibility going forward so he told him the truth. Chances are G would not be back. Ever.
So, the Fraudulent One decides he will only accept a trade to Florida. Now, Colorado, Boston and the NY Rangers we’re all interested and offered better deals than the Panthers but Giroux has a no trade clause and denied all three teams. Flyers Assistant GM Danny Briere steps in and tries to talk with Giroux into accepting a trade to another team that would ultimately improve the Flyers organization. The same organization that has paid G over $80 million dollars in his career. Giroux said no and Florida knew it.
So now Flyers GM Fletcher is totally screwed. He could keep Giroux and watch him leave at the end of the season for nothing. (another non playoff season under Giroux’s leadership, only once in ten years did the Flyers advance to the second round for crying out loud) Or he could see what the Panthers GM was willing to offer. Fletcher did his best. Hard to believe Harry that he even got what he did.
So, Giroux screwed the Flyers organization and their fans as he was walking out the door. I love the Flyers, always will. I do not like Claude Giroux. Never will. Good riddance.
I’m Chip Caldwell and this has been a special report.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Tippet looked toolsy today. Could very much be a solid b prospect but I've been saying from the beginning the first is a secondary asset in a giroux deal and I think he's not in that category. I hope I'm proven wrong and I'm trying to stay open to that possibility.
I know it's really asking Jackie o how the rest of the trip to Texas went but I'm upset that our own former first round pick in rubstov and a still promising depth guy in bunny were thrown in the deal.
We didn't have center depth to begin with and moving bodies out the door has us in a truly abysmal situation. While I'm confident moves that have to be made to bring guys in will be made I have no faith they'll be any good.

Bunnaman is not promising. In the last three seasons he scored 20 points in 74 AHL games, and 3 points in 54 NHL games.

Rubtsov did even worse. It makes no difference that he was first round pick six years ago.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So I saw this fans assessment of Girouz today and wanted what you all thought. I just wanted to say that he is NOT a fan of Giroux.

My reply

tumblr_lr6b49xW1J1qafrh6.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wonder if the fact the Panthers don't have to play the Flyers again is part of the reason Giroux only wanted to go there. And he gets almost a full week off before his first game for Florida.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It anyones takeaway from the last 14 years is that anything that happened with this team is even 1% Girouxs fault, that persons opinions are forever invalidated.

Of everyone who has had any impact on the Flyers team since he first came into the league - whether that be player, coach, management, ownership, or any other staff - he literally deserves the least blame of anyone.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I wonder if the fact the Panthers don't have to play the Flyers again is part of the reason Giroux only wanted to go there. And he gets almost a full week off before his first game for Florida.

I doubt it played a big factor but i'm sure he considers it an added bonus

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

exactly here you see the first shot vs Giroux! And he isnt even 1 day away from our franchise!

Taryn another mouthpiece for the org!

"Question about G leading a WINNER"!!!!

f*** THE WHOLE ORG WITH ALL PEOPLE WORKING FOR THEM!!!!

Reactions: Tripod

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Well, Hextall did sign the Voracek and JVR contracts that tied up $15M in two aging, one dimensional forwards the last couple years.
And gave G the NMC.
There’s a lot more upside in that $15MM than the $15MM+ to Hayes, Laughton and Ristolainen. There’s also the ~$5MM in overpayment to RFAs awarded after seemingly unsustainable breakouts from Provorov, Farabee, and Hart. Fletcher also added term with the Voracek/Atkinson swap.

Again, not saying Hextall is better, but this is absolutely Fletcher’s mess now

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
So after reading Twitter for a couple days, I've discovered this is the majority of Philly sports fans, well I guess I've known all along.

Ben Simmons.....doesn't want to be here.
Fans....F@ck you we don't need you here or want you.

Claude Giroux.....best Flyers player in a long time, seems like he wants to be here/didn't want to leave here.
Fans.....F@ck you we don't need you here or want you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad