Confirmed with Link: Giroux, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, 2024 5th traded to Florida for 2024 1st, 2023 3rd, Owen Tippett

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So is the issue that Fletcher targeted him as you originally said? Or is the issue that he won't do well here because of our development process?

Yes, the issue is that he targeted the lesser prospect from the start because he has to chase size over skill.

The issue is also that he's going to be made worse too.

The whole thing is an issue.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
It’s a bad return and I hate chuckles too, but im not real sure what you wanted him to do. A rental who only wanted to go to one team. You have to do right by G and give him a chance at a cup. We didn’t really have a choice but to take whatever Florida was offering.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Give me a break. If Meltzer tweeting excuses makes him a lapdog in your eyes, what would Chuck Fletcher be if he made the same excuse publicly?
At the very least, it would be honest. Instead, they chose to float it out there to beats more than willing to do a favor to stay in the good graces of the mothership.

It still doesn't excuse the piss poor base level performance of the trade. If you can't sell Giroux as an absolute HR to a playoff roster, then you have no business serving as one of only thirty people in the world to hold a job at that level.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Yes, the issue is that he targeted the lesser prospect from the start because he has to chase size over skill.

The issue is also that he's going to be made worse too.

The whole thing is an issue.

Was Tippett targeted? Or was he scouted because he was the best that Florida was offering?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I’m no expert on him, but his AHL numbers are very good. 60 points in 63 games. If I can be hopeful for Allison to be a top 6 NHL winger I can also hope for Tippy to be one.
That's the hope.

The flipside is that the scoring has not translated to the NHL when used beside Barkov on one lime, or Hubberdeau on the other.

If he can't produce in their offense with those players, will he really do it with Hayes, Couts, Laughton or Frost?

Reactions: flyerslducks

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Contenders didn’t want or couldn’t afford those contracts. Both of them seem to be happy in their new homes.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
At the very least, it would be honest. Instead, they chose to float it out there to beats more than willing to do a favor to stay in the good graces of the mothership.

It still doesn't excuse the piss poor base level performance of the trade. If you can't sell Giroux as an absolute HR to a playoff roster, then you have no business serving as one of only thirty people in the world to hold a job at that level.

It's been an hour. Of course the beats are going to report on a notable trade first before the organization makes a comment. Tweeting something factual does not mean that is is being "floated out there"

If you thing this was a piss poor base level, you have unrealistic expectations given the circumstances.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Remember when we thought the offer was Samoskevich, Denisenko, 2nd?

Back to reality. Back to contention.
it was so strange when i watch the highlights of Samoskevich. It was a video of anti Fletcher, Flahr, Flyers hockey! Now iam satisfied. Was really in fear we get a valuable player back in this trade! :eek3:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
So, all Boston had to give up for Hall was a 2nd.

Flyers get a 1st, 3rd, & Tippett for their NMC player.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Contenders didn’t want or couldn’t afford those contracts. Both of them seem to be happy in their new homes.
id rather have kept them and then traded them when teams could afford the contracts. We arent contedning any time soon. We should've done what the ducks/kings did. Wait the contracts out and then trade them to start the rebuild/retool. Instead, we will have to see what fletcher wants to do with his "retool" to try and win when we are so behind top teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad