Music: Ghost

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Who here loves Ghost?

After wining a grammy in 2016 in both USA and Sweden, Ghost is starting to take the world by storm. While they have not acomplished what swedish veterans like In Flames have they are about to surpass them and i can see them being the most successful swedish metal act of all time if it continues to go so well for them. They are currently the most exciting metal act for me. Love their old school retro sound and their satanic image. Reminds me of Black Sabbath. Also, all you NA folks can see them live togheter with Iron Maiden this summer :)

Members:
Papa Emeritus III
5 nameless Ghouls
Dave Grohl (On and off.. we really dont know so much of his involvement)

All members wear masks and play a characters. There are Papa Emeritus III (Singer) and his 5 nameless Ghouls. Dave Grohl has played drums in studio and also live acording to rumours. Also produced.

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
unique, that is foresure. I don't think I would personally call it or acknowledge their sound as metal from what you have posted above, sounds more alternative/rock to me.

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
unique, that is foresure. I don't think I would personally call it or acknowledge their sound as metal from what you have posted above, sounds more alternative/rock to me.
As i stated, they are very inspired by old school heavy metal. Reminds alot of bands like Black Sabbath and Blue Öyster Cult. Not calling them metal is understandable.

Just listen to THIS. That is not metal. Overall, its a good mix of both rock and metal. Id say call them whatever. It is awesome music.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Hear them often on Octane(SiriusXM).

Not bad, but nothing so far that has blown me away.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Rats is a badass tune
That's the one off the new album that grabbed me.
I like Square Hammer, Cirice, Secular Haze, He Is, Pendulum and the Pit...but I can't seem to make a dent in their catalogue. The deep cuts don't do it. Genuinely love their hit singles, though.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Seems your behind, there was a fourth Papa Emeritus and he is now Cardinal Copla. Interesting music and showmanship but not one of my favorite bands.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
zfPbvGf.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad