Post-Game Talk: Gettin' drubbed by the Leafs (11/12/2014)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RaybCamn

Oct 16, 2010
This is the CJ team tons of heart (not last night) but utterly lacking in skill. Bergeron is not really a skilled player he has a very high hockey IQ, he does not have a great shot he can occasionally skate around people, but the truth is he uses his hockey IQ to do the job if he had Toews skill with his hockey IQ he could be the best player in the league. DK has some skill no doubt. Dougie has some. Yeti has alittle, but is smart as well. The bucket dries up after that, Seguin was by far and away the most skill foward we have had in ages. I do not think that CJ can coach skilled one way players. Spooner in Providence, and he is prob the 3 most skill bruin on both teams. Cant we go out get Malkin or Ovie or some super star 82 games of this crap is boring the crap out of me.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This is the CJ team tons of heart (not last night) but utterly lacking in skill. Bergeron is not really a skilled player he has a very high hockey IQ, he does not have a great shot he can occasionally skate around people, but the truth is he uses his hockey IQ to do the job if he had Toews skill with his hockey IQ he could be the best player in the league. DK has some skill no doubt. Dougie has some. Yeti has alittle, but is smart as well. The bucket dries up after that, Seguin was by far and away the most skill foward we have had in ages. I do not think that CJ can coach skilled one way players. Spooner in Providence, and he is prob the 3 most skill bruin on both teams. Cant we go out get Malkin or Ovie or some super star 82 games of this crap is boring the crap out of me.

Lies.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
This is what happens when you start to load up a team with more and more soft/skill players and lose the guys who are willing to do what it takes to win night after night.

Think Thornton or Iginla would have just moped around as that display was taking place last night?

But these are the new Bruins as Chiapet has been so fond of saying. With that supposed skill and speed they acquired they lost their identity. I said they would struggle to make the playoffs, beating Florida, Buffalo and Edmonton in a winning streak hasn't changed that opinion.

This is what Chia wanted and this is also what a lot of forum members wanted. Speed kills, it's the new NHL. Or that's what we were told. Nevermind the fact that the Bruins always lose against the Habs because they get killed on the powerplay after their players flop all over the place. Nevermind the fact that the Bruins were pretty much running over everyone else. Let's get rid of the character guys who play a tough game and replace them with small guys with speed.

Well, we got what we wanted.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This is what Chia wanted and this is also what a lot of forum members wanted. Speed kills, it's the new NHL. Or that's what we were told. Nevermind the fact that the Bruins always lose against the Habs because they get killed on the powerplay after their players flop all over the place. Nevermind the fact that the Bruins were pretty much running over everyone else. Let's get rid of the character guys who play a tough game and replace them with small guys with speed.

We should be a lot more careful about what we ask for :shakehead:help:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Not true.

Fraser and Gagne were not what I wanted. I wanted guys that could skate, and who said they had to be small?

Dallas Eakins*

#1 goalie pissed the bed tonight.

Yet again. Rask is impossible to rely on and he has a huge ****ing cap hit, Id rather have a better team in front of an average goalie then a consistently deteriorating mediocre looking squad in front of an "elite" netminder who ****s the bed whenever he feels like it. Are we finally allowed to criticize this guy?

He's been our starter for a blown 3 nothing series lead, let in 2 goals in one minute to blow the cup, and handily contributed to last years loss by looking like an AHLer, now there were other contributors to all of these but I cant help but wonder what kind of team we could put together with his contract and maybe Erikson and Kelly off the books.

And although we can divy up the blame for most of his failures his total inability to play against our arch rival and team that has to be beaten to advance in the post season is beyond inexcusable. On top of that show me one legit contender who wastes this much money on a goalie? Let along one who never comes up clutch.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Not true.

Fraser and Gagne were not what I wanted. I wanted guys that could skate, and who said they had to be small?

I hope so :laugh:

That being said, about being not being small, how many players in the NHL are big and speedy? Probably not many, and the teams that have them most likely do not want to get rid of them.

Bruins had a tough but slightly slow team in 2011 and won the Cup. Same thing two years ago and the Bruins sweeped the Pens (small and very skilled team) and made it to the SCF. Same thing last year and the Bruins won the President's Cup. But they lost against the Habs in the playoffs so let's discard the undeserved powerplays and the 12+ posts hit by the Bruins, let's change identity and get players who don't fit in the current system because speed kills.

Also, Bruins were 12-2-2 in their last 16 games or something like that against the Leafs before last night's game. Ridiculous numbers. Kessel is normally always matched against Chara (old and slow, yet effective?) and is always invisible. I guess now the Bruins are 12-3-2 so let's get rid of more character players and wish we had never traded Kessel. Because guys like Kessel win Cups of course.

Most of that is not directed at you btw GloryDaze :)

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Yet again. Rask is impossible to rely on and he has a huge ****ing cap hit, Id rather have a better team in front of an average goalie then a consistently deteriorating mediocre looking squad in front of an "elite" netminder who ****s the bed whenever he feels like it. Are we finally allowed to criticize this guy?

Finally?!? It's been a full time job for more than a handful of folks around here for the last few years.

He's been our starter for a blown 3 nothing series lead, let in 2 goals in one minute to blow the cup, and handily contributed to last years loss by looking like an AHLer,

This goes for Bergy, Chara and well over half of the rest of the roster. Guess we better clean house then.

On top of that show me one legit contender who wastes this much money on a goalie? Let along one who never comes up clutch.

Challenge accepted: Rangers, Montreal, Chicago, Vancouver and Nashville are all in the top 6 in terms of goalie salaries and ALL were contenders last year and/or are right now.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Best part is that if they win tonight, the people who are ready to jump off a bridge today will forget all about the beat down Toronto put on the B's last night...:laugh:

member 96824

Also, Bruins were 12-2-2 in their last 16 games or something like that against the Leafs before last night's game. Ridiculous numbers. Kessel is normally always matched against Chara (old and slow, yet effective?) and is always invisible. I guess now the Bruins are 12-3-2 so let's get rid of more character players and wish we had never traded Kessel. Because guys like Kessel win Cups of course.

Most of that is not directed at you btw GloryDaze :)

Ever since Kessel came up big against us in that playoff series, he's been far from invisible.

4 goals, 6 points in 7 games that series

since then:

So far: 2 GP, 2 points
2013-14: 4 GP, 5 points

Not too shabby.

Guys like Kessel do win cups: See Gaborik and Kane for example. Offensively talent players that come up large in the postseason. They've taken part in 3 of the 5 cups since the turn of the decade.

Dallas Eakins*

This goes for Bergy, Chara and well over half of the rest of the roster. Guess we better clean house then.

Challenge accepted: Rangers, Montreal, Chicago, Vancouver and Nashville are all in the top 6 in terms of goalie salaries and ALL were contenders last year and/or are right now.

Well this was some fairly selective work considering I addressed the team contributions in regards to those failures.

As for your list of "contenders" some of those teams are sketchy at best as for the Rangers they posses in my opinion one of the only net-minders in the league who you can really count on to be your teams main piece. The Habs arent really contenders and its certainly to early to say that Van or the Preds are, theyre all pretty low on high players on paper so we'll see how it works out but you cant honestly expect one of those teams to have a shot at the cup?

As for Crawford one million in cap hit difference isnt something to scoff at as well as that its no secret Chicago has some of the leagues best bargains so its something that hasnt hampered them yet but Id expect to see it become a burden when Toews and Kane's extensions come in.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not true.

Exactly. Since when is getting faster and younger secret code for getting slower and older? Jesus this place is crazy. The problem is that PC said he wanted to get faster more skilled guys and then did the exact opposite. He got older, slower, less skilled, and now with the injuries, it's taking a toll.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
McQuaid is pressing too much. He should be playing to his talent.

Loui has toughen up lately.

Smith has been trying hard, I think he is very frustrated.

Marchand should be traded ASAP, he is frustrating. To the other team!!!! :laugh:

Seidenberg looked like he was half trying against the Leafs.

Trotman should not be getting criticized, I didn't see big faults for a 7th rounder.

Morrow has just stepped in and kept it at an even keel. You can see his offensive mind at work and he is not half bad on the defensive side.

:)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad