Proposal: Get Your Rant On Over Anton: FLA + CGY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Florida: Gaudreau (50% retained), Pitlick, Markstrom, FLA's 2022 2nd

To Calgary: Lundell, Tippett. Bobrovsky

Panthers get out from Bobrovsky's contract, and pick up an all-star calibre winger for this season. Verhaeghe can take over 3C duties with Hornqvist replacing Tippett in the top 9. Pitlick gives them a versatile 4th liner on an expiring contract, while they also get their 2022 2nd rd pick back

Flames add one of the top C prospects in the league, and a young RW with top 6 upside. With a higher ceiling than Markstrom, Bobrovsky could provide them an upgrade in goal

Bobrovsky waives to become the #1 in Calgary rather than split games as the 1A or 1B in Florida

Markstrom waives in order to live in sunny tax-free Florida

Possible Panthers top 9:
Gaudreau - Barkov - Duclair
Huberdeau - Bennett - Reinhart
Vatrano - Verhaeghe - Hornqvist

Possible Flames top 9:
Tkachuk - Monahan - Lindholm
Dube - Backlund - Mangiapane
Coleman - Lundell - Tippett

Reactions: ottomaddox

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Bobs contract is disgusting but I’d do it as a flames fan if we can’t get Johnny resigned. Not sure Florida is that desperate to dumb Bob though

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Well of all the Flames ones you've done of late, this one doesn't completely bend us over. But it's still not enough to entice me to part with Gaudreau. This is the move the Flames do if they are trying to tank, and then we'd have to trade a bunch of other pieces as well.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Well of all the Flames ones you've done of late, this one doesn't completely bend us over. But it's still not enough to entice me to part with Gaudreau. This is the move the Flames do if they are trying to tank, and then we'd have to trade a bunch of other pieces as well.

You may be forced to part with Gaudreau anyway...

If Gaudreau is dealt as a rental at the deadline I doubt Calgary will get a young player like Lundell or Tippett in return

Reactions: Conbon

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
You may be forced to part with Gaudreau anyway...

If Gaudreau is dealt as a rental at the deadline I doubt Calgary will get a young player like Lundell or Tippett in return

If Gaudreau isn't going to re-sign with us, this deal is a home run, but I fully expect him to stick around and sign a long term deal.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If Gaudreau isn't going to re-sign with us, this deal is a home run, but I fully expect him to stick around and sign a long term deal.

Despite what many around here may think, I'm not an NHL Insider, so I can't offer any insight into whether or not he'll re-sign...

I would, however, question why he hasn't already if that is his intention...

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
We have no need for these players, and not going to give up all that just to get rid of bob's contract, who by the way has been great so far this year (2 games but eh)

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Verhaeghe wouldn't be moved to 3C, he thrives on the 1st LW with Barkov

Pass from Florida. Bob will be bought out in 2/3 years most likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad