OT: Get to know your fellow oiler fans 21/22 Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
With training camps either already starting or about to start--I thought I would post my yearly Q/A with my fellow oiler fans

you can pass on any question you do not want to answer no questions ask

Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan?
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan?
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan?
Q5) Favourite current oiler?
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time?
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related)
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you?
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world?
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever?
Q11) How did you get screen name?
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games)
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games)
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question)
Q15) Favourite movie all time
Q16) Favourite TV show all time
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? 50/male/Scotland now Wales in 7 days)
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? 1980 when I moved from Vancouver to Edmonton
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? Drinking with Semenko whenever he was in Vancouver
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? The Dave died. We had exchanged messages for several years, the last time about a month before he passes away
Q5) Favourite current oiler? Achiebald
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Pat Hughes
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related): saving money for a rainy day is good thinh
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? "You idiot! I gave you lots of chances for happiness and you wasted all of them"
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Thailand--zipline, beaches and elephants
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? Ran into an ex-wife on a beach one time in Costa Rica and it ended up with me getting chases down the beach by her friends
Q11) How did you get screen name? Lost a bet( in october I will be changing it to Deacon Brodie
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games)-- Broberg
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) Xavier Bourgault
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question): Meat Loaf or Slade
Q15) Favourite movie all time: Star Wars: A new hope
Q16) Favourite TV show all time: Babylon 5 or west wing
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Don't be an asshool ALL the time
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? BBO, Soli and Cerebral ( note to Ice dragoon who no longer posts here--just to yell are her for awhile--she works HR and once I found that out --our battles make sense--I hate HR and HR hates me)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Did this awhile ago, might was well do it again for the twelve people that haven't put me on ignore yet for not liking Holland's summer :)

Q1) Age/Sex/Location? 38/M/Berta
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? since day 1
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? Drafting McDavid
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? the years leading up to drafting McDavid
Q5) Favourite current oiler? Leon Draisaitl
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Doug Weight
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related) that we're in charge of our own happiness. Don't expect other people to prioritize it for you.
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? hopefully, it's my mom saying that she's been waiting for me
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Maui
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? I honestly don't think I've ever had a bad vacation
Q11) How did you get screen name? - watching some of the hopeless Oiler teams from '08-'13
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) Dylan Holloway
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) Philip Broberg
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question) Carly Rae Jepsen
Q15) Favourite movie all time - hard to pick. We'll say Shawshank.
Q16) Favourite TV show all time - also very hard to pick. Community.
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? you're enough.
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? We'll go with BBO, Little Fury, andddd... Let's go with North, to bury the hatchet.

Last edited:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? - 31/Male/Calgary
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? Since I was in diapers
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? Ales Hemsky goals to tie and go ahead against Detroit.
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? Losing the Cup in 06
Q5) Favourite current oiler? Draisaitl or Nurse
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Ales Hemsky
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related) How to juggle, and how important weed gummies are for sleep during stressful days
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? "Oh, f*** off."
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Maui
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? Internal bleeding
Q11) How did you get screen name? Hiller getting smoked in the face by Hemsky, and his calm response to it.
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) Konovalov
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) Broberg
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question)Whitney Houston. Yep.
Q15) Favourite movie all time? Big, with Tom Hanks
Q16) Favourite TV show all time? Simpsons/Curb your Enthusiasm/IASIP
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Work harder, stop complaining.
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? Senor Catface is the only name I can remember at the moment.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? 36/M/Calgary
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? Since '06
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? See above, although I was present for McDavid's first playoff goal.
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? Pretty much the entire decade of darkness.
Q5) Favourite current oiler? It's a tie between Leon and Connor
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Kyle Brodziak. Don't judge me.
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related) That adaptation to anything is a key to existence.
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? Took you long enough.
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? New York
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? I had to stay in a motel for a week by myself.
Q11) How did you get screen name? ;)
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) Holloway
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) Broberg
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question) I like to listen to video game music
Q15) Favourite movie all time The Lion King
Q16) Favourite TV show all time Rocko's Modern Life
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Don't wait to do what's important in your life.
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? The bar is above center ice at Rogers. Probably BBO, Drivesatl, and Cloned.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
Younger. Ish. / male / used to be Edmonton, but not now

Q2) How long have you been an Oiler fan?
December 2005 when someone gave our family two tickets to a game against the Canadiens at Rexall. My Dad couldn't go, so a family friend of ours who was a diehard fan took me to the game instead and taught me all the rules (I knew nothing about hockey at the time). The Oilers came back from a 3-1 deficit to win 5-3 and I've been a fan ever since.

Q3) Best moment as an Oiler fan?
Tough to pick one, so I'll give you five from games that I've been to. :naughty:
- My first ever Oilers goal live (Bergeron from Hemsky against the Habs in '05)
- Hemsky scoring the GWG against Columbus with 34.9 seconds left in 2009
- Hemsky's final game and final goals as an Oiler in 2014
- The 8-4 slugfest against LA in 2018-19 where Nuge and Drai both scored hat tricks
- Seeing Connor's 5-point night against the Flyers in 2019-20

Q4) Worst moment as an Oiler fan?

Watching the Game 7 heartbreaker on the jumbotron on Rexall, and then learning that Pronger wanted out a few days later.

Q5) Favourite current Oiler?

Drai. 6 goals in the last 3 games that I've watched him in person.

Ryan Smyth.

Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related)

As a Christian, it's been revealing just how temporal and fragile this earthly life is... The longer this thing drags on, the more I realize that only Jesus (not McJesus :sarcasm: ) can give true hope, peace, and security to hold onto as the world around us crumbles.

Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you?

"Well done, good and faithful servant."

Grand Cayman. Only been there once, but would love to go back again. Snorkeling there is like immersing yourself in a real-life NatGeo documentary.

Was finishing a missions' trip in Eastern Europe, and my traveling buddy talked me into taking a few extra days off to go to the UK instead of flying straight home. Had two bus trips that were 18 and 20 hours long, with frequent pit stops in the middle of nowhere at 2 in the morning...never again... :help:

Was playing a silly word game with some friends in high school, and the name was created during gameplay.

Holloway.

Broberg.

Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question)

Don Moen. Christian piano player. Look him up.

UP. RIP to Ed Asner.

Hockey Night in Canada during the 06 playoffs. So many goosebump-inducing calls, especially from Jim Hughson and Bob Cole.

Q17) If you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?

Don't get weighed down by the negativity that others try to speak into your life. Get your value from what God says about you in the Bible.

Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar?
Del Preston, BBO, and Moontoscott...sitting across from the burger bar at Marcos Famous on 104th, drinking an Orange Creamsicle Milkshake.

...you never said it had to be an alcoholic bar... :naughty:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
27, Male, Edmonton.
Since I was born
Jordan Eberle's first NHL goal.
Losing the cup in 06
Connor McDavid
Ryan Smyth
Edmonton sucks compared to Calgary's lifestyle (my opinion), lots of morons who believe FB over actual doctors and scentists.
Idk, I'm atheist.
Japan
Contacted the dengue fever in Vietnam the day before I was supposed to fly back home.
Anime related.
Broberg
Broberg
EDM
Star Wars
Family Guy
Enjoy life right now, as it only gets harder in the future.
@Cloned @Del Preston @ChaoticOrange

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
33/M/Metro Vancouver

97-98 Season

The entire 06 run

Watching Roloson get injured in Game 1 of the Finals and knowing in my gut the entire 06 run was over

Jesse P

Cujo

Enjoy the little things because you never know when they might be gone

This is all just a simulation, right?

New Zealand

There's bad vacations?

Everytime I used to watch a game with a good friend of mine, it was only a matter of time before you heard it faintly at first and then it would come on. gooooOOOILERS.

Evan Bouchard

Philip Broberg. (Holy consensus, Batman)

Limp Bizkit

Q15) Favourite movie all time.
The Big Lebowski

Q16) Favourite TV show all time.
Breaking Bad

If you're not living on the edge then you're just taking up space, man.

We're all kind of idiots for sticking with this crap for so long, so why not invite everyone to the shitshow?

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
26/M/Toronto

My whole damn life

2006 WCSF Game 3, 3OT, Horcoff OT winner.

Ryan Smyth being traded.

McDavid

Ryan Smyth

3 new coding languages. Python, C++ and C#

You made a difference.

Puerto Vallarta, MX

Technical fault with travel company webisite led to our ticket reservation not having ticket numbers. Had to find flights day of to Phoenix right before Christmas. Spent a ridiculous amount to get flights which sent us from Edmonton to Vancouver to LA to Vegas and finally til Phoenix. Took something like 13 hours. Craziness.

It started out very basic as "McDraisaitl" but that was far too basic and not funny. I have a deep love of terrible puns and an interest in analytics. So I combined the two and boom "OfCorsiDid" was born. Although not without a tragic typo in the first year I had that name. :confused:

Before this rookie camp I would probably say Holloway or Lavoie. Now, I'd probably go with Samourkov.

Konovalov. Although I still think he could be amazing, but Goalies are voodoo. Hardly anyone can predict a goalie's trajectory, especially one of European origin. I hope he doesn't but he's the most likely.

Taylor Swift / Paramore

Inception

Super... jk @Cloned; it changes depending on the season, right now probably Ted Lasso

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Probably @Cloned and @5 Mins 4 Ftg just so I can see the dichotomy of the daughter marriage battle in real life. The third would have to be @Del Preston because at least we can talk hockey while observing the battle between the other two. ;)

Last edited:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? Old very old
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? 72/73
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan?Being at Gretzky 50 in 39 game
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? 2006
Q5) Favourite current oiler? Draisaitl
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Gretzky
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? You don't belong here
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Couch
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? Chair
Q11) How did you get screen name? Creative thinking
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games Savoie
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) Holloway
Q15) Favourite movie all time Good the bad and the ugly
Q16) Favourite TV show all time Sanford and son
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Invest in Apple
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar OKG for laughs BBO and Draisaitl to have someone to argue with

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
34/m/Switzerland

Nearing 20 years now. I guess I should celebrate it :)

Pretty recent one. When McDavid came back from his collar bone injury and dangled through 3 CBJ players. That got me very hyped.

Probably the 2006 Stanley Cup loss.

Draisaitl by far. McLovin comes in 2nd.

Grant Fuhr

It's actually awesome to be at home if you have hobbies that support being at home. Also, drunk people are ass, I don't like them.

Probably nothing because I don't believe in that concept. IF I would end up there, I'd hope for a friendly "Hello, need any help?".

The island of Corsica. Amazing food, amazing people, amazing nature.

Went to Santorini (Greece) and booked one of those famous cave appartements. Payed a lot for it too. We arrive there and the host asks me where we're from. Told her we're from Switzerland. She then goes on a rant on how shit people from Switzerland are and that she doesn't like them. She also mentions that she works in Switzerland and the salary is pretty good. Had no answers to any of that. Also there was mold in the whole appartment because there is a limit on how many windows you can put into a stone wall. Eleni, the chances are slim you will read this but you still owe us an answer on AirBnB.

Name: I like cookies and milk. Avatar: I like pizza, cats and music.

Raphael Lavoie

Dylan Holloway

I mostly listen to Punkrock, Drum'n'Bass and Oldschool Hip Hop. Most are surprised to learn that I love K-Pop.

Pretty much everything with Emma Stone in it. Amazing actress. Also a big big Star Wars fan.

Blue Mountain State and Archer.

Looking back I'm pretty happy about my choices. I guess I'd say: Keep doing what you do.

@Cloned, @Soli, @Del Preston, bonus: @boxcar65
Bar would be somewhere in Canada I guess? :D I would have to fly over.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
- 56/M/Edmonton
- Mid 70’s
- Glenn Anderson scoring the insurance goal vs Philly in G7 of the SCF
- Trading Gretzky and the day we signed Glen Cochrane to a contract
- McDavid and Honey Badger
- Glenn Anderson, Kevin McClelland
- To stay off eBay
- “I told you it was real”
- Lueven Belgium
- Covid
- in the HF penalty box too many times
- Konovolov
- Konovolov
- Dragonforce
- Lord of the Rings
- Fawlty Towers
- Get therapy
- The “bar” would either be my Loge Ledge seats during an Oiler home game or my own basement bar and home theatre during an Oiler away game and could be almost anyone from here but if I had to pick @bellagiobob, @yukoner88 , and @Cloned but he wouldn’t be invited to my basement bar however because then he might meet my daughter without an accepted and approved dating application and that’s against the law as we all know.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
34/m/Switzerland

Nearing 20 years now. I guess I should celebrate it :)

Pretty recent one. When McDavid came back from his collar bone injury and dangled through 3 CBJ players. That got me very hyped.

Probably the 2006 Stanley Cup loss.

Draisaitl by far. McLovin comes in 2nd.

Grant Fuhr

It's actually awesome to be at home if you have hobbies that support being at home. Also, drunk people are ass, I don't like them.

Probably nothing because I don't believe in that concept. IF I would end up there, I'd hope for a friendly "Hello, need any help?".

The island of Corsica. Amazing food, amazing people, amazing nature.

Went to Santorini (Greece) and booked one of those famous cave appartements. Payed a lot for it too. We arrive there and the host asks me where we're from. Told her we're from Switzerland. She then goes on a rant on how shit people from Switzerland are and that she doesn't like them. She also mentions that she works in Switzerland and the salary is pretty good. Had no answers to any of that. Also there was mold in the whole appartment because there is a limit on how many windows you can put into a stone wall. Eleni, the chances are slim you will read this but you still owe us an answer on AirBnB.

Name: I like cookies and milk. Avatar: I like pizza, cats and music.

Raphael Lavoie

Dylan Holloway

I mostly listen to Punkrock, Drum'n'Bass and Oldschool Hip Hop. Most are surprised to learn that I love K-Pop.

Pretty much everything with Emma Stone in it. Amazing actress. Also a big big Star Wars fan.

Blue Mountain State and Archer.

Looking back I'm pretty happy about my choices. I guess I'd say: Keep doing what you do.

@Cloned, @Soli, @Del Preston, bonus: @boxcar65
Bar would be somewhere in Canada I guess? :D I would have to fly over.

You love K-Pop eh?

Reactions: oil Leaks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
26/M/Toronto

My whole damn life

2006 WCSF Game 3, 3OT, Horcoff OT winner.

Ryan Smyth being traded.

McDavid

Ryan Smyth

3 new coding languages. Python, C++ and C#

You made a difference.

Puerto Vallarta, MX

Technical fault with travel company webisite led to our ticket reservation not having ticket numbers. Had to find flights day of to Phoenix right before Christmas. Spent a ridiculous amount to get flights which sent us from Edmonton to Vancouver to LA to Vegas and finally til Phoenix. Took something like 13 hours. Craziness.

It started out very basic as "McDraisaitl" but that was far too basic and not funny. I have a deep love of terrible puns and an interest in analytics. So I combined the two and boom "OfCorsiDid" was born. Although not without a tragic typo in the first year I had that name. :confused:

Before this rookie camp I would probably say Holloway or Lavoie. Now, I'd probably go with Samourkov.

Konovalov. Although I still think he could be amazing, but Goalies are voodoo. Hardly anyone can predict a goalie's trajectory, especially one of European origin. I hope he doesn't but he's the most likely.

Taylor Swift

Inception

Super... jk @Cloned; it changes depending on the season, right now probably Ted Lasso

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Probably @Cloned and @5 Mins 4 Ftg just so I can see the dichotomy of the daughter marriage battle in real life. The third would have to be @Del Preston because at least we can talk hockey while observing the battle between the other two. ;)
If you like Supergirl, you have good Style.

Also Taylor Swift is only good in very small doses lol.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
50/M/High River
Entire life
Many moments, but I'll go with a recent one- when Smith took down Talbot
Lots, but again a recent one- Winnipeg sweep last playoffs really hurt, more so than usual
McDavid
Doug Weight, just a super classy person and true leader at a young age.
Every single person is struggling due to the pandemic. Every single one. Be kind.
Hey...can you cook us up a Brisket?
In my little smoke pit in the backyard
Was doing some cooking for a charity, needed a business name, its a play on my last name
Tullio
Silverado
The Office
Be a chef
Everyone in the Quarantine Canteen thread, and it'll be at my house, with our very large Bourbon selection.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
27, Male, Edmonton.
Since I was born
Jordan Eberle's first NHL goal.
Losing the cup in 06
Connor McDavid
Ryan Smyth
Edmonton sucks compared to Calgary's lifestyle (my opinion), lots of morons who believe FB over actual doctors and scentists.
Idk, I'm atheist.
Japan
Contacted the dengue fever in Vietnam the day before I was supposed to fly back home.
Anime related.
Broberg
Broberg
EDM
Star Wars
Family Guy
Enjoy life right now, as it only gets harder in the future.
@Cloned @Del Preston @ChaoticOrange
Which EDM artists do you listen to?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
50/M/High River
Entire life
Many moments, but I'll go with a recent one- when Smith took down Talbot
Lots, but again a recent one- Winnipeg sweep last playoffs really hurt, more so than usual
McDavid
Doug Weight, just a super classy person and true leader at a young age.
Every single person is struggling due to the pandemic. Every single one. Be kind.
Hey...can you cook us up a Brisket?
In my little smoke pit in the backyard
Was doing some cooking for a charity, needed a business name, its a play on my last name
Tullio
Silverado
The Office
Be a chef
Everyone in the Quarantine Canteen thread, and it'll be at my house, with our very large Bourbon selection.

*checks Quarantine Canteen thread for own posts*

Yay, I qualify!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? 40, Male, Sylvan Lake
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? As long as I can recall
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? The cups that I can remember us winning (especially the non-Gretzky one, that's the one I have the most vivid memories of).
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? Game 7, 05/06 Final. Cujo leaving for the Leafs. Gretzky sale
Q5) Favourite current oiler? McDavid
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Not sure. Cujo maybe? Messier?
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related) Working from home kind of sucks sometimes. Life gets lonely when you don't see co-workers. Also, its easier to quit smoking when you aren't around co-workers who smoke.
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? Hello son.
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Montego Bay
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? Camping in the mountains. Woke up to snow. Wasn't fun.
Q11) How did you get screen name? I don't remember. Not an interesting story. I like Superman.
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) Konovolov.
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) Lavoie
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question) George Michael
Q15) Favourite movie all time I don't know, there are so many. The Shawshank Redemption maybe.
Q16) Favourite TV show all time - Breaking Bad or Firefly
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Don't smoke the cigarettes. If you don't have the money, don't spend it until you own a house.
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? Uh... everyone and anyone.

Last edited:

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? Still in my fifties and male.
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? My brother was an Oiler fan, so it was hard for me, but once I moved to Edmonton in the 80's, howq could I not be?
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? I liked the Bears Oilers rookie games. I was on campus and I could see what might be interesting.
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? None.
Q5) Favourite current oiler? RNH
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Esa Tikkanen
Q7)Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned? I haven't really had it bad. A more vibrant deck life is a good thing. The global warming device helped alot.
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life ...The whole family is pretty much there now. Should be a good wingding.
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? My deck and a good book. Ive traveled alot and I feel that no matter where you go you are still there.
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? How can a vacation be bad. Course going on vacation with your significant other and her ex could have been bad. There were definitely some rough spots, but that just meant having to apply more bar time.
Q11) How did you get screen name? Initials of one of my gaming characters.
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) No idea. I'll tell you after the Oilers Bears game.
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? Something I dont partake in.
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? I like classical music. So I listen to CBC before lunch.
Q15) Favourite movie all time. None
Q16) Favourite TV show all time. Rick and Morty? I watched GOT with the wife, that was ok.
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Keep it in your pants.
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? Im not picky.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
  • 28 | M | Lower Mainland, BC (Born n Raised in Edmonton, lived in Toronto on 2 separate occasions)
  • My entire life
  • '06 Playoff Run | 2015 McDavid Lottery Win
  • Game 7 Loss in '06 Stanley Cup Final
  • McDavid/Draisaitl
  • Ales Hemsky
  • Life is short; take that leap of faith.
  • No ressurections this time
  • Haven't been blessed to travel a whole lot just yet but so far India
  • Went to Mexico and the usual family drama stirred up
  • I envisioned myself as an Oilers player and thought I'd be a superstar player for the team + my birthday
  • Matvey Petrov
  • Xavier Bourgault
  • Maroon 5
  • I'd probably go with 12 Angry Men (1957)
  • Boy Meets World
  • Embrace every day, cause you will not get it back.
  • Any 3 that would be down to meet up. The bar is at my uncles house in the basement in Edmonton.

Last edited:

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
49/male/Edmonton
Since late 70’s
1990 Stanley Cup
Gretzky sale
McAwesome
Doug Weight
If forced, I am content being at home.
Hope you like the heat.
South Africa
Ive never had a bad vacation
I’m the least creative person on earth and can never come up with a clever name, so I use band names.
Broberg
Skinner (I know he played 1 game)
I’m a avid vinyl collector and I suspect people would question much of my collection. A guilty pleasure would be Herb Alpert.
We Jam Econo - Not the best film ever, but a powerful study of the relationship between D. Boon and Mike Watt.

Dig! - an inside look at the the Brian Jonestown Massacre and the Dandy Warhols and how talent doesn’t always win in the music business.

Simpsons
Don’t be afraid to fail
I’d be happy to drink with any poster as long as they are vaxxed. Any bar will do.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
  • Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
  • 60| M | Nice quasi rural setting east of Etown
  • Grew up a Habs fan, but instantly switched when we were awarded an NHL team. Been a fan of the actual Oilers since inception of the WHA.
  • Have had the pleasure of attending all five SC clinching games, but the first one will always be special. The spontaneous celebration downtown partying on Jasper Ave after the game was something I’ll never forget.
  • Game 7 Loss in '06 Stanley Cup Final. Ate at me for over a year. Game 6 was one of the most complete playoff games an Oiler team has ever played, and was the loudest Rexall has ever been. Had chills the whole game. Was sure we were going to win game 7.
  • McDavid, Smith
  • Paul Coffey
  • Was a great time for daily online education - investing, blockchain, etc.
  • You were right, the Flames do suck.
  • Have travelled to many beautiful places in the world, but have to say that Canmore, where I am right now, puts a huge smile on my face every time I’m here. Stunningly beautiful location, fantastic location for everything I love to do outdoors.
  • Never really had a bad holiday. Will tell a funny story about one trip though. We’re in Greece doing some Island hopping, and we’re on a day booze cruise to a remote island, and the return trip we caught some really tough weather, and the boat was rocking pretty good, back and forth. There was an outhouse in the middle of the boat, and after one huge wave that tipped us up pretty good, and then back down, the outhouse door burst open, and a pretty girl came bouncing out, clutching the toilet seat that had broken off and was now around her butt, and bounced around 5 times before coming to a stop right in front of us.
  • Have been known to place the odd bet, and have been to Vegas probably around 40 times, and have always enjoyed staying at the Bellagio, so the name evolved from that.
  • Next years 1st pick
  • Konovolov
  • The Monks
  • Terminator/Eurotrip
  • The Office/Family Guy/Hogan’s Heroes

• Invest 100K each in Microsoft and Bitcoin when they are under a buck and hold for a very long time.

• Bar would be Subsix in Maldives. I had three posters picked out. Then it became six. And then twelve. And went from there. I don’t want to leave anybody out by posting just three names, as there so many great people here that I would love to shoot the shit with over a beverage. So many posters make me laugh, make me think, entertain me with their creativity, etc. You folks know who you are, and you are all welcome. Maybe even the three guys on my ignore list can come along. ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad