German football season 2023/24

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I have never been a religious person, but this season's Bayer Leverkusen is tempting me to start believing in a higher power more than anything in my life before. :laugh:

Or instead it's Leverkusen's deal with devil that holds on. :naughty:

I was thinking that Xhaka missing his first match of the season and hangover from winning the title caught up with them, but it was business as usual instead.

Xhaka's fashion sense though, what was that jacket all about when they filmed him in the stands.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A point was probably fair. We were the better team in the second half after a very cagey first half…but if Rönnow hadn’t made a big save, we would’ve lost it with the last hit of the game.

Next week could be our season. We have to have to have to beat Bochum at the Alte Försterei.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gruda & Burkardt are absolutely buzzing so far. Great footwork from Brajan created the first golden chance of the game and Joni slickly carved out a corner for the mainzer.

Would be such a crime if Bochum stayed up ahead of them…or us lol…

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Mainz has Heidenheim away, Dortmund home, and Wolfsburg away left. They got two points out of those fixtures in autumn and have a bad record from previous years as well. Winning two of their remaining three may be a bridge too far for Köln as well, but it's not impossible that they would survive if they do.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The improvement Stuttgart have made this season.. Man. It's weird to feel like this. I can't help but thinking next season they get relegated.

As someone who has spent all season waiting for the clock to strike midnight, I think we have to start taking them seriously...depending on how much of this team stays together. I still don't really trust that defense, but the way their attackers are playing is legit and I've long been a Stiller fan.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It depends on who they keep and who they spend on if we are honest. I don't know that Brighton is going to be fine with just giving them some of their best players. Maybe they'll loan some other options.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It depends on who they keep and who they spend on if we are honest. I don't know that Brighton is going to be fine with just giving them some of their best players. Maybe they'll loan some other options.

Yeah. Thus my "how much of this team stays together" caveat. Dahoud is already heading back and they're unsure if they want to pay the fixed fee for Leweling, while I'm not sure about the conditions on Roualt.

It's also unclear just how much they'll have to shell out for Undav, as Kicker has the option at 12M but BILD has reported a figure of 18M, with the potential to rise even higher if he keeps lighting it up.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah. Thus my "how much of this team stays together" caveat. Dahoud is already heading back and they're unsure if they want to pay the fixed fee for Leweling, while I'm not sure about the conditions on Roualt.

It's also unclear just how much they'll have to shell out for Undav, as Kicker has the option at 12M but BILD has reported a figure of 18M, with the potential to rise even higher if he keeps lighting it up.
I mean they have the money to sign Undav. If they don't, there's a couple of other clubs who would.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah, but whether they have to spend 12 or 20+ on him makes a big difference on what they'll have to spend elsewhere....unless they're only buying him to sell him.
I wouldn't put it past them. I wonder what the fee for Guirassy is if they wanted to move on. Might make up a decent bit. As good as he's been, there's no way he can have another season like this.

There should be money to spend. They do ok revenue wise and develop a ton of players (though some of them are not sold at the right time).

It also seems this manager can find out a way to get some bargains.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Hertha Berlin's Morocco international Aymen Barkok was attacked in a Berlin bar last weekend. He had to be hospitalized and underwent surgery and will miss rest of the season.

• Wow
Reactions: JoVel

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Hertha Berlin's Morocco international Aymen Barkok was attacked in a Berlin bar last weekend. He had to be hospitalized and underwent surgery and will miss rest of the season.
Curious aspect to this situation: Barkok is loaned from Mainz. If he had started 12 games for Hertha this season, Hertha would have been contractually obliged to buy him from Mainz for 0.6 million. Up to this injury Barkok had started 11 games and was one game shy of this option kicking in. Also interesting to note that he has not been good for Hertha and his salary would have been too high for the 2.Liga (i.e. there were rumors that the club management and certainly a lot of fans did not want this purchase obligation to kick in).

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So schalke got a conditional license for the 3rd division if they do get relegated. Though they're in decent shape to stay up, with a 5pt lead over the playoff spot and a 6pt lead over the auto-relegation spot...Schalke currently having the better GD (-10) than Hansa (-23) or Lautern (-13).

Looks like Schalke's match at Osnabruck will be moved to later date from next Saturday as home club's stadium is in danger of collapsing and thus unsafe to play at.

Imagine being relegated (which Osnabruck almost certainly will be) and your stadium collapsing at the same time...

So Schalke has to wait a bit longer for securing their status in 2.BL

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Looks like Schalke's match at Osnabruck will be moved to later date from next Saturday as home club's stadium is in danger of collapsing and thus unsafe to play at.

Imagine being relegated (which Osnabruck almost certainly will be) and your stadium collapsing at the same time...

So Schalke has to wait a bit longer for securing their status in 2.BL
Yikes. Wonder if they are able to get it repaired in time for next season or use another. I think...Lotte's would be the closest?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad