Value of: Georgiev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Av's and Oilers need a goalie...Alex has been down in the dumps ...now looks like he is back to form..tough spot to leave our depth to only Igor but may be worth the risk...2nd from Oilers and i say where do I sign up. Are the Oilers desperate enough?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Av's and Oilers need a goalie...Alex has been down in the dumps ...now looks like he is back to form..tough spot to leave our depth to only Igor but may be worth the risk...2nd from Oilers and i say where do I sign up. Are the Oilers desperate enough?

Rangers won't move him unless it upgrades the Rangers. While Igor was out with covid, Georgiev kept the Rangers in games. Unless the Rangers acquired more goalie depth they can't move Georgiev. Rangers aren't going into the playoffs with Keith Kinkaid as the backup.

Reactions: cheech70

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not worth a 2nd.

/thread

stop w/the /thread

there is a recent thread Geo to EDM
most, incl multiple Oil fans, agreed to a recent 2nd prospect + downgrade of 4th now for a 3rd next yr to take Kosk
Hajek also included

would love to upgrade from Lavoie to a better prospect, but can agree on him

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers won't move him unless it upgrades the Rangers. While Igor was out with covid, Georgiev kept the Rangers in games. Unless the Rangers acquired more goalie depth they can't move Georgiev. Rangers aren't going into the playoffs with Keith Kinkaid as the backup.

prob w/this is that we have established there are 2 Geos.
the underperformer does not get starter's minutes and is a backup

the solid performer gets regular work as a starter

What advocates of your position need to recognize is there are only one set of starter's minutes, period, regardless of who the goalie is.

So either be stupid by not playing Shesty starter mins to keep Geo sharp
or
also be stupid by giving Shesty the mins and then deal with an inferior version of Geo

or be smart, listen to bernmeister, and deal Geo
play Shesty as starter vs top competition, let Kinkaid/Huska play backup vs 2nd tier clubs
then use swag obtained for Geo to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade///

Reactions: Jarvi and cheech70

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
No they don't.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
No team is going to give up the value Rangers want for him. He will be dealt at the draft.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
You can have Halak in the Miller deal that’s gunna happen ;)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Georgiev wouldn't make a lick of difference. He's just another sub-standard goaltender. Oilers would be exchanging crap for crap...

not paying attention to actual facts
his production is dif as a starter than as a backup
needs the regular work to be sharp and he is not getting it behind Shesty

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
not paying attention to actual facts
his production is dif as a starter than as a backup
needs the regular work to be sharp and he is not getting it behind Shesty
If he provided consistent starter-level goaltending, he would be a starter. He's not. He's a total questionmark. Oilers need a sure thing.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Georgiev wouldn't make a lick of difference. He's just another sub-standard goaltender. Oilers would be exchanging crap for crap...
He's been better of recent than Koskinen has been in 3 years. He isn't a superstar, that's for sure, but Koskinen is done. You can see it in his game, he's finished as an Oiler and an NHL goalie. Gives up after he lets in a shaky goal, and he lets in a shaky goal every game. It sucks, he starts off pretty good every year, but 30 games in, stick a fork in him.

Reactions: capazzo

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Ideally we trade for someone now, even if he isnt a sure thing (and really, there arent many/any sure things available at this stage) give the guy the reins, and we could still trade for someone else at the deadline if we need to.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Ullmark for long term if he’s available

Fleury for short term if he’s available

Huge problems in Edmonton

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If he provided consistent starter-level goaltending, he would be a starter. He's not. He's a total questionmark. Oilers need a sure thing.

no, there is no shame in him not winning starting job vs vezina quality Shesty

that's like sayin Mantle was not good enuf to bat cleanup for the Yankees, and ignoring the #4 hitter was Gehrig.

nothing is certain and only God is absolute.
But if we play percentages, barring injury, Geo, who will also have an odd off game here and there, is gonna shine most of the time w/regular work as a starter.

there is also a likely consequence to staying on the path of the status quo

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
no, there is no shame in him not winning starting job vs vezina quality Shesty

that's like sayin Mantle was not good enuf to bat cleanup for the Yankees, and ignoring the #4 hitter was Gehrig.

nothing is certain and only God is absolute.
But if we play percentages, barring injury, Geo, who will also have an odd off game here and there, is gonna shine most of the time w/regular work as a starter.

there is also a likely consequence to staying on the path of the status quo
There is no such thing as god. Just science!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There is no such thing as god. Just science!
to reference a popular quote:
to those who believe, no explanation is necessary
to those who do not, no explanation is possible.

And yes, of course science exists.
To quote the late great Billy Preston....
That's the way God planned it
That's the way God wants it to be

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
to reference a popular quote:
to those who believe, no explanation is necessary
to those who do not, no explanation is possible.

And yes, of course science exists.
To quote the late great Billy Preston....
That's the way God planned it
That's the way God wants it to be
What is God was one of us?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What is God was one of us?
I believe the quote you meant was "What if God was one of us?"

Explaining predestination vs free will, that is relatively easy.

But since many set a standard of requiring empirical evidence, nothing less, it is difficult to prove the existence of God, as God, being absolute, is not compelled to submit to such a standard.

So it becomes a matter of faith. I hope all who seek it find it.

I won't say more than that here b'c that would cross the line from courtesy response to going off tangent. I am very busy but you may convo me for a bit further discussion if you wish.

Reactions: Dumais

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I believe the quote you meant was "What if God was one of us?"

Explaining predestination vs free will, that is relatively easy.

But since many set a standard of requiring empirical evidence, nothing less, it is difficult to prove the existence of God, as God, being absolute, is not compelled to submit to such a standard.

So it becomes a matter of faith. I hope all who seek it find it.

I won't say more than that here b'c that would cross the line from courtesy response to going off tangent. I am very busy but you may convo me for a bit further discussion if you wish.
You amaze me! Such well though-out wisdom yet your trade offers are outlandish. You are an enigma! ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad