Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
"Bust" is open to everybody's interpretation. For me, it's all about expectations. 1st round picks and top 10 picks get drafted with high expectations so they immediately qualify. If Kap would've just faded away after the 2015 draft, it wouldn't have been anything of note since he was a 5th round pick. Even making the NHL in any capacity is a bonus. But everything he's done since has raised the expectations, so yeah, if it ends up that he can't translate to the NHL, then there will be some bust factor (at least to me).

I subscribe to this definition of bust. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Am I the only one that thinks this team may end up being a wild card team? I mean, I don't expect big things from them, but I could see them being surprisingly decent if a few things work out, like Bjugstad being healthy and Rossi being a capable, if sheltered middle 6 center. Not to mention Kaprizov.

Reactions: HotDish

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

Am I the only one that thinks this team may end up being a wild card team? I mean, I don't expect big things from them, but I could see them being surprisingly decent if a few things work out, like Bjugstad being healthy and Rossi being a capable, if sheltered middle 6 center. Not to mention Kaprizov.
I think they make the playoffs if two things happen.

1) defense doesn't regress
2) Talbot plays average.

It sits on the shoulders of the D and goalies. What happens with the forwards will be gravy even though I think they will be improved:

I trust Fiala will be fine, I think greenway will improve (the man has been on the mission since his talk with Guerin, he hasn't left Minnesota since they lost to keep training), Bonino will be better than expected, and Kaprizov will be one of the top rookies in the league.

I think the Forward core 2020> Forward core 2019.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

i think this team will shock quite a few actually. i do think it will take a little bit to gel as there has been a good amount of turnover but the players we do have could work quite well together and make for some exciting hockey. time will tell though who decides to show up and produce. If Rossi and Kap can live up to the hype i could see us being better than a wild card team.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think they make the playoffs if two things happen.

1) defense doesn't regress
2) Talbot plays average.

It sits on the shoulders of the D and goalies. What happens with the forwards will be gravy even though I think they will be improved:

I trust Fiala will be fine, I think greenway will improve (the man has been on the mission since his talk with Guerin, he hasn't left Minnesota since they lost to keep training), Bonino will be better than expected, and Kaprizov will be one of the top rookies in the league.

I think the Forward core 2020> Forward core 2019.
interesting tid bit on Greenway, didnt know he hasnt left and has been putting in the work. hopefully good sign of things to come from him.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
right right. where did you find all that info? writing has been pretty dry on the wild as far as bleacher report goes lol
Russo's podcasts, I'm 90% sure he talked about it again in the latest talk north pod but if not the one before has it too.

If not Russo talks about it in his article on the athletic Bill Guerin's plan to rebuild....

Bill Guerin's plan to rebuild the Wild: 'We can't live in the past'

"To demonstrate that he got the message, Greenway hasn't left Minnesota since the team was eliminated from the Edmonton bubble. He said Saturday that he has been training the past two months in Minnesota."

Last edited:
Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Russo's podcasts, I'm 90% sure he talked about it again in the latest talk north pod but if not the one before has it too.

If not Russo talks about it in his article on the athletic Bill Guerin's plan to rebuild....

"To demonstrate that he got the message, Greenway hasn't left Minnesota since the team was eliminated from the Edmonton bubble. He said Saturday that he has been training the past two months in Minnesota."
Nice. Guess I’ll need to listen to more podcasts

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
NHL Org Rankings 2.0: Pronman's post-draft rating of every team's young talent

1. Kirill Kaprizov, RW
  2. Marco Rossi, C
  3. Matthew Boldy, LW
  4. Calen Addison, D
  5. Alexander Khovanov, C
  6. Adam Beckman, LW
  7. Marat Khusnutdinov, C
  8. Ryan O’Rourke, D
  9. Nico Sturm, C
  10. Sam Hentges, C
  11. Daemon Hunt, D
  12. Vladislav Firstov, LW
  13. Pavel Novak, RW
I just boggles my mind how a guy that insists he can watch all these prospects and make educated calls doubles down on it and says he can not only do that, but he can watch all these young guys in the NHL enough that he knows how they rank in the group as well. Nobody has that much time.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I just boggles my mind how a guy that insists he can watch all these prospects and make educated calls doubles down on it and says he can not only do that, but he can watch all these young guys in the NHL enough that he knows how they rank in the group as well. Nobody has that much time.

I'm personally not a fan of Pronman's change to include all playes under 22. What's the value of Auston Matthews propping up Toronto's medicore prospect pool to #4 on the list? The value exchange doesn't make since, he a 4 year veteran getting paid 12 million dollars.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He makes up for it by having absolutely zero qualifications to be a hockey scout in the first place.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Say what you want about Guerin and his moves but im absolutely thrilled he came in and turned this scouting staff around with a home run poach in Brackett. In such a short period we have likely improved our development for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Wild11MN

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It must be an error, but EliteProspects has Beckman playing in Iowa this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad