GDT: GDT #6 Detroit Red Wings vs New York Islanders | October 22nd | 7:45 PM | F/L 1-0

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
What an embarrassing loss. Outshoot a team 29-10 and not only not score, but can’t even generate legit scoring chances. Team has zero energy or life to it along with a huge lack in talent, and the guy who is supposed to be the star (Barzal) is looking more and more like a first/second line tweener. Just an all around poorly constructed team and I hope we sell off the assets we have at the deadline to do a proper retooling.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I get people ripping Barzal, he was not great tonight but Horvat deserves just as much or more blame. He’s a complete no show. Supposed to be a goal scorer, but he’s terrible
All trying to do too much rather than just make the Logical Simple play....

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
So if I hear you correctly, there's no way to fix the issues with this team without changing the players.
You can help guys with fundamentals such as being in proper position and the coach can instill that in the players but IF you are asking me IF you or me or ROY can teach these guys to skate faster or how to score my answer to you is NO none of us can teach that you either can do it or you cant.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
I get people ripping Barzal, he was not great tonight but Horvat deserves just as much or more blame. He’s a complete no show. Supposed to be a goal scorer, but he’s terrible
We have some of the worst top end talent in the league. I have to laugh at that poster who thought Barzal could still be a perennial top ten player - we overrate our players like no other fanbase

Reactions: duster19

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We’re now at the stage where Lou can hope hos team turns it around while he waits for more contracts to expire. Still no internal solutions.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
We have some of the worst top end talent in the league. I have to laugh at that poster who thought Barzal could still be a perennial top ten player - we overrate our players like no other fanbase
it's Lou who overrates most players to give them hilarious contracts not many or no other team would give them

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Barzal was crud.
The first one line should have won us two of the last three, and couldn't finish either time.
And not much better the rest of them.
Who could say they had a good game?
Sorokin looks in good touch, but a bit pointless when he can't afford to concede a single goal.

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
This team is so confusing and frustrating; they are generating more shots and chances than their opponents, they are very good at preventing chances- but simply cannot score at an NHL level. I don’t think I’ve watched a game this season where I thought they were badly outplayed, or even outplayed. There’s lots of talent and speed on this team, but absolutely no finishing ability.

Reactions: MJF

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
This team is so confusing and frustrating; they are generating more shots and chances than their opponents, they are very good at preventing chances- but simply cannot score at an NHL level. I don’t think I’ve watched a game this season where I thought they were badly outplayed, or even outplayed. There’s lots of talent and speed on this team, but absolutely no finishing ability.
I disagree to this as Isles are full of low talent and lacking speed for ages

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
it's Lou who overrates most players to give them hilarious contracts not many or no other team would give them
Lou has done very little over the last fees years to improve the hockey team. You are right. He has made bad contract decisions that have handcuffed them into making change. As a result they look like a team that is happy to lose. Say the right things. Try again next time. They have no winning culture. They look like a hockey team that has no idea how to win games. Does not want to push to find a way to win games. They have got to change things up and it starts with a new GM. Until that happens we are just going to do the same thing over and over again with the same players with an average outcome.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
Lou has done very little over the last fees years to improve the hockey team. You are right. He has made bad contract decisions that have handcuffed them into making change. As a result they look like a team that is happy to lose. Say the right things. Try again next time. They have no winning culture. They look like a hockey team that has no idea how to win games. Does not want to push to find a way to win games. They have got to change things up and it starts with a new GM. Until that happens we are just going to do the same thing over and over again with the same players with an average outcome.
winning culture? overrated, Lou stands for shaving culture and the team itself is fine with their country club culture. Lou missed the opportunity to get some value for trading Nelson. Lou is a fossil from the stone age of hockey.

Reactions: Ishkabible

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Outshot them 29-10; clearly are the better team and played better.

But f*** there’s no bite to this team. No scrums, no physicality. But that’s hockey today.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland

Challenge the Country Club Culture​

we define the “country club culture” as a workplace with little or no accountability. This is the kind of environment in which leaders have a “Que sera, sera” approach, thinking what will be, will be. They fail to set good goals and/or to create consistent habits around measuring performance, so employees don’t really know what’s expected of them. This leads to a self-destructive culture in which high performers tend to leave because these most precious assets aren’t valued for their good efforts. They also get frustrated when the poor performance of others isn’t addressed. This—along with other manifestations of this leadership transgression—leads to employee morale, productivity, retention and hiring issues.
Here are some common attributes of the country club culture:

• Lack of business controls
  • Vague, unclear or no goals
  • Low performance standards
  • Focus on activities versus results
  • Overlapping responsibilities
  • Mixed messages and other challenges with transparent communication
  • Minimal discussions around performance
  • Trouble hiring and retaining “A players”
  • Use of the “hope strategy”—just hoping things will turn out OK
  • Leadership that doesn’t sufficiently delegate

Green

Nov 13, 2019
How anyone looks at this product and thinks anything other than re-build is beyond me, only question do we do the right thing and start it now? Do we wait until after the all star game so we have a legitimate representative in Barzal and maybe someone else, or do we do the wrong thing and wait until 3 years when we are a garbage team and our products are worth less

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
How anyone looks at this product and thinks anything other than re-build is beyond me, only question do we do the right thing and start it now? Do we wait until after the all star game so we have a legitimate representative in Barzal and maybe someone else, or do we do the wrong thing and wait until 3 years when we are a garbage team and our products are worth less
How about finally realizing that Barzal is not a player to build your team around?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad