GDT: 2014 NHL Entry Draft – Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Dreger - Speculation - Canucks gunning for the #1 overall pick?

Via TSN's Facebook page (can't get the link or quote from my iPhone).

::edit::

Screen shot

439XgvB.jpg

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Via TSN's Facebook page (can't get the link or quote from my iPhone).
https://www.facebook.com/TSN/posts/10152701262001055
The Canucks continue to be busy leading up to the Draft. Here is an update of this afternoon and what's being heard on the draft floor:

- Canucks send D Jason Garrison to the Tampa Bay Lightning along with the rights to Jeff Costello in exchange for the 50th overall pick in the 2014 NHL Draft.

- Canucks acquire Derek Dorsett from the New York Rangers in exchange for a third-round pick (85th overall)

- Darren Dreger reporting that teams are arriving on the draft floor and there is heavy speculation on the Canucks shifting focus on a quest for the first overall pick.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Why is it that Draft is the most exciting thing about this whole circus...? I prefer it to SC finals even. Draft is the best hockey there is. ;)

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Can someone PM me a link to watch an english stream online, ideally of the TSN feed? Want to watch it at work with the guys but no TV. TSN streamed it in the past but I guess not this year.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Why is it that Draft is the most exciting thing about this whole circus...? I prefer it to SC finals even. Draft is the best hockey there is. ;)

Honestly its only exciting if you have a top pick. For teams like Chicago LA , playoff hockey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>draft and its not close.

TeamlessWatcher

Mar 13, 2008

I agree.

Draft + Trade deadline + Free agent frenzy are always great stuff :)

Honestly its only exciting if you have a top pick. For teams like Chicago LA , playoff hockey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>draft and its not close.

Nah I like watching it for all the teams. The chaos is always fun. I'm a Habs fan, we have nothing going on probably this year. Still super excited.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

Playoffs are only fun when you're still in it.

Otherwise, draft and free agency is awesome.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
ran into a bunch of NHL exec downtown in Phila today.

Lindy Ruff - stoic as usual; looked younger in person; weird part was he was wearing a Sabres golf shirt.

Funny, most of them seemed really caught off guard to be recognized.

pdrec

Jun 30, 2011
I'm watching OTR on the pre-show and this interview between Landsberg and Wiggens was so cringe-worthy.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Can someone PM me a link to watch an english stream online, ideally of the TSN feed? Want to watch it at work with the guys but no TV. TSN streamed it in the past but I guess not this year.

If you get one, please dont mind and forward the link. ;)

Rob Nieds work ethic

Swarm it up Devils!
Aug 17, 2007
Going to get me a large bag of Nachos before it starts.

IMO, the draft is the most exciting/interesting NHL-related event of the year. Yeah, even more interesting than the Stanley Cup finals.

More representative of the sport of hockey than the Stanley Cup Finals is the gathering of a bunch of suits sitting around different tables occasionally calling out names from a podium. Really?

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
More representative of the sport of hockey than the Stanley Cup Finals is the gathering of a bunch of suits sitting around different tables occasionally calling out names from a podium. Really?

Not more representative, just more fun to watch when your team isn't involved in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad