Games you are currently playing - Part 7

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Randomly thought of Typing of the Dead the other day which I've had for over 10 years. Reinstalled it and really enjoying it. I didn't even play it for an hour prior when I first bought it but the cutscenes are hilarious and the typing is fun to go through and listen to the silly dialogue.

Also started War Mongrels which is a real time stealth tactics game similar to Mimimi Games like Shadow Tactics, Desperados 3, and Shadow Gambit. It feels a little less polished than Mimimi titles but it's still a ton of fun. It's all realistic too, unlike Mimimi titles that always had at least some magic involved.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'll disagree that PS+ isn't worth it after a year.
Same here. I've downloaded TONS of games and really like the catalogue tbh. Quite a lot of the time I spend playing on my playstation I am playing games offered through PS Plus. I've discovered some of my favorite recent games through PS Plus, as well as getting to play old games on the classics catalogue.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
As for the topic at hand:

1727369054731.png

Under The Waves (2023) - Both XBOX and PS Consoles + Windows. (Currently being offered on PS+

Described by the publisher as "a love letter to the oceans", Under the Waves is a narrative based adventure game which takes place in a techno-futuristic 1970s, almost entirely under water. The game focuses on the story of professional diver Stanley who is attempting to overcome his personal grief and struggles while also taking care of his job duties maintaining various underwater facilities.

The game is very story-driven with beautiful underwater scenery, a captivating score, and immersive overall feeling (no pun intended). A lot of the game focuses on completing daily tasks while gradually advancing the storyline and collecting resources and blueprints to continue your journey and improve your ability to explore. This game could be seen as a "Scuba Diving/Submersible Simulator" and probably isn't going to appeal to people who prefer more action-oriented games.

I'm pretty early into the game, but I'm already loving it. I don't think it's a particularly long game, so I'm trying to take it a bit slow and really enjoy the story and adventuring underwater. It's a great game to fire up and play just to relax and vibe alone under the sea to the music. I'm definitely getting to a point in the story where some odd things are happening and I'm interested to see where it goes from here.

Would definitely recommend so far, especially if you have PS+ Extra, you can try it for free. I've had a hankering for another underwater game since finishing Subnautica multiple times and this one is getting the job done so far.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
PUBG and Helldivers 2 with friends.

Mario Kart 8 Online on Switch. So much fun.

Echoes of Wisdom should be here by Monday, then 100% of my gaming time is going into that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad