GDT: Game 9 | Ottawa @ Montreal | Feb 3rd, 2pm | Marty Straka's Hijacking Makeshift GDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Long time creeper on these boards but I'm so incensed over the call I had to share a thought.

I don't remember a call that blatantly horrible in all my years of watching hockey. This game coupled with the news of Spezza and our suddenly stagnant offense without him, makes for a frustrating time in Senator land.

Hopefully they can come out with a strong effort Tuesday @ home against the Sabres. This could be a loooong (shortened) season if they can't figure out a way to manufacture offense without Spezz.

Welcome.

And yes the call was outrageous.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Just pointing out that usually the goalie makes some kind of protest when they thinks it's goalie interference. That's all.

I understand... But if a ref has to start reading body language when deciding to make a call... Then its another can of worms... If Price was livid would it make it more reasonable to make such an awful call?

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
At about 1:00 of the video, watch Price's reaction. His head lowers, he slumps and he realizes that he has let in a goal. There is no sign of him even looking for a goalie interference call.

They mentioned that on the post game show - usually if a goalie interfered with there will be an immediate response. But no one including Price thought it was interference except for the ref.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
There's a thread on the main board arguing Karlsson is better than Lidstrom...

34306625.jpg

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I stay out of any Karlsson thread on the main boards lol. Either other teams fans are being ridiculous or our fans are. Either it's a whole lot of ridiculousness going on.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
About minor female characters in a reality TV show?

:sarcasm:

Well whether or not she's female is not really the point of interest - I just wondered if Marketplace was recycling actors. Like at first she was sitting out in the car, but now she's the house sitter. So I was wondering if like she got a promotion or something.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I've had enough of the refereeing in the NHL. You can't operate a business with revenues exceeding $3-billion and have a component of it be so obviously mismanaged and downright embarrassing to the rest of the product. Where is the accountability in this game? Why won't the NHL criticize it's referees publicly? If coaches and players and managers and team owners can be fined publicly and the dollar amount and repercussions be made public, then why can't officials be treated in the same manner? We're seeing officials affect the outcome of games with their poor game management and terrible decision making. Yet, no one dares say a word against them because of the righteous hammer of Gary Bettman. It's disgusting. How is it that these officials can't even seem to manage to figure out if goals are being scored legitimately? It's the most fundamental aspect of the game. You can't even have a job more basic than determining if a goal was scored legally or not. The rules that have been built around this subject are all-encompassing and do not provide for personal interpretation. Yet somehow this idiot seemed to be the only person watching the game who thought Silfverberg interfered with Price. How long do we have to wait before every goal and the immediate actions preceding the goal are reviewed? How much more basic can it get than ensuring that when goals are scored legally that they count? Are the players and us, the fans, not owed at least that most basic privilege? So what if it adds some time to the game? No one seems to complain that we have 20 minute intermissions and dozens of official timeouts for advertisements. But suddenly reviewing the play leading up to the goal in the case of a goaltender interference is too much to bear for the viewer? Give me a break. That ref should be reassigned to high school hockey so that he can get back to refereeing at a level a little easier for him to manage.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wish there were some form of accountability for a call like this. Unfortunately we get screwed for nothing.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
As for the next game, the Sens are going to need to put the loss behind them and focus on getting more than one goal a game. Good teams find ways to win outside of bad reffing. Season is too short to go on a losing streak, Maclean will get them refocused.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Sens did deserve to get that Goal back, but they didn't play well enough to deserve a win anyways, so good for the Habs for outplaying us!

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
I am trolling yes but it's friendly & it's one post & I'm out.

Just wanted to say sorry to you guys for getting robbed. Our fanbase can't celebrate because you all know as well as I do my team will get screwed later on. Hopefully you guys come out on the right side of a team getting screwed & you get 2 points on that occasion.

I've never seen such foolish reffing ever!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad