GDT: Game 9 | Ottawa @ Montreal | Feb 3rd, 2pm | Marty Straka's Hijacking Makeshift GDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Correction. The habs got hemmed up in their own zone for a good majority of the third period. Your team was luckier than ours and your goalie played well in the third when he needed to. Your team was not significantly better by any means.

I understand what you're saying and to an extent I agree, we didn't play as well in the third. But the Habs pretty much dominated in scoring chances, and I really don't remember many chances the Senators had. In my opinion, this game could've been 5-1 if it weren't for Anderson.

It was a well-fought game, regardless. I just think the better team won today.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Well if they disallowed Prust's goal against the Senators in the first game, they sure as hell should've disallowed that one. Sorry, but things even out.

The Habs were the better team tonight regardless.

Easy to be the better team when the refs are playing for your team, but the sens outshot the habs 33-32 so i wouldn't say they were the better team, just the luckier.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
What happened to the Greening- Smith- Neil line? They were dominating the first few games, now they can't keep the puck on their sticks more than a few seconds. And I was expecting these guys to be the ones to step up with Spezza out. Very frustrating.

Marc Methot @MarcMethot3 2m
That's a really tough one to swallow.. Really tough... I know you all know what I mean too.

sdalgl72

Jan 1, 2007
Wales
Karlsson was the stand out player for me tonight, from the couple of games I have listened to this season him and Philips seem to be taking it in turns to have a great game.

I think tonight the Sens really did miss Spezza from what I know about them, because they were just missing that killer instinct in the oppositions zone. The goal that was disallowed was the clinching moment for me, although the Sens played well after that putting a lot of pressure on Montreal if that goal had been allowed it could of been a completely different result.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
WTF! Why didn't I know that we had an early game?? I blame this on the non existing GDT! :(

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
You remember Healy regarding Karlsson last season? It is just the type of role he plays in that situation. It makes for levity, contrast and entertainment, during the show.

DaCosta is going to be good as the second line center. He will likely win face-offs as well.
Zib was by far the best faceoff man in Bingo this year, and he's sucked in the NHL. I'm not holding out hope our faceoffs will be any good this year without Spezza in the lineup.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
The recap on NHL:

But the Senators may argue he in fact allowed two on Sunday.

With the Canadiens ahead 2-1 early in the second period, Senators defenseman Andre Benoit appeared to beat Price with a wrist shot from the point for his first career goal thanks to a screen by Silfverberg. But referee Brian Pochmara immediately waved the goal off, determining Silfverberg’s screen was a little too good and sending him to the box for goaltender interference. Replays appeared to suggest, however, that Silfverberg made minimal contact with Price, who was outside his crease at the time.

:laugh: damn Silfverberg is too good at screening now.

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
Damn, the refs owe your team at least 1 point. Now trade Anderson to the Western Conference (Lehner too) please.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Zib was by far the best faceoff man in Bingo this year, and he's sucked in the NHL. I'm not holding out hope our faceoffs will be any good this year without Spezza in the lineup.

for the most part it seemed to me like Zib was playing on DaCosta's wing, not the other way around. So it would seem to me that DaCosta might be a little better at faceoffs. I have not paid close enough attention to the AHL to know if this is actually the case, but in the games I saw DaCosta was fairly good... or at least better than he was when we first signed him.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I sent an email to the NHL referees association or executive council or whatever you call it. Who knows if I'll get a response but I suggest a lot of you on this board do the same. I'll post IF..... I get a response from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad