1729820495128.png

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Most damning thing as pointed out in the ass end of the GDT;

"what's this team's identity?"

"they don't have one"

And therein is the problem. What is this team? They're big but not tough. They have mobile, puck moving defenseman that can't actually move the puck anywhere but the other team's sticks. They have supposedly good two way forwards that don't seem all that interested in playing at either end of the ice. They can't even make a breakout pass without having a brain aneurism and sending it a foot behind or in front of the guy.

I'm not super anti-Montgomery like some but if it keeps going like this, something will have to change. And as the old adage goes, you can't fire the players.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Well it was an improvement over the last two games at least. I thought they at least showed-up and skated the first one half/two thirds of the first and then the keystone cops showed-up and they shot themselves in the foot (as they are wont to do). Still gave up too many chances though. May have been the worst game I’ve ever seen Brad Marchand play.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Most damning thing as pointed out in the ass end of the GDT;

"what's this team's identity?"

"they don't have one"

And therein is the problem. What is this team? They're big but not tough. They have mobile, puck moving defenseman that can't actually move the puck anywhere but the other team's sticks. They have supposedly good two way forwards that don't seem all that interested in playing at either end of the ice. They can't even make a breakout pass without having a brain aneurism and sending it a foot behind or in front of the guy.

I'm not super anti-Montgomery like some but if it keeps going like this, something will have to change. And as the old adage goes, you can't fire the players.
Undisciplined and mentally fragile.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Well it was an improvement over the last two games at least. I thought they at least showed-up and skated the first one half/two thirds of the first and then the keystone cops showed-up and they shot themselves in the foot (as they are wont to do). May have been the worst game I’ve ever seen Brad Marchand play though.
Yup, it's his worst game since Tuesday.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’m supposed to take my wife on Saturday. We have a pre-schooler so it’s a big deal for us to get out together.

Maybe I’ll just check what the secondary market looks like and go do something else instead…

Short on skill in the forward group and checked out mentally as a whole. It hasn’t been fun to watch.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Well it was an improvement over the last two games at least. I thought they at least showed-up and skated the first one half/two thirds of the first and then the keystone cops showed-up and they shot themselves in the foot (as they are wont to do). May have been the worst game I’ve ever seen Brad Marchand play though.
He probably would not even be playing if he wasn't hoping to play in the 4 nations cup.

I truly believe this. He would have sat out much longer to fully heal

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We've got confused players not covering their man, not completing easy passes, out of position all the time, no fire in the belly or hunger in their eyes.
Montgomery isn't understanding what to do with all of the new beef that was put in front of him. The players seem to be tuning him out or not sure what to do or where to be.
PK is now limping, PP is non existent and is a net zero.
Not sure if Sacco or Leach would know what to do at this point.
IMO a hard-0, no nonsense structure coach who isn't afraid to coach a dump & chase, and tight defensive system is needed. These guys are lost and confused.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Bad news bears. "Look alive out there"!

Didn't the Bad News Bears win the championship though?

He probably would not even be playing if he wasn't hoping to play in the 4 nations cup.

I truly believe this. He would have sat out much longer to fully heal
Yeah well I doubt he'll be playing in it anyway at this rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad