GDT: Game 8 | Ottawa @ Carolina | Feb 1st, 7pm | Qward's First GDT Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They are working on a phone app that the players can use to report bad ice...although it's one thing to report it and another to actually fix it. I'm not sure what they can do.

That's pretty cool, although yeah lets see how much it actually ice. I think ****** ice might be the thing I bi tch about the most during games, besides refs of course.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Bad ice or good ice, the Senators are going to struggle to score while Spezza is ont he shelf

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
That's pretty cool, although yeah lets see how much it actually ice. I think ****** ice might be the thing I bi tch about the most during games, besides refs of course.

It is a good idea but I would think you can tell by just watching on tv(like us) if the ice is bad or not. I'd rather watch a game in a cold arena with good ice than a comfortable one with ice almost turned to slush or snow.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Oh yeah...another thing. Remember everyone that hated the idea of us possibly getting Semin to play on Spezza's wing? Oh god could you imagine if Spezza actually had a winger of that calibre to play with?

He sliced through our team like a hot knife through butter, made a ton of amazing plays, and was very good defensively (as he always has been). He's also playing the third most minutes in the league among forwards.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Oh yeah...another thing. Remember everyone that hated the idea of us possibly getting Semin to play on Spezza's wing? Oh god could you imagine if Spezza actually had a winger of that calibre to play with?

He sliced through our team like a hot knife through butter, made a ton of amazing plays, and was very good defensively (as he always has been). He's also playing the third most minutes in the league among forwards.

The problem with Semin is that he doesn't look the way he did against Ottawa on most nights. I was all for offering Semin a 1 year deal, but 7 million is pretty damn steep for a guy that Kovalev's it up most nights

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The problem with Semin is that he doesn't look the way he did against Ottawa on most nights. I was all for offering Semin a 1 year deal, but 7 million is pretty damn steep for a guy that Kovalev's it up most nights

That's just not true...but to each his own. He is always dependable and very slick defensively -- sometimes he isn't on offensively but he's just not the kind of guy that looks like he's putting a lot of effort in. He gets a bad rep the same way that Karlsson does -- because he's not physical and he's not some imposing figure on the ice.

Watch Semin more and you'll see why he'd be a huge asset to any team. 7 mil is not an overpayment tbqh.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
So we lost 1-0 and people here were panicking?

How surprising!

people are panicking because we lost 1-0 in a game where the opposing goalie made no significant saves.

We lost because our offense flat out sucked. Given that we now know spezza is out for most of the season, this is something to worry about. Getting shut out by a hot goalie is one thing, getting shut out by ourselves is another.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
people are panicking because we lost 1-0 in a game where the opposing goalie made no significant saves.

We lost because our offense flat out sucked. Given that we now know spezza is out for most of the season, this is something to worry about. Getting shut out by a hot goalie is one thing, getting shut out by ourselves is another.

yeah and we scored 5 against Montreal a few nights earlier. Whether or not Ward stole the game, Carolina and Ward seem to have our number when they are on home ice. I do not see any reason to worry.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I do not think it makes much of a difference. When we start seeing us lose 1-0 for three or more games in a row then I will worry. Ellis, Ward, Carolina's arena and the Senators team just do not get along.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
It's just that there was a microscope on this particular game. Can we produce without Spezza? The score said no, but I'm willing to see what we have in Turris/Dacosta

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Ellis shut the door by the look of the highlights. I missed this game. People were saying he didn't have much work, but the highlights show that Ellis made some big saves.

If that tip from Semin and Staal does not work then we have a 0-0 game going into OT. It was just one of those games where both goalies were on their game and the D were clearing most of the rebounds.

Spezza creates a lot of offense, but this team has been offense by committee since last season. This season especially so, where all lines have been chipping in. A few good bounces in the last game and we win or tie and go to OT or a shoot-out. Carolina just got lucky.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We hardly tested Ellis in comparison to the amount of other golden chances we failed to get the puck on net. It's not like he robbed our best chances, we had way more better ones that we bobbled.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Not sure the result was anything new for a game in Carolina. Scored more than 1 goal just twice in the last 10 visits over 5 years.

Feb 01 '13 OTTAWA 0 CAROLINA 1
Dec 23 '11 OTTAWA 1 CAROLINA 2 OT
Oct 25 '11 OTTAWA 3 CAROLINA 2 SO
Mar 22 '11 OTTAWA 3 CAROLINA 4
Nov 17 '10 OTTAWA 1 CAROLINA 7
Mar 04 '10 OTTAWA 1 CAROLINA 4
Jan 10 '10 OTTAWA 1 CAROLINA 4
Mar 25 '09 OTTAWA 1 CAROLINA 2
Nov 07 '08 OTTAWA 1 CAROLINA 2
Mar 16 '08 OTTAWA 1 CAROLINA 5

I'm sure Spezza played in a majority of those games, we can't seem to score when we play in Carolina with or without Spezza.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
When you have to use Greening on the PP it's clear you're missing better options. Even having Latendresse could have helped there, let alone Spezza.

Heh: Ottawa's record with Latendresse playing: 7-0-1.

TheOriginalSilf*

When you have to use Greening on the PP it's clear you're missing better options. Even having Latendresse could have helped there, let alone Spezza.

Heh: Ottawa's record with Latendresse playing: 7-0-1.

We have 5 wins this season. Explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad