GDT: Game 7 | Senators @ Blackhawks | October 26, 7pm EST | City TV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I find Karlsson too predictable in the offensive zone and the team relies on him too much for everything related to offense. If he skates the puck in, he takes a weak shot. If they pass back to him, he almost always shoots the puck into the forward challenging him. I know he will snap out of the funk, but its frustrating to watch at the moment.

Great point. He always does the same thing: start behind his net, skate up the left side, drag a little, try a pass back or to the side and then resets. 'Hawks players have caught on and they are leaving a guy a foot or two behind him to block the passing lane. Karlsson needs to be more creative out there, this is one of the best teams in the world they're playing.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is why I worry about the state of our team. We've gotten a couple of lucky breaks this year and pulled off 4 wins. We're not even remotely close to being cup contenders, and I'd argue not a playoff contender either.

I still don't understand the direction we're headed. We have no top line talent in the system. No top 2 d-men in the system. How are we going to improve?

Yeah, it's scary. It really feels like we're going to max out as an average, middling team. We have a decent stable of kids, but none of them will evolve to be the big guns needed to be a contender.

What Buffalo is going through is really painful right now, but boy, are they ever going to be rewards well for it in the future.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
You would think a fast skating game would be the kind where EK excels but it's been the opposite. A few times I watched him skate right into a checker while trying to skate out. One time even when the checker had already fallen down near his blue line and he lost the puck for a chance on Andy. A couple of times he skated into his own man while trying to get the puck out. It's like he's out of sync with the flow of the play.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
This is why I worry about the state of our team. We've gotten a couple of lucky breaks this year and pulled off 4 wins. We're not even remotely close to being cup contenders, and I'd argue not a playoff contender either.

I still don't understand the direction we're headed. We have no top line talent in the system. No top 2 d-men in the system. How are we going to improve?

The direction is make the playoffs so Euge can get money, then hope for a round win that the team can milk as progress.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You would think a fast skating game would be the kind where EK excels but it's been the opposite. A few times I watched him skate right into a checker while trying to skate out. One time even when the checker had already fallen down near his blue line and he lost the puck for a chance on Andy. A couple of times he skated into his own man while trying to get the puck out. It's like he's out of sync with the flow of the play.

He's thinking too much. That's why I hate having the skill guys get that C and the extra scrutiny and pressure that goes with it. He's trying to play a perfect game and it's paralyzing him, so now both sides of his game are suffering.

He needs to learn to just go out and play, and just enjoy the game again.

He also needs a purely defensive partner. Most of the big guns on D around the league have that luxury of knowing their back is covered.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Reffing has been awful tonight. Not slanted against the Sens .. . just awful in general

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The camerawork this game is awful. We don't need to see shots of the ref holding up his hand, or have the camera go up Darling's nostrils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad