1729654132392.png

1729654174877.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hrdpuk

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It has nothing to do with this specific coach but it has everything to do with what they've been shown they can get away with and how they can dictate their comfort levels of who coaches them. Imo
They needed to get an asshole like Berube, Sweeney should've gone after him...
These Primadonna's need a kick in the ass.
Of course, it looks like there's no recognizable game plan/ system.
There's no way 20 "professional" players can all suck this bad.
Leadership/coaching.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It’s often the way that when a team that’s been at a high level for a long time falls into decline, almost all the players lose form and start to look bad at the same time. It’s not one or two, or just some depth players, it tends to be everybody. Loss of rhythm and confidence is infectious.

And that’s the Bruins at the moment. Amongst the guys who are carry overs from last year’s roster, only Beecher and Swayman are playing anywhere close to their ability. Hampus Lindholm has probably been ok too. That’s it. From Pasta to young Poitras, it’s a struggle across the board. Same goes for the coach. Two years of over-achieving, now looks near-clueless.

A bad, listless outing by a team that’s only falling deeper into a hole, but I’m not changing my tune. No need for knee jerk reactions. Get to Thanksgiving or so and then we’ll see where things are at that point. Can’t be complacent, but shouldn’t panic either. Both the coaching group and the players have to know now that they’re not remotely close to the mark in most areas. We’re beyond just bad puck luck or simply waiting for things to gel. So revise and simplify the game plan, get the players to have a good hard look at themselves and where they’re at, see who actually wants to take charge in the locker room and make a difference, try and get some collective buy in and see what happens in the next 2-3 weeks. They turn things around then happy days, if not, well there may be some hard decisions to be made. Just not yet, IMO.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Sweeney and Monty don’t seem to be on the same page.

Sweeney went heavier with the roster, but the players are still making extra passes and playing a finesse game. I think if you’re going to lean into this Florida style, you actually have to forecheck like Florida does. Simplify the game.

I don’t know if the coaches style fits what these players do well.. Haven’t passed the eye test yet this year besides against a bad Habs team.

Game sucked. Pasta gets 2 breakaways with nothing.. the team overall hit like 7 posts.. whatever. Let’s go home boys.

Last edited:

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Worst thing about the entire game is that when the Columbus - leafs game was 4-0 Columbus I sent a text to a couple of my leaf buddies saying “4-0 😂”. I knew it was a mistake the second I hit send. Boy am I going to hear about it tmrrw!

Reactions: Gordoff

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Worst thing about the entire game is that when the Columbus - leafs game was 4-0 Columbus I sent a text to a couple of my leaf buddies saying “4-0 😂”. I knew it was a mistake the second I hit send. Boy am I going to hear about it tmrrw!
You jinxed us.... SHAME!!!

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
That was a flat out abortion of a hockey game. There really isn’t much more to be said.
Two of the sloppiest excuses I’ve ever seen for hockey games in a row. As someone said in the GDT, it’s like the puck weighs 100lbs for them. They literally can’t play hockey with a puck. It’s brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad