Post-Game Talk: Game #69: Canucks lose 4-3 to the Washington Capitals (Matthias, Schroeder, Jensen)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooting4TheNUCKS

Feb 22, 2014
Drammen, Norway
Way better than expected

Even though we lost the game I think the Caps game where at least one step in the right direction.
Washingtons Power play is the real deal and we felt it against them.
Offensively I think this game is a huge improvement, Defense is not that bad either.
We concede 4 goals and that's obviously to much, but except from the goals against I felt that we had ok control.
Also 1 goal against on PP aswell.
Sestito's hooking penalty could easily have been a major for boarding, but ended up in a 2 min minor that resulted in a PP goal against.
Stupidity like this costs a lot of points during a season no doubt.
It's not like its the first time Sestito does this either.

I hope this performance is the start of a new era.
More of this please:)

Also I love the way Jensen played and Lack is improving.

Go Canucks, Go!

Reckage

Mar 12, 2014
For Lack's own good, he should be splitting starts with Markstrom at this point, IMO.

Would classify this as a good loss.

We are as likely to make the playoffs as someone convincing me to fly in Malaysian air space. So forget about that and recognize if we are to miss the playoffs then obviously it's best to miss them by as much as possible to get the point total down and our draft position lifted.

I say a good loss because Sedin and Burrows were beginning to resemble the players they have been and some of the younger or newer players had very good games. Jensen is looking very hopeful and Schroeder was better. Also Mathais looks like he will be very helpful moving ahead. If Markstrom becomes a player then that trade is going to look damn good in the future.

On the negative side that was a tough game for Lack. His inconsistency (good game, bad game, good game, etc... ) is to be expected. He does need work on pulling himself out of position and rebound control. I thought he was the main reason we lost tonight. However, such games gives us a chance to give Lack the type of experience he needs and having our goalie steal games does nothing to improve our chances of getting a better player in the draft. Indeed, getting rid of Luongo might be a long term God-send in that it gives us more chance of getting the younger players we need to improve.

Only got to see the first period of this game, where I thought Lack made some good saves.

Totally agree with orcatown. Over the long haul, if Lack develops into a top end goalie, we will look back on the Luongo deal as a good move. He didn't want to be here and trading him will hopefully, eventually, slow down his Tweets about the Canucks. My concern is that playing Lack in every game may be too much at this point.

I like Shareefruck's idea of alternating Lack and Markstrom. This season is toast. It was toast when we lost to Ottawa and Dallas (failed to grab available points and failed to beat a direct competitor). Realize the coach is fighting for his job and won't like playing Markstrom. However, switching back and forth gives each goalie a chance to recover and prepare for the next game.

Wetcoaster

Now all the Canucks need do is trade for Mikkel Boedker or Lars Eller and they the Danish Trio line.

1a+cheese+danish+010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad