GDT: Game 66: Columbus @ Minnesota | 8 PM ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
OK who's going to step up and make Marcus Foligno accountable for his cheap shot the last time we played? The league didn't do it, so someone should.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Marc-Andre Fleury is expected to make his Wild debut tonight.

Meanwhile we continue with our plan to destroy Elvis rather than play JF Berube.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011

Fleury to make his first start for the Wild per Svoboda

Thinking our moves are opposite of what I’d prefer. I’d take 10 minutes from Adam and let Elvis ease back in vs back-to-back Games. .:soap:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I hope either Roslovic won't play between Laine and Nyquist or Voracek will play with Roslovic and Laine. Prefer the first possibility.

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Nobody.

I also didn’t think it was that bad so..

Agreed. Marcus Foligno's hit wasn't dirty but should have been a penalty. Kinda like how Sam Bennett's hit on Cole Sillinger was dirty but should not have been a penalty.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Wait are we really trying to say that the hit wasn’t dirty now? Are we serious?

The guy stuck his damn knee out. He probably didn’t intend to do it, I can go with that, but that doesn’t mean the hit wasn’t dirty even if it wasn’t intended. He should have been penalized and suspended.

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Wait are we really trying to say that the hit wasn’t dirty now? Are we serious?

The guy stuck his damn knee out. He probably didn’t intend to do it, I can go with that, but that doesn’t mean the hit wasn’t dirty even if it wasn’t intended. He should have been penalized and suspended.
I can go with dirty yet unintentional too. But to me it was more sloppy and reckless than dirty. I was just thinking he tried to make a hockey play and butchered it as opposed to the example of Sam Bennett intentionally taking a big run at Sillinger.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
I can go with dirty yet unintentional too. But to me it was more sloppy and reckless than dirty. I was just thinking he tried to make a hockey play and butchered it as opposed to the example of Sam Bennett intentionally taking a big run at Sillinger.
I think Porty put it best in the Front and Nationwide podcast a few weeks ago.

Voracek was coming with a full head of steam, and Foligno got beat. Instinctually you will try to slow him down or stop him in any way possible, so he stuck his leg/knee out trying to slow him down. Unfortunately what happened happened.

Reactions: LJ7

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The notion of retribution is dramatically diminished in todays league. There are a number of reasons for it but fans don’t tend to like them following a nasty play like that.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013

IMO Bennett taking a run at Sillinger looked worse than it was because Sillinger was being way too casual like he had all the time in the world to load and aim for his empty netter. He was not ready for the hit at all and got completely steam rolled, but the hit itself looked mostly clean. Foligno stuck his knee out, whether intentional or not it was kneeing and should've been a penalty at least and guys get suspended for that.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Gonna let Elvis just keep playing and hope he figures it out.

Haven't liked his body language at all lately. He looks completely deflated when letting in a softie and just not very confident in general. I hope he can play through it and find his gusto again. If he has anything physical nagging at him, they should start Berube.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Not crazy about Elvis starting back to back nights, especially after he missed time recently with a tweaked back.
But I think coach Lars is seeing how he's handling a heavy workload.
Berube should start tonight.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
IMO Bennett taking a run at Sillinger looked worse than it was because Sillinger was being way too casual like he had all the time in the world to load and aim for his empty netter. He was not ready for the hit at all and got completely steam rolled, but the hit itself looked mostly clean. Foligno stuck his knee out, whether intentional or not it was kneeing and should've been a penalty at least and guys get suspended for that.
The Bennett hit? - Clean if charging were allowed.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Just found the game. Doesn’t look like I missed much on TV or on the Board

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad