GDT: Game 6 - Pens @ Isles - 6:30 PM ET - Do or Die, but Please Don't Die

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
lol @ the exact same lines/lineup

Lines aren't the issue. But we have a coach who use to have no issue juggling the lines and won't even do anything anymore + GM that was randomly fired. Tells me coach has his hands tied and doesn't even care anymore. Probably got some players or player he doesn't want. Management has favored fan sentiment over winning Championships. So here we are potentially getting knocked out in the 1st round by the Islanders again...

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Heres another joke for you guys:

107a97ca5bd4a571edcebec54a66fc32.jpg

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Lines aren't the issue. But we have a coach who use to have no issue juggling the lines and won't even do anything anymore + GM that was randomly fired. Tells me coach has his hands tied and doesn't even care anymore. Probably got some players or player he doesn't want. Management has favored fan sentiment over winning Championships. So here we are potentially getting knocked out in the 1st round by the Islanders again...

Mike Sullivan is the coach of a National Hockey League team. He controls the lineup and has from the beginning. Nobody is putting fan sentiment over winning. This is all him. For good and bad.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm not saying I personally want to do that. I'm just saying it may happen.

I know. I'm just saying, from a Burke/Hextall perspective, why would moving Malkin or Letang make sense? There's a whole bunch of supporting pieces they could change up before doing that.

Worst case scenario (for them) is play out the final year of both their deals to see if, with the proper tweaks, we can be a contender next season, *then* think about not re-signing them after that. I just can't see a way to move on from one or both those guys AND still contend during Crosby's career.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm not buying that, despite all the hype about it happening. Lots of other high dollar contracts can be moved first.
I 100% agree. You better believe I don't want to see it happen. I'm just saying it's a possibility, and as such it has heightened meaning for me.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Mike Sullivan is the coach of a National Hockey League team. He controls the lineup and has from the beginning. Nobody is putting fan sentiment over winning. This is all him. For good and bad.

Management has made a player who isn't built for playoff hockey untradeable. That's fan sentiment over Championships.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I know. I'm just saying, from a Burke/Hextall perspective, why would moving Malkin or Letang make sense? There's a whole bunch of supporting pieces they could change up before doing that.

Worst case scenario (for them) is play out the final year of both their deals to see if, with the proper tweaks, we can be a contender next season, *then* think about not re-signing them after that. I just can't see a way to move on from one or both those guys AND still contend during Crosby's career.
As far as I'm concerned, this core deserves to play here until they retire. No matter what the cost, or forfeit of compensation.

edit: we already were forced to lose Fleury. I'd rather not lose the other 3.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
As far as I'm concerned, this core deserves to play here until they retire. No matter what the cost, or forfeit of compensation.

edit: we already were forced to lose Fleury. I'd rather not lose the other 3.

To me it's less about deserving (this is a business) than about logic. Letang is playing 36 minutes. You're going to trade him? LOL. Malkin carries the team when Crosby can't. One of the greatest playoff performers ever. No reason to trade him. It's change for change's sake. None of those three are the problem.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
To me it's less about deserving (this is a business) than about logic. Letang is playing 36 minutes. You're going to trade him? LOL. Malkin carries the team when Crosby can't. One of the greatest playoff performers ever. No reason to trade him. It's change for change's sake. None of those three are the problem.
That too, but the fact they are still producing means something too.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Never get out of the boat! Once you do.... For what? Mango-als...

F-it!!! We don't need this F-ing shit!

Let's go Tiger....! Which ever way it ends up being, eye of, or eaten alive...

"NEVER GET OUT OF THE F-ING BOAT!"

Where's the Tylenol?

Holy SHIT!!!!

DO SOMETHING!

:laugh:

“I wanted an elimination game. And for my sins, they gave me one.”

Reactions: Shearypwnskunitz

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Just realized the game is in a few minutes. The times this series have been all over the place.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
I am going into this game with no expectations. I feel less invested in this season and these playoffs. Hopefully we win but if we don't hopefully Sully is canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad