GDT: Game #54: Pens play in the Litter Box Feb 8th 7:00 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Right, right.

It's like they want to be proven right at detriment to the team of reasons to be rid of him instead of playing him (even at center on line 3) where he's most comfortable. A blind squirrel can see that nuts case to crack. As soon as Jake went down they forced him right back there and what do you expect to happen?

It's all about who you give him as linemates. Guys with roles to support your best given player on a line.

Kahun, McCann, Galchenyuk are going to be suspect defensively, but their speed, and some defensive flashes should keep that to a minimum.

I actually like that line when it was together. I wouldn't hate it as a 3rd even if I think McCann is not gonna be all that great in that role, I think offense there.

It doesn't seem like that's possible with how things are going with injuries and their view of him.

Huh? Kahun and McCann are both extremely solid two way players?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Just because he is getting paid doesn’t mean it’s not a crap time for him. And it’s not like I’m sobbing for the guy here. It’s a matter of empathy for a guy I think has a lot more to offer, probably knows he has a lot more to offer, and most definitely feels like he’s letting down his new team. We’ve heard over and over by sully himself that it’s not a lack of effort from him. Bad fit or mismanagement, it’s still a poor situation for a decently young player. And anyone who’s been in any sort of team sport environment can attest that it’s a pretty awful feeling to let down your mates.

Well, yeah... HE should be the one who feels bad. Team sports, yes, you have the feels for your team mates, but professional level team sports - no time for or place for sympathy, it is what it is and he isn't so no (bad) feelings to him, just move on from him. I'm not mad at him, he just doesn't fit.
It's unfortunate more than anything. Penguins really need(ed) him to work out.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
He obviously doesn’t want to address it until the swelling goes down and they have a course of action...of course, he could at least confirm the broken bone...ridiculous statement

What a joke of an update on him. Like it's a big f***ing secret he got plowed in the face with the puck.
That statement confirms the break for me, now I'm just worried it's WORSE than this 3-6 week stuff. (I think you posted that article with cheek injuries from players that returned in 3 weeks(ish))?

Swelling or not dr's should know what the extent of the injury is already. Swelling has nothing to do with diagnosing broken bones... either it is or it is not.

Like I said, this makes me think it is worse.

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

More than anything I'm glad they aren't abandoning the two goalie approach. MM was good outside of his 2 iffy goals last game. No reason to bench him for it, but keep rotating and if one goes on a roll, play him again.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Well, yeah... HE should be the one who feels bad. Team sports, yes, you have the feels for your team mates, but professional level team sports - no time for or place for sympathy, it is what it is and he isn't so no (bad) feelings to him, just move on from him. I'm not mad at him, he just doesn't fit.
It's unfortunate more than anything. Penguins really need(ed) him to work out.
You can have your view where professional athletes are no longer humans and are robots for our entertainment. I’ll maintain an empathetic approach for all ppl regardless of income or profession. Except for Tom wilson.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He obviously doesn’t want to address it until the swelling goes down and they have a course of action...of course, he could at least confirm the broken bone...ridiculous statement

Or he doesn’t want to address it until he’s forced to because it’s Sullivan. We’ll get a tweet saying he had surgery tomorrow morning.

Reactions: LOGiK and Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

I thought they already said that, and they are in Florida, and probably want their doctors dealing with it. It's not life threatening, and as you said, they are waiting for swelling to go down for a couple days. Makes the Monday target good for first thing Monday follow up and treatment.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You can have your view where professional athletes are no longer humans and are robots for our entertainment. I’ll maintain an empathetic approach for all ppl regardless of income or profession. Except for Tom wilson.
So just because I don't feel bad for Galchenyak I'm unsympathetic and that I view players as robots for my entertainment? Then you say your sympathetic for all people except certain people? I don't get your point there.

The only person I think is a robot with his interviews and machine like work ethic.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Or he doesn’t want to address it until he’s forced to because it’s Sullivan. We’ll get a tweet saying he had surgery tomorrow morning.

MS loves to do that. 'so and so is OK after successful such and such surgery and will be here and there recovery time'

I think MS has an injury update template by now where he just plugs in a name and the tweets are already finished. With the way injuries are going this season...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm watching XFL waiting for the penguins game to start and I gotta say, both games have been extremely entertaining. Loving some of the rule changes. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I would love to see that 3v3 hockey league get tv time ... say... in the off-season. Something to watch and 3v3 could be an interesting thing as a league.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Here’s more specific tally of Q’s record against the Pens, as I was only counting since 2010-11 season....upshot: we suck against him...

Reactions: KIRK

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
So just because I don't feel bad for Galchenyak I'm unsympathetic and that I view players as robots for my entertainment? Then you say your sympathetic for all people except certain people? I don't get your point there.

The only person I think is a robot with his interviews and machine like work ethic.
You literally said no time or room for sympathy in pro sports. Then I made a joke about Tom wilson... I don’t care if you don’t feel bad for gally, but don’t try to convince me not to. That’s pretty much it.

and I also didn’t say you weren’t sympathetic. I was saying I felt empathy for a person. Different things my man.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Thank you for the Update.

giphy.gif

Elk ready for battle
giphy.gif

Moose hits the Hot Tub
white-moose.jpg

OP Revised accordingly

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You literally said no time or room for sympathy in pro sports. Then I made a joke about Tom wilson... I don’t care if you don’t feel bad for gally, but don’t try to convince me not to. That’s pretty much it.

I asked you why.

So you're a bleeding heart kinda person thats fine. I don't understand it, but thats fine. I'm not trying to convince you I'm just saying that this guy lives a life few ever get to experience. There is plenty to be sympathetic about, but a professional athlete not performing well... I dont get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad