GDT: Game #5 Blues host Kings 7pm CT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Did they say what happened to Kostin in the post game interviews?

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Ya know, after Thomas looked like garbage last year and Tarasenko seemed to have lost a huge step following multiple surgeries, I never would have said told you so when people regularly said "A Thomas-Tarasenko line would be insane". But here we are, 3 years after winning the Stanley Cup, and you mofos were f'ckin right! And GOD does it feel good to have 3 first lines on this team

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Is it just me, or is our media kind of cringe for post-game interviews (well, any interviews actually)?
It's the same all around the league now that locker room access is cut off. Those reporters are asking specific questions to try and get specific quotes about specific topics in order to write the specific story they want. Their job during media availability is to get quotes for their articles, not to make good TV. That is even more true when everything is by zoom and they have less (or no) off-camera access to the players.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Is it just me, or is our media kind of cringe for post-game interviews (well, any interviews actually)?

It's not just you, they either ask the most predictable, cliched questions or something awkward that doesn't fully make sense. At one presser recently one of the reporters (Thomas I think) mangled the question so badly that Chief didn't know how to answer it.

I'm just thankful they didn't bring up the trade request because Vladi already looked like he wanted to fight someone when he was asked to break down his goal for the second time.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I read that O'Reilly has, as of this morning, been placed on The Blues' Covid Protocol list. Does that mean he has to test negative for 2 days in a row to return to The Blues' active roster? Does anyone know if he has taken The Vaccine?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I was very happy with Husso's play. He still had a couple worrying moments where he poorly executed a reverse VH to seal the post, but luckily he didn't get burned either time. He was tracking pucks very well tonight and his movements laterally were very compact. Great start to the season for him and I hope it is a sign that he has in fact taken the next step. Getting league average goaltending over a 25-30 start workload would be a massive boost to this team. One game shouldn't alter the goalie rotation, so I still expect Binner on Thursday/Saturday and for Husso's next game to come in next week's back to back.

This is the absolute dream start for Tarasenko. 3 goals, 6 points and 26 shots through 5 games, which makes him the league-leader in shots so far. He was the best player on the ice during our lone national broadcast and his 1st goal last night was the best goal of the night around the league. He looks great and he's already had 2 nights where he has been at the forefront of the national spotlight. Any questions about whether he can play like his old self have been answered. If he can stay healthy, he is back to being an elite offensive player. Teams should absolutely have hesitancy about his durability, but the question should no longer be "what player is he at this point in his career?" I don't want to speculate about what he wants. Until he publicly says "I withdraw my trade request," all we are doing is over-analyzing the things the player/team/agent choose to make public. If he has changed his mind that is fantastic. If he hasn't changed his mind, then he is doing everything he can to boost his trade value. I'd be stunned if Army hasn't received some calls expressing fresh interest. There are already a number of teams with playoff aspirations who are watching their season start to slip away. The Metro looks like it is going to be a bloodbath where all 8 teams view themselves as playoff teams and stay in the hunt all year (Columbus shouldn't be, but it appears Elvis just might make good on his desire to win the Vezina to honor Kivlenieks). Demand is probably increasing and Tarasenko has shown that he is back. This is exactly what everyone wanted when it became clear that Tarasenko was coming to camp.

This group is clearly having a lot of fun, which is easy when you are 5-0 to start the year. However, I have heard the Vail trip mentioned by at least 3 different players as a great way to start the year and get back to "normal" off-ice routines. We'll see how the team responds to actual adversity, but this group is starting to sell me on the idea that the COVID restrictions impacted our culture more than it did other teams. I'm pretty far from saying that you can throw the previous 15 months in the garbage. But I do think some guys need to turn off the hockey part to unwind more than others and that was much harder to do last season than it usually is. Again, it is easy to be loose when things are going well, but I'm leaning closer to the notion that part of our struggles were COVID related.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
It's not just you, they either ask the most predictable, cliched questions or something awkward that doesn't fully make sense. At one presser recently one of the reporters (Thomas I think) mangled the question so badly that Chief didn't know how to answer it.

I'm just thankful they didn't bring up the trade request because Vladi already looked like he wanted to fight someone when he was asked to break down his goal for the second time.

I'd bet a large sum of money that they were explicitly told that the trade request was off limits in post-game media availability. Most likely by the team. If not, then absolutely by Tarasenko's representation. If the team told them, then their credentials to get into those zoom meetings was on the line. If the agent told them not to ask, then that conversation would be "if you ask, he is going to say no comment and then it is the last time he or myself will answer any of your questions." The team and Tarasenko doesn't want it to be a story right now. If he is considering staying, then it is in everyone's best interest to give him space to make that decision. If the relationship is broken beyond repair, then talking about it does nothing but hurt his trade value. He and the team want to focus on the current games, so it would be crazy for them to not tell reports that the trade request is off limits.

Every question was an attempt to ask him about his feelings without actually asking about his feelings. It is obvious that they wanted to ask about it and the only reason they wouldn't is if they were told not to.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
I read that O'Reilly has, as of this morning, been placed on The Blues' Covid Protocol list. Does that mean he has to test negative for 2 days in a row to return to The Blues' active roster? Does anyone know if he has taken The Vaccine?
He is announced to be out at least 10 days. Means hes probably got some symptoms since they arent just questioning if its false positive.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
He is announced to be out at least 10 days. Means hes probably got some symptoms since they arent just questioning if its false positive.
Where did you see that? It isn't in the Blues' announcement.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw JR's tweet:

My guess is that is Berube speculation and not set in stone. I'm not confident that Berube's answer is more than just his best guess.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
@Meatball did you call me out, you tagged me? Saw it when I wake up, but it might have been deleted by Admins.

Can you write again what was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad