GDT: Game #5 Blues host Kings 7pm CT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Great game from
HUSSO
FC595672-9FB5-4F69-BA92-D752F8C98CE1.gif

Sniping by Vlad
64F02038-9DC7-42B9-8CBA-84C18C8D97B9.gif

And a great defensive effort by the Team
F2A1BE39-94A7-4472-B540-6106D3691857.gif

Congratulations on another Win. Thank you for being so welcoming yet again.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Three main takeaways, one this game specific, the other 2 in general.

1. Husso looked completely different from last season, this is what we thought he could be from his play in the minors. If he can perform with a sv% of 91% or better, then we can challenge for the division. It's a combo of not dropping games when Binnington needs a rest, and having someone to come in if Binnington hits a slump. A quality backup has a pretty significant impact on final standings.

2. Coaches. They clearly put in work over the summer and have made key tweaks to our transition and PK, and it's paying off big time. Especially in transition, the team speed is dramatically improved. This was an area I was worried about, but props to the group.

3. Tarasenko. His skating is the best it's been in years. His speed, stamina, and agility are back from his younger days. Obvious that he put work in to focus a bit more on cardio and a bit less on bulk, and he's just a much more dangerous player because of it. On top of that, he's engaged all over the ice, back-checking hard. If he plays like this, Army isn't trading him regardless of the offer.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Is Buchnevic the new Perron when it comes to penalties?
He needs to be more careful. I'm pretty sure I saw Buch rough up a Kings player at center ice between plays...maybe 2nd period. Anyone else catch that. That could have been a penalty and I'm about 90% sure it was Buch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad