Post-Game Talk: Game #49: Phoenix 1, Canucks 0 - No 7 minute penalties! PROGRESS!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
So that we can have a forward covering for him at the point? This hasn't worked out so well. I know you are half-kidding, but I do get what you are saying though. We need to get more traffic up front especially on our PP. We also need to get sustained pressure for more than 20 seconds at a time on our PP, hold the zone (better passing to the point please) and pounce on any rebounds.

I agree with this to an extent. I don't think we're putting our guys in a position to get any of those "lucky bounces". Not a great netfront pressence 5 on 5 and an underwhelming one of the PP.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Am I the only one freaking out about Henrik's potential injury? If he's out for an extended period of time our year is pretty much done.

Honestly? No. I dare say an injury may do him some good because he'll actually have to take a bloody break. The man leaves a workhorse in awe, and Garrett made a notable point citing the sheer amount of games he's played beyond the seasonal Ironman streak.

Additionally, a loss of that significance would tank us in the standings. I won't advocate losing, but I almost prefer it to what we're doing now.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
This team is a joke.

Sedins look like they are 40. No effing help there.

Kesler is the only one that seems to care but 1 guy against 20 cant do ****. Fire gillis as he seems to be petrified and frozen in place...wont do **** all.

Is that a matter of choice, as you're making it out to be? Or could there be something not quite so simple going on... ?

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Those Presidents' Trophies that apparently don't mean anything because "it's the regular season" would look awfully nice right about now, eh?

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Don't compare our top 6 to anything close to any of that, because we can't even compete with those teams in a 7 game series. The lack of skill will just be exposed even more than in the regular season.

L.A is a different animal altogether but we've competed against STL just fine so far this year. Don't know what you're arguing - that we're not quite as good as the Kings? I thought everyone knew that...

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
You think he's waiting on R O'R?

Not even that. 29 or so other GM's right now are trying to make the sort of significant trade the fans here want to see, but for the most part it hasn't been happening at all.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
1-0 and the board erupts... :shakehead

On a positive note of cold-comfort quality, the recent lack of classy hockey discussions has been exchanged for some good slap-stick.

Yes the team is on a bad streak, had tough opposition, injuries, new system, lack of good prospects and what-else. Yes the team is not among the favourites for the cup any-more, not president's trophy or perhaps not even play-off. The fan base seems a bit spoiled (and sad) as it isn't ages ago the team didn't make play-offs.

Cheer up ffs, we know that the team can do better than this and that they will put this streak behind them.

Now over to building the fragile morale of the fan base:

Let's have a black celebration
Black Celebration
Tonight

To celebrate the fact
That we've seen the back
Of another black day
I look to you
How you carry on
When all hope is gone
Can't you see

Your optimistic eyes
Seem like paradise
To someone like
Me

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
LOL. All the people in this thread *****ing about what D. Sedin said after the game. Just watched it and he was hard on himself, says they need to score goals and they suck offensively right now and they just have to be better, especially on the power play. Then they said aside from not scoring goals, they played 'okay' but they need to be better.

1 goal against, defensively they played fine. 0 goals for, they were the ***** offensively. What did Daniel say that was wrong? :laugh:

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Should've done his job back in the summer then, eh?

Don't give me that. Had he done his job, like you said, then Luongo would've been gone. But somehow I don't think you're going to use that against him. Can't have it both ways... :laugh:

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Don't give me that. Had he done his job, like you said, then Luongo would've been gone. But somehow I don't think you're going to use that against him. Can't have it both ways... :laugh:

Has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with addressing this teams wholes. If I can easily identify them for years, why hasn't Gillis?

PRNuck

May 20, 2009
Calgary
Mike Smith had been struggling mightily. Leave it to the Canucks dreadful offense to turn his fortunes around.

This is what makes me most mad about this game. I hate that ****er.

I hope I'm not overreacting, but I've forgotten what it means to be happy.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This is what makes me most mad about this game. I hate that ****er.

I hope I'm not overreacting, but I've forgotten what it means to be happy.

It's not as if we had much offensive pressure either. We looked very anemic. What bothered me a lot is the PP we had to finish the game for 4 minutes. Did we even get one scoring chance on that?

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with addressing this teams wholes. If I can easily identify them for years, why hasn't Gillis?

Gillis spent his spare offseason time studying the team's sleep patterns, *****ing to the league about previous reffing calls, and hiring motivational speakers... There simply wasn't any time left to assess the teams weaknesses in talent and offense and correct such trivial things!

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
This team is done.

Has nothing to do with just this game.

They can't score and their PP is embarrassing. That doesn't get things done.

You can say "they only lost 1-0" all you want but it's a good indicator of what this team is and likely will still be even if they get to the playoffs.

Which isn't a given.

That and the fact 7 of the Canucks will be playing in the Olympics also does not bode well for them.

I said before they will finish 8th at best and possibly 9th and I stick to it.

Don't get your hopes up; only going to be disappointed.

Last edited:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I thought the Canucks had a number of great chances last night and couldn't bury them.

Disclaimer: that "number" is probably two ;)

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
That was depressing.

We all know what the team needs are, and I'm sure Gillis is trying to make a deal, but GMs don't get paid to try.

I guess the good news is that the schedule gets easier and Burrows should help, but the tale of this season has already been told: the Canucks aren't good enough.

I haven't heard any updates on Santorelli or Henrik, but if they're both out for any extended period of time, look out.

PRNuck

May 20, 2009
Calgary
That was depressing.

We all know what the team needs are, and I'm sure Gillis is trying to make a deal, but GMs don't get paid to try.

I guess the good news is that the schedule gets easier and Burrows should help, but the tale of this season has already been told: the Canucks aren't good enough.

I haven't heard any updates on Santorelli or Henrik, but if they're both out for any extended period of time, look out.

It's ok, we're pretty deep down the middle.

:sarcasm:

dc

May 11, 2010
Monterrey, Mexico
That was depressing.

Based on Burrows play this year, it'll take more than him to help turn the corner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad