GDT: Game 47: Anaheim Ducks @ Dallas Stars, 5pm PT, BSSC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It’s amazing how many of you, pencil in lacombe into future pairings with the likes of minty luneau Zellwegger. Lacombe is Benoit 2.0( a minute munching player we use as to not rush the true d core) but doesn’t even hit anyone. He has 0 chance being part of the ducks future. He absolutely sucks. He isn’t a teenager, he’s old enough to where this might be who he is.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
It’s amazing how many of you, pencil in lacombe into future pairings with the likes of minty luneau Zellwegger. Lacombe is Benoit 2.0 but doesn’t even hit anyone. He has 0 chance being part of the ducks future. He absolutely sucks. He isn’t a teenager, he’s old enough to where this might be who he is.

Lacombe has more skill in his pinky than Benoit. He is not currently a top pair D but let's not act like he's some bum that's a finished product.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
It’s amazing how many of you, pencil in lacombe into future pairings with the likes of minty luneau Zellwegger. Lacombe is Benoit 2.0 but doesn’t even hit anyone. He has 0 chance being part of the ducks future. He absolutely sucks. He isn’t a teenager, he’s old enough to where this might be who he is.
He's a rookie playing on his offside. It's a little too early to say he absolutely sucks.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
It’s amazing how many of you, pencil in lacombe into future pairings with the likes of minty luneau Zellwegger. Lacombe is Benoit 2.0( a minute munching player we use as to not rush the true d core) but doesn’t even hit anyone. He has 0 chance being part of the ducks future. He absolutely sucks. He isn’t a teenager, he’s old enough to where this might be who he is.

L

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He's still got time to learn and defensemen can have weird trajectories. This is his first full season and it's only barely halfway over. He's shown enough flashes of playing the right way that I'd say this is premature.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Lacombe has more skill in his pinky than Benoit. He is not currently a top pair D but let's not act like he's some bum that's a finished
He's a rookie playing on his offside. It's a little too early to say he absolutely sucks.
even the games on his correct side. The mistakes are egregious. I really really want to be wrong about this kid. I will gladly eat crow if he turns it around.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
He's still got time to learn and defensemen can have weird trajectories. This is his first full season and it's only barely halfway over. He's shown enough flashes of playing the right way that I'd say this is premature.
Hey, I truly hope you’re right. Really

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Right now, he's a rookie being used on the top line (on his off-side) to help shelter other young defensemen like Minty and Zell. LaCombe made one egregious play in this game and then the next shift, steals the puck, leads the rush, and dishes it off the Terry heading into the Ozone. Ups and downs for the rookie.

Although LaCombe doesn't hit like Manson, he plays physical like Lindholm. That's why LaCombe plays on the PK, he'll move people in front of the net instead of pirouette around them. Also, LaCombe's got speed. He needs to train playing with a tighter gap b/c of that speed, which is what Cronin identified at the beginning of the season.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
He’s playing the left side. He starts every shift on the left. Fowler is playing the right side. Yet they somehow manage to always switch mid shift.
He played his offside his entire college career right? One would think, that’s where he should be most comfortable. I don’t see him as an intelligent player either. I just don’t see any reality where anyone can logically pencil him into our future core ( at this point in time) it’s more likely he’s on the Benoit trajectory. We will probably give him more than enough time to develop, but he won’t stick. Although, Benoit didn’t have stud d prospects coming up behind him. I think lacombe truly has to show something the rest of the season to stay around. Since we know fowler ain’t going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad