GDT: Game 46: Oilers in Vegas - 8 pm - SN West

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
That was a great period by the Oilers... but just can't cash their many chances.

Hill has played well when he's had to as well.

Oilers should by rights have the lead but it's not chances that count... it's goals.

I honestly didn't know what type of game this would be after 10 days of rust building up... but overall the Oilers have looked good and you knew the Knights would play this game hard like a playoff game to break the streak... so this is obviously no easy road game.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Thought the same thing.

Then they say skinner is having a great game. He could have had a nap that period.

Great period.

All the posters that were ready to jump ship in the first period about Vegas being deeper and bigger etc can hold the narrative for at least another 20 mins.

Let’s lay down a clinic in the 3rd and kill this Adin Hill thing that’s been going on.
Would be a big psychological win, although I forget we did beat them once already

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Man, Draisaitl needs a half decent passer on his line. Kane, playing well- can’t pass. Foegele seems to be having a tough game with the puck tonight.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
We need point shots, I said the same thing in the playoffs. Simple hockey, one time the rebounds and score on weird knuckle pucks etc.
We've thrown a lot of pucks on net through traffic tonight. Our D have taken 19 of our 64 shot attempts. Every so often you need to let the skilled guys cook, and they have, but it just hasn't been our night finishing. Any given night this is a 5-1 game right now.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Draisaitl has been atrocious tonight. Holds onto the puck way too long and that's how he gets into trouble. That and forcing passes. It's like the game moves too fast for him sometimes and he hesitates.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Draisaitl has been atrocious tonight. Holds onto the puck way too long and that's how he gets into trouble. That and forcing passes. It's like the game moves too fast for him sometimes and he hesitates.
Yeah. I mentioned that earlier. He keeps just cornering himself and then my ass clenches waiting for a maybe backhand pass turnover lol

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I think we need to upgrade on Foegele for the playoffs... He is not a true top6 guy

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Side note but the prospect of having to play these guys (with biased officiating) in the 1st f***ing round is nightmarish.
Gotta be able to beat everyone to win. It's almost inevitable to play these guys in the first round at this point.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Is it me or that save on food contest is a bit lame?
What do you even get with 200 $ of grocery shopping.

Reactions: Homesick

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
We should be up.

Draisaitl is frustrating me tonight

He's too slow moving the puck; and neither Foegele or Kane are guys that are going to skate with the puck, so it's always funneling through Drai. He occasionally has games like this, and it's why he needs a proper puck carrying winger .

Overall I like the lineup, but I would swap McLeod and Foegele.

Reactions: Duke74

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Draisaitl typically benefits from McLeod or McDavid creating space for him with their speed. It gives him the time to find the seams and create plays.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
We are definitely not playing the game that got the win streak. Seem to want to send a message to Vegas that we can outskill them. Not wise. And gotta remember Vegas will add 30M of cap to their roster for playoffs. Eichel and Theodore caps X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad