GDT: Game 41: Columbus at Phoenix | 1/2 9PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bizzz*

Umburger has scored more goals than Atkinson. And people complain about Cam on the 4th and RJ on the top lines. Well, at least he can win a board battle or park his azz in front of the net.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I didn't think Umberger played that well. I'm tired of players passing him the puck only to see it go flying off his stick. He wasn't terrible, but there's no middle ground with him. He either turns it over or scores. At least Johansen and Foligno can possess the puck, skate with it, and put it on another player's stick.

Yeah he scored and that's great, I'll take it every time. But I think Foligno and Johansen were much better tonight than he was.

Last edited:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Umberger haters in full force tonight when he played one of his better games of the season. Ok then.

Big win. Good for Mac

A few but not all... in the end his goal was not needed other than insurance... That said, those that follow the team closely know he's playing well relative to last last season but in no way is he putting up points equal to his contarct....

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Umburger has scored more goals than Atkinson. And people complain about Cam on the 4th and RJ on the top lines. Well, at least he can win a board battle on park his azz in front of the net.

I do not agree with your Atkinson criticisms in the past, but I do agree with this. It's not fair.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
A few but not all... in the end his goal was not needed other than insurance... That said, those that follow the team closely know he's playing well relative to last last season but in no way is he putting up points equal to his contarct....

I agree with this.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
but Umby doesn't park himself in front of the net...he used to...he went in interview that he was gonna park himself in the crease all night a few games ago and still hasn't found it...

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 31m

#CBJ Umberger with his 113th goal as a Blue Jacket, ties David Vyborny for No 2 on franchise list. Rick Nash is tops of course.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
In terms of being in the playoff race - every team is really, except the Sabres. Even the Panthers have gotten closer. Watching the scores is not going to be good for our collective hearts because any progress will be a lot slower than it seems, and any step backwards will be more like falling down a flight of stairs.

It really bothers me, though, that the Caps and Wings have less ROW's than us but are 5 wins ahead. That shootout, doe.

bizzz*

He's on pace for 23 goals. Find me available 23 goals scorer UFA and sign him for 4.5 mil. Look what Clarkson and Clowe got this off season. Clarkson scored more than 20 goals only once in his career. Clowe has done it only twice. Umby is doing it every year.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 31m

#CBJ Umberger with his 113th goal as a Blue Jacket, ties David Vyborny for No 2 on franchise list. Rick Nash is tops of course.

Old news... if Portzline was progressive he would have posted Nathan Horton won his first game ever played as a Blue Jacket.... but no, he continues to be a homer tweeking about Umburger..

Portzline needs two weeks in dry dock...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Mark ‏@RedditCBJ 4m
Rick Nash goals per game with Columbus: 0.429. Nathan Horton goals per game with Columbus: 1.00. Case closed. #CBJ

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Old news... if Portzline was progressive he would have posted Nathan Horton won his first game ever played as a Blue Jacket.... but no, he continues to be a homer tweeking about Umburger..

Portzline is not with the team... Mitchell is. So...

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

lolwut? :help:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Mark ‏@RedditCBJ 4m
Rick Nash goals per game with Columbus: 0.429. Nathan Horton goals per game with Columbus: 1.00. Case closed. #CBJ

:laugh: I feel bad for Rick... great player with marginal heart... I don't think he'll make the HOF.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
JJ's missed the net waaaay too much. If I was coach I'd give him 200 pucks and a net and have him shoot it into the net until his arms ached. No posts.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Anyone else notice Johansen dig the puck out and saucer pass it into the slot with nobody there like three times tonight?

If we want to have someone score 40 goals, they should just dump the puck and have Johansen retrieve while another forward goes to the slot.

JJ's missed the net waaaay too much. If I was coach I'd give him 200 pucks and a net and have him shoot it into the net until his arms ached. No posts.

Agreed. Johnson's let downs this season, IMO, have been less defensive and more offensive. I can take his defensive play, but he isn't putting up the points to compensate largely because he goes "POWER!" and just blasts the puck in the general direction of the goal, ultimately either missing it or injuring an innocent bystander.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Anyone else notice Johansen dig the puck out and saucer pass it into the slot with nobody there like three times tonight?

If we want to have someone score 40 goals, they should just chip and have Johansen retrieve while another forward goes to the slot.

We all know the answer to this. Put Horton in front of the net on Johansen's line.

thebus2288*

WOW that's the goal that's gonna get the defenders out?!? In what way did RJ Umberger have a good game tonight? And the reason he has as many goals as Atkinson is because of golden opportunities he gets on the ice because of quality linemates and his overall time on ice. Where should Umberger be ranked in average forward TOI on this team? Where is he ranked?? Why doesn't he get bumped down to the 4th line with no PP time after poor outings(with an 's')??

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I was not expecting Horton to do much tonight, most NHL players after six months off need time to get up to speed, but scoring the winning goal was beyond expectations...

Great win... a must win...

Now, win four more in a row Nate!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad