Post-Game Talk: Game 4 Capitals vs Islanders 7:30 PM (continued...)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Unfortunately he goes to the box on every hit while Martin and Clutterbuck have apparently nabbed the star from the mario games.

I still want to know why the MoJo leg slicing isn't talked about more. If we operate under the idea that it wasn't intentional it is still epically careless... but that's ignoring the fact that it was as blatant as it comes.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What was the adjustment? I must have missed it. I saw at least 8, 74 and 19 in their usual spots.

Brouwer was circling out of the slot on clear set plays - it happened 2 or 3 times... I cant describe it well but it was not just trying to set up Ovi as usual. With only 1 PP to remember, my memory is fogged by... victory!

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2010
I really like Wilson, he's a hoot out there but he plays so close to the edge it scares me. One time he could rally the team with a big hit, next time he costs them a goal sitting in the box. He needs to find a happy medium. At least he's showing emotion.

Also very impressed with Orpik tonight. As Pierre said, "one tough hombre." Skate in the face and was lingering after taking a puck (I think?) in OT. Just a beast.

And overtime in playoffs just kill me haha. An emotional rollercoaster, I can hardly handle it. "Go go go! No no no! Get back! Thank god! Grab that!" Repeat endlessly until happiness or depression. :laugh:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Home game, Isles down to five defenseman, and a dramatic win tonight looks potentially good for the Caps. Don't let up and keep hitting.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I still want to know why the MoJo leg slicing isn't talked about more. If we operate under the idea that it wasn't intentional it is still epically careless... but that's ignoring the fact that it was as blatant as it comes.

On the Orpik offsides when Laich pushed him, he got his skate up high onto Orpiks leg. I slowmo'd that to be sure. His skate was very close to Orpiks calf. Last game, he also kicked his leg up on Gleason behind the net.

Little Mule Kicker. Only short players do that.

#Verbeek

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
What did Bura do to impress you? He seemed like the bad version of Johansson for most of the night, imo. Played around the perimeter, but lost the puck whenever he was challenged along the boards. He airmailed his one real good chance high and wide.
I generally agree with your evaluation, but Halak shouldered that shot away.

I do like having another threat to score a non-dirty goal in the lineup, but they're going to attacking him on the walls.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
how did we look? i just saw the overtime, we looked really good, but were unlucky. did we get ourselves halack'd? kuzma looked good in the offensive zone, stole the puck, but in the D-zone lost the puck. Bura got wheels, but gets hit and loses the puck. Bakie is so good and of course our hero - the broken stick finally showed up in the crucial moment :yo:

Marshall

A Mahoney guy
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
What was the adjustment? I must have missed it. I saw at least 8, 74 and 19 in their usual spots.

To my eyes, it was more willing to work on the other (right) side of the PP, and be willing for Carlson and the others shoot and work plays. The Isles tried to jump a traditional Carlson at point pass to Ovechkin. I did see at least one pass to Ovechkin that was a bank off the boards behind the net to his usual office.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Brouwer was circling out of the slot on clear set plays - it happened 2 or 3 times... I cant describe it well but it was not just trying to set up Ovi as usual. With only 1 PP to remember, my memory is fogged by... victory!
I saw what you did. Brouwer coming out almost to the half-wall. It opened some things up. We would have kept more zone time if Carlson hadn't forced a pass to Ovie.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Orpik was hit by a beer at the end of the game.

Stay classy Islander fans. Talk trash and taunt all game and lose and do that crap

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
This is where home ice can be a huge advantage for us... we are a big team and the longer the series goes - the more of an advantage we have.

I'm getting a ticket for Thursdays game for game 5. Gotta make the phone booth HYPED Thursday...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad