GDT: Game 4 Boston@Carolina - “If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
i think i've solved the mystery of our powerplay futility. I think the canes have a noble, but fundamentally flawed understanding of what power play means. :sarcasm:

slavin power play program canes.png

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
We are unable to get to "our game" because we can't control the puck. We play fast because we move the puck. But we can't move the puck because we can't handle it. The Bruins know this, so they're just pressuring the puck all over the ice, daring us to make a skilled play. This is what's killing our power play. If we were able to make two quick, short, crisp passes, we'd have an open net, because the Bruins are basically ignoring our two guys in the middle. They're on the point men and on the boards. They know they can pressure us and turn us over.

I know I'm fighting a losing battle with this "power play coach" idea that will somehow fix everything, but the guys *know* what to do. They just can't do it. They know what the Bruins are doing, and they know how to beat it. I know and I'm sitting in my living room in PA. They just can't execute it. We can't handle the puck, and that will kill any power play.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We are unable to get to "our game" because we can't control the puck. We play fast because we move the puck. But we can't move the puck because we can't handle it. The Bruins know this, so they're just pressuring the puck all over the ice, daring us to make a skilled play. This is what's killing our power play. If we were able to make two quick, short, crisp passes, we'd have an open net, because the Bruins are basically ignoring our two guys in the middle. They're on the point men and on the boards. They know they can pressure us and turn us over.

I know I'm fighting a losing battle with this "power play coach" idea that will somehow fix everything, but the guys *know* what to do. They just can't do it. They know what the Bruins are doing, and they know how to beat it. I know and I'm sitting in my living room in PA. They just can't execute it. We can't handle the puck, and that will kill any power play.

What do you think will fix it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad