GDT: Game #4 | Blues @ Rangers | "Return of Kaufman"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Have been wholly unimpressed by Thompson and Dunn so far. They'll get there but they still need some work. Would definitely not mind swapping them out for Schmaltz/Walman / and Blais to give some of those guys a look

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Have been wholly unimpressed by Thompson and Dunn so far. They'll get there but they still need some work. Would definitely not mind swapping them out for Schmaltz/Walman / and Blais to give some of those guys a look
Walman....wtf? We got enough of him in the preseason. Dunn hasn't been overly impressive but he's been solid. Wouldn't want Schmaltz on the left and I'm not a huge fan of Bort over there.

Would agree about swapping TT out. He has a few moments but they are few and far between. Other then that he looks barly passible.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Dunn or Walman won't be taking Gunnar's spot this year. Gunnar is very underrated on this board.
Hot start doesn't make him underrated. I will say, he seems to be doing much better in the newish system this year. Still, can't wait to get Jbo back to push Gunnar down to bottom pair and Dunn to AHL. Dunn had a rough period IMO. Couple turnovers and sloppy passes.

Once everyone is healthy, will Paajarvi be a healthy scratch most nights?
NO, at least he better not be. He is a very good 4th liner at worst (passable 3rd liner at best).

#27 in '17 and #31 in '18? big whoop...that's a steal!
ayy lmao

Barbashev looks engaged, throwing hits and busting his ass to get to loose pucks/win battles. Only critique would be he is deferring a bit too much IMO. Would like to see him get a bit more assertive, hopefully he sticks long enough to develop chemistry with Schwartz and Schenn...cause those 2 are magical together.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

You lost me there ^^^. Prosser? ...sure. Lindbohm?...perhaps. Walman? Not a goddamn chance.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I think Dunn's been fairly decent considering the context. Some nice flashes, and no back-breaking mistakes. It's obvious he still has a lot of developing to do, but if you aren't a flat liability on the ice at that position and at that age, you're doing pretty good. I'm encouraged by what I've seen.

I missed what sounded like Thompson's best game, so I'm not going to say much about him other than our biggest concerns about his game seem on target after watching him play against NHLers.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Walman....wtf? We got enough of him in the preseason. Dunn hasn't been overly impressive but he's been solid. Wouldn't want Schmaltz on the left and I'm not a huge fan of Bort over there.

Would agree about swapping TT out. He has a few moments but they are few and far between. Other then that he looks barly passible.
Dunn had a rough period there. Not sure if it's the intensity or schedule getting to him, but regardless he could use a sit IMO. Hopefully he proves me wrong the rest of the way here!

EDIT: to be clear, I'm not saying Walman is the answer. But we have other guys who can play bottom pairing LHD.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

Yeah I mean he sucked in those 2 or 3 games but maybe he'll be better in a real game. We don't know unless we try it's not like we lose anything by giving these guys a look right now with JBo out. I know you dislike Walman based on those 3 times you watched him but I still think he deserves a shot.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Honestly, I think this has been Dunn's best game so far. Still nothing spectacular but he seems to look a bit more comfortable out there.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
#27 in '17 and #31 in '18? big whoop...that's a steal!

I probably would have given them #27 just to take Lehtera. A late first a year from now for Schenn? 12 times out of 10.

That's a good way to look at it

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I want to give Dunn some more games before sending him down, I think he's looked alright.

Switch Thompson and Blais, without a doubt.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Honestly, I think this has been Dunn's best game so far. Still nothing spectacular but he seems to look a bit more comfortable out there.
Seriously?

I thought Dunn was fighting the puck a bit, had some sloppy plays in our end. He was much better yesterday IMO.

:dunno:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yeah I mean he sucked in those 2 or 3 games but maybe he'll be better in a real game. We don't know unless we try it's not like we lose anything by giving these guys a look right now with JBo out. I know you dislike Walman based on those 3 times you watched him but I still think he deserves a shot.

I don't agree....he looked bad impression while Dunn looks pretty much like he does now. I havn't watched any AHL or seen any reviews of his play but no noise that he's killing it. I wouldn't experiment with him at all till he's earned it. Blais didn't deserve to go down though.

Edit: i don't dislike Walman, he's very promising but he was bad in what would be his tryout games which was against NHL'ish competition. He hasn't done anything to earn a spot. It would be like trying to make a case for Kyrou

Reactions: KirkOut

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I don't agree....he looked bad impression while Dunn looks pretty much like he does now. I havn't watched any AHL or seen any reviews of his play but no noise that he's killing it. I wouldn't experiment with him at all till he's earned it. Blais didn't deserve to go down though
fair enough. we can agree on Blais though at least

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Gunnarsson has 2 goals in 3.33 games! That projects to 53 goals for an 82-game season!!! The Blues have a very offensive blueline (where have I heard THAT before?), with Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dunn, Walman and The NEW Gunnarsson!!! Who needs Shattenkirk??? :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Reactions: Lord Helix

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
How about Hutton tho? Steady as a rock thru 1. Must like playing the rangers :naughty:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I don't agree....he looked bad impression while Dunn looks pretty much like he does now. I havn't watched any AHL or seen any reviews of his play but no noise that he's killing it. I wouldn't experiment with him at all till he's earned it. Blais didn't deserve to go down though

It sounded like Walman isn't quite up to speed, even in the AHL. I thought somebody (maybe it was Oberyn) who did the prospect report in Morty's place (RIP Morty) mentioned that Walman was a -2 or -3 with zero points in the first week of the AHL. He could just be a guy like Tkachuk who sucks in the first few weeks of the season and needs to knock the rust off in live action. Some folks need more time than others to round out their game at the start of the season.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I suppose we can all see why they signed Upshall.

Our prospects need another year or two of seasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad